Smiles in Bucksterville.........

oldbuckster

• Moderators

He does have it, Mike.

Buck, keep it singing for as long as you can, bud. If you have any issues, give us a shout, and we can help you out. I messed up when I made the road trip, so I'll dig a meter up in the basement, and send the meter and case out to you in a week or so.

While you were playing with your "new" Scott, Colleen and Liam flew up to Chitown, and we did the zoo/Frank Lloyd Wright house/best friend tour here. I'm tired.[:D]

OB,

Glad you and that Scott are warming up to each other. I got excited for you just reading your posts, heck you were not even grumppy at all. I hope this does not soften you up too much, we still need our No. 1 butt kicker around here. To those who got this set up, and followed through to compleation [Y][Y][Y]

Now that you have discovered the center channel, you will have to hunt yourself down a third H2 to stick in there. I bet Speaker Fritz has 4 or 5 laying around somewhere, or you could get his LS's and use a H2 for a center[:D]

I think your music selection is absolutely the best. You better hope I don't ever end up in your neck of the woods because I will be a poundin' on your door to check out some tunes.

I hope you continue to get a great sense of pleasure from your Scott.

Travis

The 'ol gaffer's busy tuning IN!

Tunin' In but not droppin' out..............It's like a whole new CD collection............plus, I got some new selections to play on the Scott, No wife here to hollar, "Turn it Down"..................LIFE is Good....................EH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Moderators

The 'ol gaffer's busy tuning IN!

Tunin' In but not droppin' out..............It's like a whole new CD collection............plus, I got some new selections to play on the Scott, No wife here to hollar, "Turn it Down"..................LIFE is Good....................EH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

311 AM, OB don't forget to sleep , eat, shower, you will have to pry yourself away from the music for a few minutes, you can hurry.

" LIFE is Good..................EH " Glad to hear that from you after everything you have been through in the last couple years ! [:D]

He does have it, Mike.

Buck, keep it singing for as long as you can, bud. If you have any issues, give us a shout, and we can help you out. I messed up when I made the road trip, so I'll dig a meter up in the basement, and send the meter and case out to you in a week or so.

While you were playing with your "new" Scott, Colleen and Liam flew up to Chitown, and we did the zoo/Frank Lloyd Wright house/best friend tour here. I'm tired.[:D]

OB,

Glad you and that Scott are warming up to each other. I got excited for you just reading your posts, heck you were not even grumppy at all. I hope this does not soften you up too much, we still need our No. 1 butt kicker around here. To those who got this set up, and followed through to compleation [Y][Y][Y]

Now that you have discovered the center channel, you will have to hunt yourself down a third H2 to stick in there. I bet Speaker Fritz has 4 or 5 laying around somewhere, or you could get his LS's and use a H2 for a center[:D]

I think your music selection is absolutely the best. You better hope I don't ever end up in your neck of the woods because I will be a poundin' on your door to check out some tunes.

Travis

Travis - The center output on a 299 (a and B) is unpowered which is why a powered sub like the RSW-12 I sometimes use with my 299b works so well. To add another heresy, you'd need to run another amp to the center out RCA jack. The 299C and D have powered center ouputs which allow a derrived center channel with no additional amp.

OB - Glad you're enjoying the Scott. It was my first tube amp also and I still use it with my Cornwalls. The sound is flat out stunning.

Larry, it's the second album..GRAND FUNK......I always called it the Red Album.....The Scott is AWESOME.....[:D]..NO[bs]

Really kool Ob,I'm glad you're diggin' the new set.I love that album,I also always called it the red album,one of my Grand Funk faves.

Good show OB!!

I'll let you in on a deep, dark secret. Heresys were advertised as 2/3rds of a Klipschorn. That might have been a little stretch[;)] but with a properly set up subwoofer, they can be closer than that.....

Interesting comment. While not the last word on get LOUD, or get LOW, Heresys have a nice sonic signature indeed. Heresys do what they do honestly!

Rick

Ah Gee, Thanks Guys, got my head buried in the Rock and Roll, like I said, It's like a whole new system. The Scott sure sounds good, been pounding it, and she doesn't miss a beat........probably be buried in it today, than I need to take a break. It really is an easy piece of equipment to use, although, she does manage to throw some heat, but the music selections have been burning, but I love it. May have to venture into my Bob Marley collection today, need to hear some "Bottom End' in my music, and the Wailers can provide that..........These last couple of days have been a blast, my face hurts from smilin'.......I can not Thank You Guys enough........I can't believe the difference in the Lower End output of the Scott, it has so much bottom end, and I still don't use the sub, but I will try hooking it up pretty soon.......Smiles galore in Bucksterville........[:D]..[Y]..NO[bs]..EH !!!!!!!!!!!

Can I use a powered Sub with the 299-D ?????????

Boy, I need to take a break, have gone through alot of CD's these past 3 days, and all I can say is , WOW. They all sounded great, I now have a sound that I can live with. Thought I was way off base, but after going to a LIVE show Friday night, I've got the stereo right where I want it, finally. The Scott raises everything to a new level.............2 channel sounds so fine.........Shelty Dave, again, I can't Thank You enough, and the others guys, a big old Thanks to you too.............Just Unbelievable.........Really need to take a break, but it's been a fun trip...............Tomorrows another day.............

• Moderators

He does have it, Mike.

OB,

Travis

Travis - The center output on a 299 (a and B) is unpowered which is why a powered sub like the RSW-12 I sometimes use with my 299b works so well. To add another heresy, you'd need to run another amp to the center out RCA jack. The 299C and D have powered center ouputs which allow a derrived center channel with no additional amp.

OB - Glad you're enjoying the Scott. It was my first tube amp also and I still use it with my Cornwalls. The sound is flat out stunning.

I never owned a Scott, and that makes sense that it would be unpowered. Now, back then, what would have been the purpose of having an unpowered center channel? I have read posts on here, and elsewhere, there was a move afoot to go from stereo to 3 channel, studios were recording in 3 channel, etc. What was the purpose of this feature?

Travis