OT Southern BBQ Ribs

seti

Gosh I almost forgot this one- IMHO Definitely in the top 5 ever and I have been to Memphis and I live in NC.

McCabes BBQ in Kingstree SC. Large outdoor pit cooking. Written up in Southern Living and many others

Pork BBQ- hash and rice- OMG is it killer. If you are ever in central SC dont miss this one- They are open like Thurs - Sat- check first

• 1 month later...

Today I met Tony Reed and Seti at Sims BBQ in LR. Their new location is really very nice. No warning signs on the door or anything.

If you want extra nice treatment from the waitresses, go with Seti. He's as good as family there.

After some great ribs for lunch we went down to Seti's house and listened to his jub clones and the sound was very good.

Seti also made some French press coffee with fresh ground African coffee beans. ummm. very good.

Thanks for the great hospitality.

Today I met Tony Reed and Seti at Sims BBQ in LR. Their new location is really very nice. No warning signs on the door or anything.

If you want extra nice treatment from the waitresses, go with Seti. He's as good as family there.

After some great ribs for lunch we went down to Seti's house and listened to his jub clones and the sound was very good.

Seti also made some French press coffee with fresh ground African coffee beans. ummm. very good.

Thanks for the great hospitality.

That was a blast. I'm up for it anytime.

BTW there was a bbq event on the NLR side of the river. There must have been a hundred grillers competing. I wish I could have attended as it smelled incredible.

• 2 months later...

The Cross Eyed Pig was the place to be for lunch in Little Rock today. Met Tony and Iain there. Kevin Klipsch4Life had planned to join us, but is still recovering from a bad cough.

Iain, thanks for buying the ribs bro. They were very good. If any folks are interested, I'd give it at least 4 of 5 stars.

http://www.crosseyedpig.com/Cross-Eyed_Pig_Home.html

The Cross Eyed Pig was the place to be for lunch in Little Rock today. Met Tony and Iain there. Kevin Klipsch4Life had planned to join us, but is still recovering from a bad cough.

Iain, thanks for buying the ribs bro. They were very good. If any folks are interested, I'd give it at least 4 of 5 stars.

http://www.crosseyedpig.com/Cross-Eyed_Pig_Home.html

No problem. Always nice to meet up for some ribs. A differnt style and bigger ribs.

Thanks for the Fisher 800 already singing [Y]

IMG_3163.JPG

that is one nice rib. heavy, too.

Iain, you know, since I'm moving to the neighborhood, we should plan a road trip to listen to blues in Clarkesdale, MS and check out Abe's BBQ.

I hear their ribs are a spiritual experience. Everybody that eats them says Lord have mercy!

Iain, you know, since I'm moving to the neighborhood...

Do tell more, Dee! I need to know your address, for next time I run away from home...Seems like ribs would be a nice bonus!

• 1 month later...

Here's a pretty good slide show on a whole pig roast. I've heard of folks cooking in a deep pit covered with earth during cooking time.

It's not really a southern thing, but looks like it would be pretty good.

http://www.nytimes.com/slideshow/2010/07/16/dining/20100721-pig-slideshow.html

My pork lust is running pretty high right now. They are doing it just right. I just had Pork Belly cooked properly for the first time. Where has it been my whole life.

Dee: given the "hurry cain" season prognostications.... the earliest we might be able to get back up to LR (or anywhere along the way...) won't be until Thanksgiving or Christmas... have to head to the cross eyed pig and have another "Klipsch business lunch meetin'"

Whenever it works for you guys to get here, we'll save a place for you at the table.

Dee: given the "hurry cain" season prognostications.... the earliest we might be able to get back up to LR (or anywhere along the way...) won't be until Thanksgiving or Christmas... have to head to the cross eyed pig and have another "Klipsch business lunch meetin'"

Whenever it works for you guys to get here, we'll save a place for you at the table.

Here's a pretty good slide show on a whole pig roast. I've heard of folks cooking in a deep pit covered with earth during cooking time.

My pork lust is running pretty high right now. They are doing it just right. I just had Pork Belly cooked properly for the first time. Where has it been my whole life.

pork belly done right? could you say more about that?

pork belly done right? could you say more about that?

Well yes pork belly is bacon but roasted pork belly to me is bacon++++++++++.

Bacon Sen at Uchiko in Austin. It was roasted perfectly with a apple puree on the side.

l

When the pork belly is roasted the meat parts are chunkier and crispy leaving the fat to almost liquefy and spill onto the plate. I am going to try a couple recipes to see if I can get close. I think I had a dream about pork belly last night.....