true??

Here's the other thing. I don't notice the eye shadow, right? I'm color blind. Literally. Been diagnosed as color blind. Now about her not hearing a difference in sound. Most of the times it's been a BIG difference, and she says she doesn't notice. I'm like, are you kidding me? There's been times when she says it's the same, and I think she's playing around. So I'm color blind, and she's tone def! But I still love her!!!

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

And speaking of compromise. Take another look at the pic. I put the left tower in another room, because that's where the sub sounds the best at. By far. But... She said it looks so much more "homey" with the tower there, so I put it back. I think that's apretty big compromise. A lot less sound quality from the sub for her room to look more "homey". [:'(]

dtels wife, Well at least your husband lets you choose anything but the sweet ones. My hubby, only french vanilla or creme caramel. But since I sell Partylite candles, I get them cheap, but it is spring and we need some spring scents.  I actually it's not that big of a deal. I mean so what if one day he comes home and their are strawberry candles burning. and all his audio stuff gone. I would never do that, but it's a nice thought.  I think tommy is too young for the compromise stuff. He still needs his way. My 7 month old and him have alot in common.[:P]

I see a resolution to these problems. Tommyboy needs his own dudes room and you could reclaim the entire living room. A place where he can have tons of stero equipment and you don't even notice. A nice detached two story garage would be nice for him. 

I think I'm safe to say that this is the first thread that has started with a question about a cd player and gone on a journey over the hills and through the woods to eye shadow and girly candles we go!!! lol

-David

PS Welcome to the forum, tommyboy's wife!!!

dtels wife, Well at least your husband lets you choose anything but the sweet ones. My hubby, only french vanilla or creme caramel. But since I sell Partylite candles, I get them cheap, but it is spring and we need some spring scents. I actually it's not that big of a deal. I mean so what if one day he comes home and their are strawberry candles burning. and all his audio stuff gone. I would never do that, but it's a nice thought. I think tommy is too young for the compromise stuff. He still needs his way. My 7 month old and him have alot in common.[:P]

I see a resolution to these problems. Tommyboy needs his own dudes room and you could reclaim the entire living room. A place where he can have tons of stero equipment and you don't even notice. A nice detached two story garage would be nice for him.

Ya, we've already discussed this. But right now we live in military housing, and totally dont' have the room for all that. But whenever we buy our first house, (probably around 2010,) we've agreed that I get my dedicated theater room. Don't let her lie to you either. She wants a theater room just as bad as I do. Well, maybe not AS bad, but she wants one no doubt. No candles allowed in there!

dtels wife, Well at least your husband lets you choose anything but the sweet ones. My hubby, only french vanilla or creme caramel. But since I sell Partylite candles, I get them cheap, but it is spring and we need some spring scents.  I actually it's not that big of a deal. I mean so what if one day he comes home and their are strawberry candles burning. and all his audio stuff gone. I would never do that, but it's a nice thought.  I think tommy is too young for the compromise stuff. He still needs his way. My 7 month old and him have alot in common.[:P]

Ya, we've already discussed this.  But right now we live in military housing, and totally dont' have the room for all that.  But whenever we buy our first house, (probably around 2010,)  we've agreed that I get my dedicated theater room.  Don't let her lie to you either.  She wants a theater room just as bad as I do.  Well, maybe not AS bad, but she wants one no doubt.  No candles allowed in there!

It sounds like you are both very lucky. Congrats : )

LOL![:D] My wife and I worked this out years ago. We used to discuss anything that cost over $50, then it was $100, now I say "Oh DEAR, I would like to buy ######" and she says "Do you think we can afford it?" and I will normaly say "I think so" and she will say "OK"

Then again, when she wants something, she gets it too[;)]

• Moderators

ROFL

Tommyboy is gonna have to play nice now that his wife found out where he's hanging out. Dtel went through the same changes too! [:#]

Now that's just not true Who and you know it. Dtel "play nice"....you think he "sugar coats" his words because I am on this Forum...I thought you knew us better than that.

Seriously, Tommy, you need to consider OB's advice. You know give the wife a little attention...it takes a lot to keep a house running smoothly and if your wife is correct (judging by the pics of your equipment, she could be correct), your self indulgence is probably wearing a little thin on her.

Things are trying for young couples, especially with a young child, take the time to enjoy each other as much as you do your audio/video addiction.

We've been married for about 2.5 years. When she first moved in, I had a 32" TV, a crappy receiver, and a pair of bookshelf speakers. (SB2's) Over the last 2.5 years, she has been very patient with me and my "addiction" for audio. Buying this, selling that, upgrading this, etc. I can honestly that off the top of my head, I can't think of another woman that would be as patient as my wife has been with me and this hobby of mine. So, anyway I would like to publicly say thank you Venessa, and I love you, and Jr. very much.

P.S.

Just think babe, when I upgrade again, I can give you and Jr. my current setup, and you guys will have a kick butt system!

I recently bought a few Yankee scented candles.... They're OK, but I really would rather them be stronger. I was thinking of moving to the oils/oil burner deal. I was surfing Bath & Body Works and found it interesting. I've never ever used them. Could anyone advise and compare the oils to candles? What CD player?

• Moderators

I like the oil burners much better ! The ones that use the little candles in the small metal cups?

Being a old hippie I liked incense years ago, but oil is better same effect without the smoke " from the incense " And much better smell, no burning stick, also much better than the high price incense with no stick.

When you first try the oil only put a few drops, we have tried different oils and some are VERY STRONG, to the point you have to blow the candle out after 15 minutes and relight it later the smell gets so strong. Candles are nice but it is cheaper to use oil , but my wife also has about 50 candles so we still use candles also.

• Moderators

ROFL

Tommyboy is gonna have to play nice now that his wife found out where he's hanging out. Dtel went through the same changes too! [:#]

Well DrWho after 28 years I don't worry to much about being in trouble anymore, with some of the stuff I do it's going to happen !

As far as my wife reading here on the forum, it actually helped me get "stuff " I wanted without the need to explain why.

To tell the truth, now her list of things audio " to get " is longer than mine ! She wants Heresy's for the bedroom, and Khorns to add to the other 8 Klipsch in the living room ! [:D] I said it will look like a Klipsch showroom, she said if people don't like the way it looks they can leave and don't have to come back !

She has been very good about this stuff so we will get her the speakers she wants also, hard to argue with that.

She likes speakers " Klipsch " but Zero about what's best to play them with, and don't really care, as long as she likes the sound.

I think she might even like tubes eventually ! If it sounds good she would like it.