FS CORWALL II Florida BIN 700.00

tuned4life

The original poster is not the seller. I'd bet the seller isn't a forum member.

If you want them, just click on Buy It Now. They're not likely to make it to the weekend, especially after being outed here. It's an excellent deal.

• Moderators

Yeah, he's in law enforcement. Visited Dtel for a few days over the holidays.

OK i know who you are talking about, he never seems to post here. He came by on the first day of this year for a few hours with his family, nice people.

I don't know why he don't visit the forum more, or at all any more ?

All,

Yup, got them today. 320 mile round trip, but worth it. Original owner, carted them around since college in WV.

I'm "side by side" testing them vs LaScalas. Bass is better - more "direct" if that makes sense; mid is slightly less clear and "separate", likely due, in part, to the 601 vs the 400 horn (I'm also using Bob Crites' special A/4500 crossover in the LS's which is a more "extreme slope", so that's probably cheating..); highs are about the same. Bob's CT-125 at point blank range is better, but after about 10 feet it evens out. BUT the "footprint" in the room is much better. The 24" depth of the LaScala is just too much for certain rooms. The WAF (wife acceptance factor) played out here. When my wife saw the dtel's Cornwalls, I got the "that's what we need instead of those monster Klispchorns all over the house" look on the drive home. Oh well. They are HWO's, RV2, and really are in the advertised mint condition. Listening to "Oh Brother Where Art Thou" on a TASCAM CC-222 through identical Warren Bendler modded Sansui AU-919's. Clean, very clean... All that aside, they are really good as the "flankers" with the LS's as the centers. My ears are still failry good, but I'm not detecting any noticeable comb filtering/ null effects with them in that "array" (Oh the heresy...)

Greatest apologies to Dtel and Mrs. Dtel (and anyone else that tried to get in contact); Mr & Mrs Luquet and their family were most gracious and kind and my family had a great time visiting. I tried calling weekly since we got back, but the cell number does not seem to work (?). I'll try again tonight.

Could not go on the i-net unless it was work related for the last two months (policy change at work), and we don't have i-net access other than a 26k dial up for email at home. Had serious problems with email and i-net access (Amy at Klipsch knows what I'm talking about). Problem was resolved just very recently. I can now keep my email address and access anything I want (within reason) after duty hours.

In any event, my decision to go for a pair of Cornwalls is fully credited to Dtel and Mrs. Dtel. When we visited and heard their Cornwalls we decided that that was the way to go for the "home theater" in the living room. Klipschorns are great (Lord knows I've got three pairs of them...)., but they are just too big for that application until we build the new house in a couple years.

I have not "forum'd" for a while for the reason cited, and also I've been tied up at work. The Heresy projects are being completed. Michael Bell in Ohio got one of the "new" cabineted pairs. I've two more pairs to finish and then turn my attention to the Klipschorns....

For Colterphoto; all albums are being sorted by some "help" and your Allman Brothers will be the first batch to leave.

Can't remember who else asked for "new" cabineted H-I's, but the next pair will be ready next week and I will post pictures here before they end up on eBay....

Later and best wishes to all.

The one's in Brandon use to be mine. I had to completely refinish them. The tops were very bad from a plant and years in the sun. All parts were original, though I replaced the tweeter diaphrams in both. They do look and sound good although 1 grill was jury rigged on. But it's tight and looks OK. I thought they sounded great but I liked the sound of my CW II's a little more. It was close but I think the 2's are smoother. Now the 2's are gone to Mike Lindsey's and I'm enjoying a pair of Chorus II's. Very similar to the CW2's.The guy in Brandon is very informative. He has a lot of speakers in a large florida\living room. He also had a very nice pair of CF3's

post-3905-13819325950672_thumb.jpg

• Moderators

"Greatest apologies to Dtel and Mrs. Dtel (and anyone else that tried to get in contact); Mr & Mrs Luquet and their family were most gracious and kind and my family had a great time visiting. I tried calling weekly since we got back, but the cell number does not seem to work (?). I'll try again tonight."

Groomlake, call the home number and please leave a message. Even with nine of us here we can't always answer the phone. We really enjoyed your visit and hope you get back this way again. The cell phone doesn't work at our home and sometimes it took over a week for a message to come through on the cellphone voicemail. Not sure what the deal is with that situation. BTW, you were right about "emergency communications" mandate from feds....there is now a new cell phone tower located near that "sharp right curve" just up the road from our house, although it is still not operational.

Oh, BTW congrats on the Cornwall purchase. I hope they become part of your "private collection".