Garage Sale find

oldenough

Did my usual rounds of the garage sales, found a nice pair of Dynaco speakers, in real nice shape except for one badge missing. Did some research and they are model A-40 XL, biggest suprise....they sound very, very nice, especially "nice" given the $5 they cost me.

It's great that in parts of the country folks hold on to stuff as long as they do and offer them up at garage sales.

There have been some amazing finds.

• 5 years later...

Wow! It is a great help, indeed. Yard sales used to be laid back things for families and neighbors. However, the tough economy has prompted some to turn it into a revenue making business. That has some cities and towns steamed up against "extreme" garage sales and I found it here Cities crack down on extreme garage sales.

Thanks and best regards,

Keyla

I have friends I recommended Dynaco A 5's to about 1975. They still have them and they are still comparable to anything at any price. About 10 years ago he got a pair of A-25s and put them in the rear with a Dynaquad passive ambience router. Results: AWESOME

Some of their early SS stuff was AWFUL, but most Dyna products were best in class.

Dave

Wow, spammers digging up a 5 year old thread.

Hmm. Good catch. However, I didn't follow the link from the spammer nor look at the dates. What's the spam?

And where is the spam patrol???????????

Frankly, I think we need more spam cops. If Amy grants the power to delete a thread ONLY when it's clearly spam there are plenty of folks here who can be trusted with that.

Dave

• 7 years later...