3 minutes to Miller Time

jacksonbart

Hey Ben, i went into a beverage store this afternoon, and found some of that Blenheim's ginger ale--VERY good--I love it.

Steve - glad you like the Blenheim's. It's pretty strong stuff for ginger ale. They make a weaker version but I've never had that just the regular and regular diet - as with most diet sodas the regular is better but more so in this case I think. We'll have to find a store around here that carries it as the only place we know of is Some Guys Pizza down in Indianapolis (~ 1 hour away) where it's $2.79 a bottle. Alea can't get enough. I would like some every now and then. One bottle lasts qiute a while as I can't drink it fast nor would want to.

Just some sweetened blackened (decaf) tea this evening. With sugar. I tried a couple of batches with honey. Way too much honey in the fist. I'll have to experiment with that as while I don't like it as well as the sugar it's probably a lot healthier and I'm not so sure the sugar isn't better for me as long as I don't become diabetic (I'm surprised I'm not with family history) than the artificial sweeteners. Spleand's not too bad. I've hread Truvia is pretty good and probably can't be too dangereous as it's supposed to be a ground up leaf of some plant.

Hope everyone is doing well.

Yesterday we went winetasting (and barrel tasting) in the Dry Creek Valley, IMHO the place where the best zins are grown. It was a cold, drizzly/rainy day which I'm sure kept a lot of folks home, which was good for us (smaller crowds). These events seem to be getting more and more popular. We got to visit (for me, the first time) "Zinfandel Mecca", A. Rafanelli Winery. We barrel-tasted the '09 zin and cab (the zin was my favorite of the day), then moved on tho the current releases, the '08s. I bought an '08 zin for $34 and came home happy.

Hey Ben, i went into a beverage store this afternoon, and found some of that Blenheim's ginger ale--VERY good--I love it.

Steve - glad you like the Blenheim's. It's pretty strong stuff for ginger ale. They make a weaker version but I've never had that just the regular and regular diet - as with most diet sodas the regular is better but more so in this case I think. We'll have to find a store around here that carries it as the only place we know of is Some Guys Pizza down in Indianapolis (~ 1 hour away) where it's $2.79 a bottle. Alea can't get enough. I would like some every now and then. One bottle lasts qiute a while as I can't drink it fast nor would want to.

Just some sweetened blackened (decaf) tea this evening. With sugar. I tried a couple of batches with honey. Way too much honey in the fist. I'll have to experiment with that as while I don't like it as well as the sugar it's probably a lot healthier and I'm not so sure the sugar isn't better for me as long as I don't become diabetic (I'm surprised I'm not with family history) than the artificial sweeteners. Spleand's not too bad. I've hread Truvia is pretty good and probably can't be too dangereous as it's supposed to be a ground up leaf of some plant.

Hope everyone is doing well.

Steve. I feel like such a wimp... Alea had to visit her audiologist in Indianapolis last week so we cruised over to get her a bottle of Blenheim to go and they bring us the gold cap. #5 Not as Hot. The gold cap which is the "weak" version. [:$] The guy at the counter says they have ordered the original #3 pink cap for people but have only served the "weak" gold cap version in the restaurant. Good God. And we thought that was hot! [:o] I tried the diet once and you really want the sugar flavor wise but I'm sure it's closer to the #3. I didn't think to ask about that but it didn't seem hotter than the regular just didn't tast near as good.

Of course now we'll have to order some tjust to find out. Sounds like they'll sell by the case for about what I can order. About an hour away, maybe a bit more, but then I wouldn't have to worry about the Oops man tossing and running as there would be someone there to receive it or refuse it if they would drop it and break a few bottles. So we'll probably order a case of the wimpy stuff and a six pack of the original HOT...

So what color was the cap on your Blanheim?

Old #3 HOT (Pink cap)?

BLENHEIM-HOT-gingerAle-b1.jpg

Or the still kick your arse #5 Not as Hot (gold cap)?

BLENHEIM-MED-gingerAle-bb1.jpg

Or the #9 Diet (White Cap). Which I assumed was just a diet version of the same stuff when I got it at Some Guys. The real thing has much better flavor.

They also made a #11 Ginger Beer at one time according to the Blenheim Shrine but don't see it listed at the Blenheim site.

