3 minutes to Miller Time

jacksonbart

i need a drink gentlemen! I was wrongfully accused by our local law enforcement of passing a stopped school bus. the motorcycle cop was 200 feet ahead of us down the road. i'm positive that the bus driver did not have the flashing lights activated signaling that it was loading or unloading passengers. Had a relative that works with the court ask a judge for advice--basically i was told that I was screwed, unless I could get the school bus driver to admit that she did not activate the warning lights. Internet search says that the fine in California is $1000; I sure hope that is wrong. Heck, that's a pair of very nice Cornwalls!
Attica! Attica! Attica!

fini back update: Thanks for the well-wishes, prayers and hopes, guys! Today I see the anesthesiologist for a "consultation," or "orientation," or some such BS. It'll be another 10 days before I get my epidural! One day at a time, baby. I guess this is why I have a rainy day fund, huh? I'm lucky to have it!!

So, planning ahead, what cocktails might go with an epidural? I'm sorta thinking champagne...

wi-giftguide28_w_0499479737.jpg

Have my fingers crossed for you fini. Why the 10 day delay on the epidural?

Bummer about your ticket Stew....hope that works out for you.

Tarheels are out of the ACC tournament.....no surprise there. This team never came together[:(] Maybe next year.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

Why the 10 day delay on the epidural?

Boy, it beats me. Must be a lot of folks getting them? It'll end up being 4 weeks from the onset to the treatment! Maybe they want to know if I'm really in pain...It's not so bad if I load up on meds and lie around doing nothing. But I have stuff I need to do. Simple stuff requiring me to walk a bit around the house...which I pay for...

BTW, I am buying all the rounds on the 22nd...!!

Ace those are beautiful- cant wait ot see more pics

Fini- 10 days.. WT?????? Hang in there.

Sipping a Newcastle trying to decide on dinner plans.

Got the Thorens TT yesterday- The SME tonearm is really complicated for someone with my limited mechanical/electronic ability. May have to pay somebody to set the thing up.

Everybody have a great weekend- Cheers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Winchester,

Don't feel so intimidated by the SME. It's a great arm. Yeah, you'll have to set up some pretty precise stuff, but there's TONS of info on it, and a lot of folks who will help you with it. Very important to not rush, take time learning about it. You've just spent a sizable sum on equipment (excellent equipment), and the tendency is to feel like because you've followed the best recommendations, it should all fall right into place, sounding top notch "out of the box," so to speak. Trust me, it will sound awesome. Feel free to email/PM me with any questions. I'm no expert, but have been where you are and I think I can assist, if you need it.

BTW, had the consult today. I'm pretty confident in the doc, just not 100% sure this will give me satisfactory pain relief. I did come away with three more prescriptions (I think I take more stuff than my 89 year old mother-in-law): Celebrex, a 5% lidocaine patch, and some gel called Voltaren. The last one sounds like it's either a Star Trek villain, or something to use while soldering...

Ya, it was a heck of a day...my legs and knees are not happy....driving the truck for 6 hours straight is not something I do often. More pics at some point...hope tomorrow to get a few guys to help me unload the pallet off the truck. Then I will probably stack them on my other ones for now until I can find a home for the cat or when I finally get the carpet in the basement. Had another nice score yesterday...finally got my 12 line beer trunk line from my garage where the beer cooler is to the bar where the taps go. That is going to be a nasty 50 ft run through the walls...about a 4" bundle of hose that can't be kinked. Only needed a 8 line, but the price was right. Have been thinking of running an all heritage 6.1 now...use my verts for front and rear center, the new ones as the fronts and my heresys as the rears. I have the stuff to do it, but I never watch movies...still think I may just want to do 3 nice 2 channel setups around the house. Having a few gin and tonics and trying to work my legs out (the rain is not helping my knees)

ACE

I'm pretty confident in the doc, just not 100% sure this will give me satisfactory pain relief. I did come away with three more prescriptions (I think I take more stuff than my 89 year old mother-in-law): Celebrex, a 5% lidocaine patch, and some gel called Voltaren. The last one sounds like it's either a Star Trek villain, or something to use while soldering...

Fini,

Voltaren is very well known here in Germay, so to say the over the counter pain relief for deep muscle and joint pains. I would suggest using a little more often than they say, apply thin and rub in well, I use it when my knee acts up.

Hope everything works out for you!!!

Thanks Fini- really appreciate the offer- May take you up on it. There is a local guy who is really good- I will check with him as to a price and go from there. My problem is time as well as not knowing. I am not under a plug and play illusion with this stuff. I never assume anything and I plan to adjust stuff and get help if needed. I really envy those like yourself with the ability for tinkering.I intend to read and study everything before I bring somebody in to do it for me.

Ace- I am a cornwall lover as well- I run a stock set for surrounds in my HT. Congrats on a killer pair of speakers. They are beautiful.

Too early for a drink- got too much to do. I am picking up 3 cases of Pinot Noir today for 6 bucks a bottle off closeout- was 20. That should re stock my rack for a while. Not a Pinot fan but for 6.00 I can become one.

Everybody have a great sat- Cheers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just took a beating in trivial persuit...had the most inserts, so technically a win, but a bad showing none the less. The cornwall vault is out of the truck...1/2 the way there.

I love cornwalls too winchester....threre is no reason why...I have heard las scalas...love the bigger mid horn....would probably love well set up khorns even more....I just keep seeming to find reasons to buy more cornwalls. They are placement forgiving, and I seem to find super rare ones whenever I should not be buying speakers. Some day this mess will clear itself up...I have 3 beautiful sets of speakers I never want to get rid of...the "Meatloaf Cornwalls", the only set of Persian Nutwood Cornwalls, and a real pretty set of decorator heresy's. I want to grow bigger and better, but my heart seems to always go with the cornwalls. Have a drink on me gents...goodnight

Cornwalls pushed me over the edge from an very decent reference system to a Heritage mix. I just could not get thr 2 ch sound that I was looking for out of the ref stuff. I love the sound and at current prices this speaker has to be the buy of a lifetime.

Hey fella's. Hope everyone is well this evening. Sitting down to a case of Coke and a far too small bottle of Knob Creek. Plan to share it with an old friend by the name of Bocephus. Think I'll put on some vintage Jr. Anyway looked at some neat stuff this weekend from Jeff Rowland and SonusFaber....BIG MISTAKE! Holy crap it sounded good...now I want some new toys. Not even that I need anything like what I was playing with but the bug is back,lol. I'm in need of a better AV reciever truth be told. This little Yamaha ain't cutting it. Any great buys on a less than unlimited budget?Thanks guys.

idratherhunt,

Howdy! So, you're looking for gear for watching movies? How about music? I ask because perhaps the Yamaha is fine for movies, but sucks at music (not an uncommon problem). In that case, maybe you could use a dedicated 2-channel amp?

The one day I park my car in the street...some ******* bashes the rear end of my car and takes off while I was out in my truck at a job. Ya, the bumper cover is not available anymore...did not find a single one in a junkyard in the entire county. Found one person in PA, but local pickup only. I was putting an ad in the paper to sell the car this week. I need drinks.

That really sucks Ace- Hope you find a replacement.

Fini - hope the back is better

Th -prayers for you and the wife

Wrestling with the phono preamp decision. Thinking hard about selling my Tercel 2 and buying a PS audio unit. I found one to day for 400 off list shipped. Everytime a used one pops up on Ag at a decent price somebody snaps it up immediately. Looking hard at the denon 103 cartridge again.

Sipping on a Newcastle trying to decide which CD to spin. Maybe some AL Green

Cheers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!