Chomping at the bit . . .

Allan Songer

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sweet indeed! What are the small tubes? Brand wise?

Larry

Those are Craig's tubes.

I'll be running Telefunken smooth plate 12AX7 and Amperex Bugle Boy 12AU7 with NU or Sylvaina 5U4G rectifiers. The outputs will be the Valve Art 350B--gotta preserve the WE 350B for MC30s--I have a lifetime supply!

Sweet indeed! What are the small tubes? Brand wise?

Larry

Those are Craig's tubes.

I'll be running Telefunken smooth plate 12AX7 and Amperex Bugle Boy 12AU7 with NU or Sylvaina 5U4G rectifiers. The outputs will be the Valve Art 350B--gotta preserve the WE 350B for MC30s--I have a lifetime supply!

Lifetime supply of WE 350B wow you must have bought early. I wouldn't say that too loudly......!

OK - WTH? Is that Craig's new amp? [:|] But it's got BLACK TRANSFORMERS! ???? I've been squawking about that for over a year. I want black on my VRDs! I've even come up with all sorts of ways in my head that I could paint them without screwing things up. Wow. And..... WTH??? What's up with the prettily shaped tubes? And... the 2 center tubes that I thought were rectifiers are the SAME SHAPE as the others flanking them?

Craig actually made something pretty! [:o] I have to go find the thread that explains these things. Those aren't KT88's right? Cuz Allan, I thought you were not a fan of KT88's so they must be something else.

Oh so many wheels spinning in my head right now.

EDIT - Or am I wrong and that isn't Craig's amp? LOL

OK - WTH? Is that Craig's new amp? [:|] But it's got BLACK TRANSFORMERS! ???? I've been squawking about that for over a year. I want black on my VRDs! I've even come up with all sorts of ways in my head that I could paint them without screwing things up. Wow. And..... WTH??? What's up with the prettily shaped tubes? And... the 2 center tubes that I thought were rectifiers are the SAME SHAPE as the others flanking them?

Craig actually made something pretty! [:o] I have to go find the thread that explains these things. Those aren't KT88's right? Cuz Allan, I thought you were not a fan of KT88's so they must be something else.

Oh so many wheels spinning in my head right now.

EDIT - Or am I wrong and that isn't Craig's amp? LOL