My first pair of Klipschorns

Zonie00

Hello,

New member but have been lurking for awhile. Just wanted to say I have had my mint all original 1978 Klipschorns for a couple days now. And all I can say is WOW! I love them, I have never enjoyed listening to recorded music this much. I ordered a tube amp today without my wife knowing. I think I have become addicted.

She might as well kill me 'cuz my Khorns have given me a taste of heaven!

Hello,

New member but have been lurking for awhile. Just wanted to say I have had my mint all original 1978 Klipschorns for a couple days now. And all I can say is WOW! I love them, I have never enjoyed listening to recorded music this much. I ordered a tube amp today without my wife knowing. I think I have become addicted.

She might as well kill me 'cuz my Khorns have given me a taste of heaven!

Well said. Oh, she'll never know - at least for awhile. You can hide new pieces of gear in the damnest places - and then slowly integrate them into the setup.

Congrats, and welcome to the madness.

Carl.

Well said. Oh, she'll never know - at least for awhile. You can hide new pieces of gear in the damnest places - and then slowly integrate them into the setup.

Congrats, and welcome to the madness.

Carl.

Welcome, welcome... and congrats on the Klipschorns !

Yes, many of us have long since figured out ways to be most devious... er, clever, when adding new stuff to our toy collections. You'll fit right in.

Cheerz (let's see some photos)

Rob

I could have made exactly this same post. Mine are also 78's. I bought a Scott LK-72B to drive them before I got a chance to pick them up. I've since replaced the caps with a kit supplied by member Bob Crites. That made a pretty noticable difference in the top end. And sealing them into the corner with some foam insulation made a very noticable difference in the bass.

I couldn't be happier , and the good news is that the wife loves them too. Managed to upgrade my HT speakers with the Quartets they replaced.

Welcome to the fold...

Steve