3 minutes to Miller Time

jacksonbart

Sorry TH- WInchester is about out of audio cash- til next check around mid july. I got just enough to finish my projects- then back to dreaming and waiting for the next round. Buying boxes sleeves for vinyl today with good advice- as always from the forum-still looking for some Traveling Wilburys vinyl- nothing on AG.- Take a 2nd out on your house and buy those Tannoys- We all will come over and listen.

Heading down to Cigarbums tomorrow for mods tunes and booze. Should be a good day

Ben -thought my beer habit was bad- ginger at 2.79 a pop- wow- had no idea

Ace- you are officially buying- make mine Jonny Walker Blue if you please

Fini- hope the back medicine is doing its thing. Had a flare up myself Mon/tuesday. Better now after some Pain killers and exercises. Gotta move some k horn stuff this weekend- I hope I dont get another flare up as a result.

Cheers gentlemen- a great weekend to all !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'll throw a pending on that round haha...should have a job...all the paperwork and tests should clear in the next week...let's pray I can climb a telephone pole old school style...should be my last obstacle. Took Karen out for a nice dinner though.....had a filet and lobster tail. She had a port sirloin with a port reduction and mushroom sauce...not too bad. Picked out the carpet for the basement...they are measuring on monday, then we will negotiate price...pad upgrade and 20 cents off a sq ft in cash will seal the deal on my end.

Winchester...I have Travelling Wilburys 1-3 on vinyl...original, but in excellent condition...not sure if they ever did MOFI or 1/2 speed, but they are good to have.

Cheers Gents, ACE

Tarheel - Saw some azalea belles doing the parade wave in front of Landfall for the garden tours today. Just enjoyed a grilled new york strip with baked potato and wilted spinach... yum.

Watched some awesom Masters golf action this afternoon and am now enjoying some bourbon and water and listening to some Allman Brothers.

Enjoy your evening gentlemen. I'll buy this round.

Carl

Just enjoyed a grilled new york strip with baked potato and wilted spinach... yum.

Sounds tasty chili bone. Gas or charcoal? You will have to stop by sometime. I am off Greenville Loop on Leeward Lane. The gray cedar house with carpenter bee holes on the facia[:@]

Martinis on the patio and just now came in to catch up on the Masters.....Phil just took the lead.

Cheers to the regulars and those just passing through[:)]

My k horns are no longer offically klipsch speakers= 2" trackhorns-clones- ALk universal- clones( I can'tt hear the diffference between the real ones and these cones- very well done. Then the monster 30 + pound each JBL 2440s. Also a new Crites set of 125 tweeters. very little klipsch left except the bass bins. I listened to my new motherboard hooked up to a set of his k horn bass bins running through a tube rolled Mac 275 tube amp ans a mac c 29 pre and it was pnenominal. The 2" trackhorns were more"open" - sounded much better at all voulme levels which really surprised me.

Listened to a wonderful set of double bass bins with a monster set of 2 " horns driven by a 2482 drivers with a jbl tweeter. Maybe the best set of speakers that I have ever heard to date.

back after a 2 day grind of driving and loading heavy suff in and out of my tahoe and doing what little that I could to help with the conversion on my K horn top section. looking at a evening of swapping out stuff and mounting those 30 lb monsters to my horns. Enjoying a couple of Model Especials with lim before getting started. cant wait th hear them on my stuff. 400 more miles and more money logged onto my audio addiction.

Thanks for the tip TH- I am on it.

Cheers gents- have a wonderful Sunday.

The 2" trackhorns-ALK universal(clones) with the monster JBL drivers are a mega mod. Definitely a holy--- OMG upgrade. Cold chills.

Only problem... now I want to enclose the backs of the K horns to step up the bass. Dont get me wrong- bass is fine. Just thinkingt of how it could be better to keep with up with these monster horns.

Dont let anybody blow smoke-------- on this mod. It is a 25 improvement on your system( or at least on mine) changing out the original stuff. If you are not into keeping everything Klipsch original- wood horns are the way to go. I may never listen to a metal horn again. I would expect the same on other heritage speakers. Cds become highly subjective as quality becomes a greater issue. Good vinyl is other- wordly. The 2 " trackhorns are unbelievable. If you have any notion to do this or anything close dont let anyone talk you out of it.

Sipping on a wonderful Spanish blend red. Listening to some Tab Beniot blues on Telark (great quality CD)

Cheers gents!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Only problem... now I want to enclose the backs of the K horns to step up the bass. Dont get me wrong- bass is fine. Just thinkingt of how it could be better to keep with up with these monster horns.

Oh I wish I had your problems. Enjoy your Spanish Red. I'm sipping on a very rare Super Big Gulp (2010) from 7 Eleven.

Just enjoyed a grilled new york strip with baked potato and wilted spinach... yum.

Sounds tasty chili bone. Gas or charcoal? You will have to stop by sometime. I am off Greenville Loop on Leeward Lane. The gray cedar house with carpenter bee holes on the faciaAngry

Gas grill used for the steaks. Those carpenter bees are a pain. We had problems with them at our old house. I do need to take you up on your offer. I'd like to hear your system sometime.

TH- I am pretty much done. All the bang for the buck stuff is there- From here- you get a small improvement for a lot of cash- point of diminishing returns. I am going to focus on cleaning my vinyl to see what I have and don't have- what I need to toss or keep.

