3 minutes to Miller Time

jacksonbart

Any self-respecting beer lover would agree that the mere possession of a coors is a crime of epic proportion.

OldBuckster, i always see you mentioning rolling rock, and i've never tried one. i think i will give one a whirl. personally, i give a nod to our forum brothers to the north--i love canadian beer, especially moosehead; but, i'll take a molson golden too.

tonight, i stopped at a liquor store on my way home from work (i only have two mooseheads left in the fridge) forgot that the store stopped carrying the moose, so i ended up with some heinekens.

i lift this cold one in honor of my klipsch forum friends.

here's to you my friends.

Hey Buck, wasn't it illegal to transport Coors across the mississippi back in the 70's and early 80's?

The way I remember it, and I am by no means an authority, was that Coors required their product be delivered chilled, and that their delivery area (for whatever reason - perhaps they had not yet allowed other regional processing plants) was limited to west of the Mississippi. I don't think it was illegal, just not authorized by Coors...

What I do remember is that, back in the day, when we were about to head back east we would often stop and pick some up if for nothing else then for friends for whom Coors had an exotic rep due to its scarcity in the east.

What was funny was that when we would pick some up, the response was "oh, tourists", as the local establishments were drinking other beer than Coors and they spoke of Coors like a 2nd tier beer

...and now the way i hear it, the Dallas area is the largest market for Coors light and blond hair dye (oh well!) - thank goodness there are so many locally and regionally brewed alternative beers that dominate establishment...And if you just can't find a beer you like, there is always the Flying Saucer in Fort Worth with some 50 quadrillion (give or take 2 or 3) brands of beer on tap...

But, while all can yell, ice cold Coors light isn't that bad if you simply want a very light watery beer that is not filling when it is hot as heck outside.

But when you want a better more flavorful, fuller bodied beer - something more 'ale like' - Coors is definitely not the beer for you!

I know some of you folks have some pretty strong opinions, but what do you folks think of Czech beer? I frankly don't know much, but over the years I have heard quite a few favorable references to it...especially their Pilsners.

So many fine beers, its nice to hear suggestions and recommendations to try!

I think Coors is still shipped chilled, this is my understanding on this, They brew a concentrated batch of Coors, put it in chilled storage tank Railroad cars, ship it to their breweries in the East, where the final water is added, thus local brewing .................... It doesn't leave Colorado as finished product, not for the East Coast anyway ................ I'll drink it, I refuse to buy it because of the Union issue, just a personal thing, 20+ years of working for a Union I guess ............. I know what it's like to Strike, walk a pickett line in the snow, ice, and rain, and have a New Baby at home .....

I think Coors is still shipped chilled, this is my understanding on this, They brew a concentrated batch of Coors, put it in chilled storage tank Railroad cars, ship it to their breweries in the East, where the final water is added, thus local brewing .................... It doesn't leave Colorado as finished product, not for the East Coast anyway ................ I'll drink it, I refuse to buy it because of the Union issue, just a personal thing, 20+ years of working for a Union I guess ............. I know what it's like to Strike, walk a pickett line in the snow, ice, and rain, and have a New Baby at home .....

well it comes to the store at whatever the temperature is outside +20 degrees if its in the sun during the summer

I believe the chilling only has to do with the Brewing, and the transportation of the Concentrate ....... catch here is, They are not lying when they say, Brewed with Mountain Water, or whatever water they use, because they do brew the Concentrate from that water, and the rest of the water is added at local brewery, pretty smart idea really ........

mas:"

I know some of you folks have some pretty strong opinions, but what do you folks think of Czech beer? I frankly don't know much, but over the years I have heard quite a few favorable references to it...especially their Pilsners."

Mas, the Czech's invented pilsner style beer I believe. They are very good. The original Budweiser, called Budweiser Budvar is a czech original from which the name was taken by Anheiser Busch. There has been a lot of legal wrangling over the years over the name and not too long ago I thhink A/B bought the rights to market and distribute the czech beer in the US. I don't see it much around which leads me to believe they bought it to squelch it. It is pretty easy to find in England though.

I've actually had that beer (Budvar). There is a shop about 60 miles from where I live that has hard to find styles and beers as well as wine and cheese. I usually go there and buy 5 or 6 different brews but I have bought that one on several trips there. Personally I really liked it. Now you have made me want some. I may have to make a trip this weekend and pick some up.

Today's crop...

From the Charles Wells Brewery (founded in 1876, is the UK's largest independent brewer) - "Bombardier"; a soft ale with almost a creamy vanilla taste, but still bitter.

De Musketiers Brewey in Ursel, Belgium - Troubadour Obscura ( good mild "stout")

From Mark Ruedrich's North Coast Brewery in Fort Bragg, CA - "Red Seal Ale".

Boy oh boy, tough week on the forum, alot of spats here and there, needless, but most are ...... What kind of SWAMP WATER tonight? Let's see, 2 Rolling Rocks, nah, a 24 Pack of LaBatt's Blue, Dukesters beer, he'll never come and have one, so maybe it's time to drink those, been in the garage, nice and cold ............................ YUP, that's it, Blue Swamp Water, ahhhh ....... burp,burp ....... Snow, Freezin' Rain, more Snow ......