3 minutes to Miller Time

jacksonbart

Sipping on a cold Modelo Especial after a day of great cigars. Got 200 albums to clean this weekend and dreading it.

trying to decide what to eat tonite-which tunes to play.

Cheers to all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Found a new to me retaurant last night.....Terazzo Tratoria near Wrightsville Beach. Very good and reasonable. Had some excellent chianti, flounder picatta, and a lemon filled philo dough for dessert. Bien!

Other news......bought a BlueBerry Extreme with Cream and the super tube 6h30 from a fellow forum member. Hope to send my QS Full Function Preamp to Craig for some souping up and then decide which one to keep. I have read almost everything about the BlueBerry and it all sounds good. Especially enjoyed the 6moons.com review. Another addicted gear head.

Winchester....you are going to need a gallon of record cleaner for your project!

Hope everyone is well. Cheers!

TH - well look at you!!!!!! I am now officially off the hook as gear junkie of the week. Like tiger said to Jessie James- thanks for taking the heat off me- lets do lunch[:D]

All kidding aside- GREAT SCORE. Congrats- I cannot wait to hear your comments and reviews. you will find nothing but rave reviews for the BB XT. It was my pre of choice but Mark would not build me one. I came in late with my Peach purchase- had to settle for a Peach 2 for more that you paid for the BBXT. It will be very interesting to see what happens when you have both the QS and the BBXT. Kinda like picking between 2 10s. One blonde and the other a brunette. Do we see a set of VRDs in your future??? They sound soooo gooodddd with the peach/bbxt preamps[6]

Great Mex food tonite with cold Dos Equios dark draft. Service really sucked- language barrier- but the food was authenic- spicy-and the beer was cold.

Cheers and a good evening to all

Had some really good Mexican food tonight from one of our favorite local restaurants. Pretty cheap too. $21.xx for 3 of us but only 1 iced tea and 2 waters to drink.

Drinking my usual diet ginger ale. Mets at Cardinals on the TV as the pickings are really slim.... bottom of the 18th. 0-0. You'd think being professional baseball players somebody would've scored by now. I almost feel bad for the St Louis catcher going 18 inning so far (2 game).

It's more of a comedy now.... the pitcher gets a hit and the ball is overthrown so he jogs into 2nd and gets tagged out - a nice easy slide and it'd been a runner in scoring position. Not to mention the crazy double play before that.

Nice buy on the BBXT Chuck. No personal experience but really awesome pre-amp from everything I've read.

Still scoreless in the bottom of the 18th.... but the Mets do own the record for must runs scored in the 19th having scored 5 in the 19th innning one time. The things they dig up in waaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyy too many extra innnings.

Avacodo is the fruit of the gods- We stopped off and bought a nice ripe one tonite on the way home.

All of the Mexican eateries around here have started charging like 1.75-2.50 extra for Guacamole on the side or in the dishes. Wt%???????

I break down and buy it anyway because I love the stuff but it still makes me mad. A decent mex dinner for 3 runs about 40 bucks not counting beer or tip around here. Couple of cervesas and a decent tip - you are looking at 60 bucks.

Whew.... the Cardinals fall to the Mets 1 - 2 in 20 innings. The Cardinals may have gotten screwed though as there was a questionable tag at second that looked like the Cardinal base runner was safe but the tag may have looked to be in time from the umpire's angel.

In about the 18th inning they said there was supposed to be a high school game afterwards and that as far the announcers knew they were still waiting.

6 hrs and 53 minutes.

Recently I have preferred good authentic Mexican Food over good authentic Italian food. The Avacado is heaven sent.

Very interesting thread...

Authentic Mexican food on Pluto? lol

Tex-Mex is one avenue for satisfying your pallet. Cigars are optional, but not prohibited.

DSC_0545.jpg Z Z TOP picture by Boxx44

Compliments of Z Z TOP

th_DSC_0546.jpg

Boxx.... good to see you here at the bar. Put your drink on my tab. Vodka martinis on the patio on a perfect Carolina day. 80 GG Gerbing azaleas blooming in all there glory. Marinating two filets for dinner.

Yeah JB isn't Mexico a bit far from Pluto.....oh I forgot....takeout!

Ben....20 innings....you have patience!

Cheers guys!

Perfect Carolina day indeed- kenney wayne sheppard blasting thru the modded horns and tubes at 110 db according to the nifty radio shack meter I bought a while back. On my 3rd kettle and tonic and feeling mighty fine. A weekend of Audio hell. Cleaning records. Correcting shortcuts in wiring and moving components around to accomidate TT placement and and phono pre leads to avoid using exrta RCA interconnects. 3 huge Porterhouse steaks marinating form Fresh Market. Munching out on shrimp and smoked salmon apps.Decanting a nice Tuscan cab to swill doown with the steaks.

Enjoying the last few hours before returning to hell(work).

Enjoy!!!!!!!!!! Cheers to all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Boxx.... good to see you here at the bar. Put your drink on my tab. Vodka martinis on the patio on a perfect Carolina day. 80 GG Gerbing azaleas blooming in all there glory. Marinating two filets for dinner.

Yeah JB isn't Mexico a bit far from Pluto.....oh I forgot....takeout!

Cheers guys!

Hey, it's good to be here. Be careful, I'll run up your tab!

Not really. We tuned in I think in the 16th inning and it seemed like one team or the other would make a good play or do something kind of bonheaded like the relatively easy double where the base runner was tagged out when he came in standing up when there would have been no chance to tag him if he had slid. Or the guy trying to score from 3rd but had to return and couldn't as the base runner behind him had already taken 3rd to complete a really odd dobule play.

We're not really baseball fans but there was nothing else on as we only have the over the air stations.

My usual Big K diet ginger ale washing down some amazing roast pork with apple butter glaze and mashed potatoes our daughters made for difference. Only problem was it was a pork "picnic" that was 1/2 bone and they didn't fix enough. No leftovers.

Cheers everyone, I am heading out to Ft. Wayne on Sunday for job training. Basement is looking sweet...still lots of trim and stuff, but getting there. Bad mid in my heresy...should be an easy fix...they are probably the prettiest factory heresys I have ever seen...'77 Decorators with laser logos and walnut stained birch from the factory...a rare combo. Have one on me...I am trying to break in my new boots...I have not had to wear steel toes in a few years...forgot how heavy there were haha. ACE

I am defeated by the 5 boxes of records. I cleaned up the ones that I will potentially listen to and decided to procrastinate on the rest. The mess was in the middle of the kitchen table. The wife was getting p i s s e d . The VPI 16.1 is a great piece of equipment- does what it says- quite well. My old vinyl is sounding pretty good. The plan is to have a TT for the less than perfect records- the Yamaha PX2 with the Grado- and the TD 125 for the new 180 gram stuff.

Sipping on a Knob creek and mineral water- NICE

hey TH - Where is the BBXT???? We want to hear reviews.

ACE- now you are buying buddy- Mr Verizion

Fini- Steve- Ben and the ones passing thru- Cheers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!