Questions for Klipsch

• Klipsch Employees

I have talked to a number of you about what you would like to do while here at Klipsch for a visit. Most had <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" />parts of the same answer. The theme was conversation. Most wanted the chance to visit with the folks here at Klipsch to talk about whatever. With that in mind, I have been working on something for Saturday night after dinner.

What do you think about a Klipsch town hall meeting? We can provide a panel of Klipsch employees to answer (or at least dance around) your questions. What we would need from you is a list of people that you would like to ask questions of and a list of topics / questions you would like to ask. The idea is to provide as much access to the people that make this company great as we can (with out having you sign a non disclosure agreement).

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

For now just tell me what you think. We can worry about the questions later.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Beddy, Beddy, Guud.

I would love to have the panel as part of the pilgrimage. Coming up with good questions will really be difficult though. I'd really like to hear 'how Klipsch engineering works', how new products are designed and what kind of testing happens. Is the engineering requirements based/traced in the classic engineering sense? Or is it fast and loose with a few engineers doing what they believe need to be done to make the best product?

I say we sit Roy atop a dunk tank while he answers questions and anytime someone doesn't like his answer, they get to start throwing balls at the target.

I think it would be really cool for Roy and Jim Hunter and anyone else close to PWK to share about his latest perspectives on audio. It'd also be cool to talk to the president and exec board or whoever all is at the top making the decisions to see what their vision for the future of Klipsch is.

I personally would prefer a more technical oriented Q&A to ask all them hard design questions, but I doubt everyone would be interested in that.

I've never been to a town meeting, but aren't they a bit more on the formal side? Is there any chance to have more informal interactions with the Klipsch people?

• Klipsch Employees

I don't think there to be a need for "Roberts Rules of Order" but I hope to have a mic to send around for questions, as well as one for the answers.

That alone will control the flow of the meeting. Mike, you know us. We are a laid back bunch.

If we eat at 6:30pm, we will finish around 8:00pm, Then add 2 hr for the meeting and then 2hr for load out...that gets us headed home at 12am.

Hunter's place is an hr away. I guess my point is we will not have the time for a long meeting.

I would love to hear where they see Klipsch going too. Not to dwell on failures but what is working good, what didn't, and where are you going now.

(For instance, I loved the iFi... I think it might have been too expensive... a sub and two satilites + - 399.00? And now I wish I could get one. There was nothing quite out there that sounded this good with iPods, it filled a room with sound if you liked, and was powerful clean and LOUD too. I just waited too long to get one. My guess, the failure if it, was the market wanted something smaller and a lot less money too.)

Obviously, a demo of HT Technology and what works.. when we set them up ... what does not.... that maybe we all should know about?

The new home automation product (C 700?) is cool, I am sure you will demo it. How can we incorporate this into our own systems?

I think a good question to ask them to ponder is this. "What do they want us to know about Klipsch that we can tell others about when we go home?"

I think we want to help you (Klipsch) as well. Anytime, we as a group, can help you answer if we like this vs that idea or product your talking to people passionate about Klipsch too. Hello?? We want to feel we give something back to you as well.

Roy and Jim would be two high on my list to just listen and learn anything I can from.

• Klipsch Employees

128 views and 8 post is why I am worried about holding a meeting like this.

IF you care and have input, please give it.

IF the meeting is not your cup of tea, tell us what you want to do at/after dinner, if anything.

Seriously, we want you all to have a great time, be entertained, and learn. We are not planning a concert or live music event because the early concensus was that more conversation and free time seemed preferable.

Hence the Klipsch Town Hall Meeting.

Please sound off on this folks, we are deep in the planning stages and want you to be happy with YOUR Pilgrimage!

In the words of Glenn Hughes 'You are the Music, We're just the Band'.

Michael

I say we sit Roy atop a dunk tank while he answers questions and anytime someone doesn't like his answer, they get to start throwing balls at the target.

hey i'm game. this could be my annual bath!

I think it would be really cool for Roy and Jim Hunter and anyone else close to PWK to share about his latest perspectives on audio. It'd also be cool to talk to the president and exec board or whoever all is at the top making the decisions to see what their vision for the future of Klipsch is.

well i don't know about all that but hunter has tapes of some of paul's interviews. maybe we can get him to dig them out..

I personally would prefer a more technical oriented Q&A to ask all them hard design questions, but I doubt everyone would be interested in that.

I've never been to a town meeting, but aren't they a bit more on the formal side? Is there any chance to have more informal interactions with the Klipsch people?

have a blessed night doc,

roy

well i don't know about all that but hunter has tapes of some of paul's interviews. maybe we can get him to dig them out..

I would really like something like this along with some question and answer time.

At the Hope pilgrimage I asked Jim Hunter a few questions and learned some things I had wondered about for many years. I also sat next to Jim Hunter for awhile at the Fish Fry/Concert but I didn't really ask anything thinking that he would probably just like to relax after all the activities of that day but I sure would have liked to have talked to him and Roy alot more.

mike tn

Just a thought Trey but I wonder if it might be a good idea to e-mail the people on the list that say they are coming (just in case they aren't visiting the forum as often during this time of year) with pilgrimage questions like this.

• Moderators

That's a good point Indy...

think a good question to ask them to ponder is this. "What do they want us to know about Klipsch that we can tell others about when we go home?"

I read the book about PWK, but it would be nice to hear a few minutes of the tapes Roy talked about ?

To tell the truth I have so much to learn about all of this Anything is fine with me, the only thing I KNOW is how to enjoy music.

So anything that happens is fine with me !

I know all of you in Indy want it to go well , and I remember Trey almost killed himself trying to make sure everything went well in Hope last year, he worked as hard as any human could, no joke, ask anyone that was there !

What I would like to see is the people who are putting this thing together also have a good time, It will be a hit whatever we do, don't give yourself high blood pressure over it. Remember who you are dealing with, a bunch of people who are thrilled trying a bunch of speakers and amps to compare, with plenty of [bs] being tossed around and a few .

Hey they had live bands in Hope and you could not pry many out of the listening room in the farmhouse !

Not much help I know, sorry [A]

The idea of Roy and Jim Hunter and others talking sounds like a lot of fun... including answering some technical questions. Some reminiscing and talk about PWK would also be a lot of fun... I too would agree not to overload the Klipsch people too much as it should be as much fun for them as for the devotees and fans

That reminds me....

Whatever became of the reel-to-reel tapes that were pulled outta storage in Hope last summer? Did they ever get transfered to digital? It'd be cool to pull the digital versions out in Indy this summer.

"I know all of you in Indy want it to go well , and I remember Trey almost killed himself trying to make sure everything went well in Hope last year, he worked as hard as any human could, no joke, ask anyone that was there !"

Thanks Dtel, and remember that Trey will have his comedic sidekick [:^)] this year!

Yes, that's right the Curly One.

The input looks good guys, thanks.

Any more?

M

I vote for a panel segment led by Colter and Hunter, on hair care products. Then, for entertainment, put Roy and Allan Songer in the anechoic chamber with a camera, with a live feed into the on-site theater...