Sorry about your battle with the bees. They totally defeated my efforts to save my cedar fence. I sprayed them with Terro and I think they just copped a buzz on the stuff and got the munchies. I hate the little buggers. May be time to call in some professional help

Stew and FIni- hope the meds are working

Ben- I actually saw a billboard for your Belhiem ginger ale on I -85 while going to get my top horns changed out in Ga this weekend. The place is Abbot farms near Gaffney SC. I tried to stop but they were closed on Sunday.

Hey! I haven't checked in in a while! I've been doing much better. Thank you for the continuing well-wished. I'm not certain the epidural had much effect, as I was improving anyway. I've been doing physical therapy for two weeks, and doing exercises at home (mostly stretching and working on core muscles). So far, so good. Looks like our crappy insurance won't cover much of all this (so I probably won't opt for a second epidural).

We have carpenter bees out here, too. I remember as a kid being kinda freaked out by how big they are. Of course other parts of the country have much larger insects to deal with. If it's any consolation, carpenter bees are excellent pollenators!

Win, sounds like you are "there" with your system. Good for you!! I would love to update my Khorns with Greg's full-out mods. Maybe I'll give the demo units a try.

TH - sorry to hear about the bees...we have been lucky here so far...just battling some ants that never seems to end.

Winchester - thank god you are happy with your system...I do not need to be any more jealous hearing about endless purchases haha...I just need an amp or two. I have a pair of CWs and a pair of Heresys that I have no amp for...nothing. Might pick up another panny or a couple t-amps for now.

fini - glad to hear you are feeling better...sorry to hear about the insurance though.

Been a busy week here...still some pending gestapo background checks going on...had to fight with the woman about some self employment conformation from 2003...think it was solved today though. Finished the laying the bar top today...needed one more hour to sand and I would be staining right now, but I was alone with my son tonight, so it will wait for tomorrow.

Carpet installers coming on thursday morning...I beat the 2 year mark...barely. I closed on my house on the 29th in 08, pulled the wet carpet out within an hour of closing on the house...finally it is dry and coming back. I kinda screwed up a mitre cut on my bar rail...I will have to creativly fix it, becuase at $10 a foot I am not buying another section haha...I built a jig, but it must have been off a bit, because the 45 has a gap on it...altough slight, when springing for wood that expensive, you want perfection. I moved 3 rooms of beds and computers by myself this morning...need to sand tomorrow and clean all the dust out of the basement before the carpet goes in...there will be a large round coming up though.

Got my 10 line draft trunk, waiting for insulation before I can fish it through the ceiling to the keg cooler in the garage...probably going to run one to the deck too. The basement will be livable probably just in time for me to leave for a month for the job training haha. The wife and son will enjoy it though.

Cheers! ACE

Just finishing my diet ginger ale (Big K, Kroger store brand) that I began with my very late supper or late night snack of corndogs and tortilla chips with cheese dip.

Also had some nice pork chops leftover from last night and some chicken and noodles from the day before in the Frigidaire but enough pork chops for anouther dinner and decided I wanted the chicken and noodles for lunch tomorrow... nothing like loading up on the "really healthy" food right before bed time. [+o(]

2nd diet ginger ale of the night as I had one right before leaving work (very late +- 9 PM)

Cheers gents [D]

Yikes Ben, that's a late workday! Thank God those days are behind me; but, I spent many a long day & night at work back in my military days. Right after 9-11 we went to a 12 on, 12 off work schedule. Being the only enlisted man in a department of officers--guess who got the 2000-0800 shift?

my eating them late meals are a thing of past for me--geez, i'm sounding old.

Now I really wish had a ginger ale on hand--sure sounds good. I'm finishing up a big gulp diet coke that i bought at dinner.

have a good night friends.

Steve

Steve,

Not near as bad as back in the day when the work day would extend to 2:30 or 3:00 AM or until the next work day. Haven't had any of those death marches.

One of the worst days a few years ago was when Jim our custodian stopped by my desk around 2:30 AM to tell me the police were out in the parking lot as some twit had slashed some tires on 3 vehicles. I got off easy. They only took out 1 on my minivan, 2 on a woman's car, and all 4 on a guy's pick up truck.... the "funniest" thing was I had just ahd my tires replaced on the way to work that morining (or previous morning) but they were not expensive tires.

It was a bitter cold winter night. Decided I'd just call my wife to come get me and deal with it in the morning as no AAA and I was finally about ready to go home.... Jim insisted that he give me a ride home. I haven't seen Jim in a while. We hired a different cleaning service a few months after that and saw him working at Menard's a couple of times after that. Maybe he's retired and kicked back takin' it easy.

I HAVE CARPET!!! Sorry, that recquired some caps haha...bar almost done too...poly and the epoxy coating and trim (well and the beer lines, but that will probably be a couple weeks for sure). The heresy's are coming out of storage tomorrow. The carpet actually quieted the basement so much my B&Ws are not cutting it anymore....insane. Drinks all around...even that expensive ginger ale haha!

ACE

A couple of Blenheim's then. One for me and one for Alea our daughter. She leaves the stuff. .....

(uhhh, don/t tell Fini as he'll want to cut me off as I've been hitting the diet ginger ale pretty heavily lately)

No diet with the Blenheims. Loses way too much of the flavor in the diet variation.

p.s. Gregg - in case word gets out - it take sme all night to polish of a bottle of Blenheim. So it's only 1 bottle as opposed to 2 or 3 of the dain bramiging diet ginger ale.

Congrats ont he new carpet, bar, and getting closer to your beer lines. You know once that's finished it may be hard to get people to leave.