Improving your Hearing.

zuzu

I noticed that if I cup both hands and place them behind my ears so as to move the ear lobes forward, the sound and clarity increase DRAMATICALLY. I have 74 year old ears that still work pretty good! Can a few with younger ears try this and let us know what you experience?

yeah. me too, I thought this was about a hearing version of those fly-eye glasses that folks wear to strenthen their sight, and reduce the need for glasses.

Of course this works,not natural but any time you place any reflective(even hands)surface near the ears it will vastly change the way we hear from the midrange up.

I can hear bass to around 14Hz with my right ear ,where the left I only can hear deep bass down to around 22Hz. This is why I am TheEAR. [;)] Time to go for an JL Audio ARO implant to correct this...press SETUP and wait for the blinking light.

I built a house for an audiophile who was in his 70's and he listened to his system with these clear plastic cups that fit over his head like earmuffs with the cups behind his ears. He said he bought them out of a catalog. They are sold for the opera or symphony so the older ears can hear. Kind of like opera glasses for the ears.

Greg

Several years ago there was a company selling a device made of leather that strapped to your ears and acted like cupping hands. Any of these devices make radical changes in the way sound is perceived. Do a web search on the funciton of the pinna (the outer ear structure) and you'll learn how important it is in our perception of location, timing, imaging etc. Also check out HRTF - head related transfer function.