STILL selling my Linn Axis turntable--you guys get first shot. . .

Allan Songer

I am selling my Linn Axis turntable. I recently got back to vinyl in my office system and dusted off my old Linn table from about 1990. And then a couple of weeks ago I stumbled on a nice deal on a Linn LP12 and bought it. I had an LP12 in my main system for most of the 1980s and I really wanted another one some day and that day is here! So, I'm selling the Axis. It's in VERY nice shape--a few small marks on the dust cover which could be polished out if you wanted to spend the time and elbow grease--I never really used the cover for most of the table's life--so that means the hinges are like NEW--a real rarity for a Linn of this vintage!!! It comes with a Basik LVX tonearm in nearly perfect condition and a Linn K9 MM cartidge which had a new stylus as of 100 hours or so ago--it works FINE, but it is about 17 years old, so consider it a starter cartridge--you'll probably want to get something new.

$495 shipped Fed Ex Ground anywhere in the USA. And don't worry about packing--I know how to pack a turntable--it will be packed BETTER than if I used the factory box! (which I no longer have)

2.jpg

3.jpg

6.jpg

5.jpghttp://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c58/runsgood99/linn/5.jpg'>

• Moderators

That is an incredible table, I had one before my current set up. It is well above "entry level" in terms of quality, but at an entry level price. In my opinion a much better way to go then Rega or MMF. Built like tanks, great tone arm, simple anti-skate (bias). I ran mine with the latest Shure V15. The plastic cover is removable so if you are going to do some lengthy listening it is easy to get it out of the way. To go from 33 to 45 is easy as pressing a button. Nice solid platter. As I recall the unit weighed at least 25 lbs, or I may just be getting old.

Nothing like Scottish craftsmanship, from a man who has a terrible fear of the letter "C".

Travis

Yeah, it's a great table. I think it was $800 all in in 1990--I'd have to try to look it up to see for sure, but that's the number in my head.

The quality of this table is unreal when compared with a Music Hall ( and I own THREE of them that I rent out as film props!). The Linn is built like a tank and it sounds FANTASTIC.

It's a rubber suspension--not as bouncy as a Linn LP12 or a TD125, but if footfalls are really a problem I'd stay away from ANY suspended table unless you can set up a wall shelf.

By the way, this one is going to ebay or Audiogon (I think it will sell for more on ebay, actually--there's an Axis on Audigon for $695 obo that's been up for at least ten days) on Monday morning.

It's a rubber suspension--not as bouncy as a Linn LP12 or a TD125, but if footfalls are really a problem I'd stay away from ANY suspended table unless you can set up a wall shelf.

By the way, this one is going to ebay or Audiogon (I think it will sell for more on ebay, actually--there's an Axis on Audigon for $695 obo that's been up for at least ten days) on Monday morning.

Is that why my Technics DD doesn't give me any trouble?

"STILL FOR SALE!! A lightning strike took out the original buyer's entire system last night and he has bigger worries than getting a new turntable!"

Thats what happens when you try to ask for permission first, rather than just buying it and asking for forgiveness later.