Hi Ben,

The place i went to called BevMo, only had the pink cap. i think it was $1.79 a bottle. i like it, couple of times, i think i inhaled some of the fumes as i brought the bottle to my mouth and it made me cough. But, i love the stuff--thanks for the tip. hope the family is well.

Hi Ben,
The place i went to called BevMo, only had the pink cap. i think it was $1.79 a bottle. i like it, couple of times, i think i inhaled some of the fumes as i brought the bottle to my mouth and it made me cough. But, i love the stuff--thanks for the tip. hope the family is well.

Hey Steve. The pink is the OLD #3 HOT. We've had the #5 NOT SO HOT and I've tried the #9 DIET. Pass on the diet. The regular is sooooo much better.

$1.79 is a pretty good price. The pizza place we've gotten it from (Some Guys right around the corner from the House of Klipsch / Roadie's) charges $2.79 and has the #5 and diet so $3 a pop with tax. The guy there did say they would order the #3 if we want and said a case cost them about $30 so would sell for $35. Some on-line places want $2.50 a bottle and even $2 a bottle plus shipping. It's $24 a case direct from the factory and $17.41 or something for shipping to Kokotucky so I'll be ordering a case and maybe then some from Some Guys. If they will sell it for $35 a pop I might not be able to get it for that and it is at least an hour drive but then somebody's there to refuse it if the shipping goons drop it and break a few bottles. And would also not leave sit in the hot sun. And we do get to Indy every now and then anyway. Maybe a case of #5 and a 6 pack of #3?

Found a recipe on the Blenheim website for Paula Dean's Lime Sherbet punch amped up with Blenheim replacing regular ginger ale. Might make a good wedding cake punch? Alea our youngest daughter and my wife are planning to make my brothers Fruit Juicy Red Hawaiin Punh, Pineapple Juice, ginger ale, 7 Up orange sherbet punch for our daughter's wedding shower our Alea as maid of honor is putting on with her matron of honor and other bridesmaids ok mostly Alea and Kelsey her matron of honor (ie dear old dad's checkbbook as Alea's 16 and no real funds) so she may want to try that in Mikes punch. Or try the lime. Mike's is sickingly sweet but it does taste good and he makes it every New Year's Eve. Actually one of our lifelong friends usually makes it. I'm not sure what all is in the lime sherbet but did notice pineapple juice. So probably similar. The green would go pretty well with marine and silver color scheme..... Hmmmm pineapple juice and lime sherbet it wouldn't take too much blue to get pretty close to the marine brides maid dresses. I've already promised Alea we'd order her some in time for the wedding as she's underage and may not be allowed any champagne (if we get any) or wine for the toast as she can't have it with her meds and the reception hall watches that pretty close to avoid any situations that could endanger their liquor license. Alea of course is also thinking giving the best man or other grooms men a glass of Blenheim and telling them "Hey! Chug this!" after they've had a few too many. That's my girl. [:D]

Time to take my muscle relaxers and hit the rack for my 2 or 3 good hours of sleep. It's been awhile since I've not woken up way too early. A couple of times after being up way too late and getting to bed say 6 AM and thinking, it's gotta be 1, or noon, or at least 11. No. Something crazy like 8:15 AM. Auuuuuuuuggggggggh. Time to go back to doctor. Or sleep doctor. Or happy pill doctor. But they all will want to add more pills to my pile 'o pills which is probalby part of the problem. The muscle relaxer is relatively new and these work better than any sleeping pills I've tried in the last few years.

Just a diet store brand (Kroger) ginger ale to wash down my corn dogs for a late supper tonight. With all the recent bad press that the artificially sweetened diet soda being bad for your heart, and worse for your teeth than the regular, even diet Mt Dew, as they add citric acid to many diet sodas including at least diet Mt Dew and diet ginger ale. Dentist and hygenist both said the diet Mt Dew rots your teeth faster than the regular.

I've started to drink tea with honey. Love sweet tea but really don't need all that much sugar. Figure I'd cut back on soda and maybe enjoy a Blenheim every now and then.

Durn fire water burns worse than some alcoholic concactions I've tried such as Gorg aka Snowshoe (a blend of Schnapps and Brandy - don't remember the proportion --- just think a bunch of drunken middle aged men (not me though I did try it) drinking a few few beers and too much of this while out "hunting" Christmas trees. Usually one or tow would be cut by the people still coherent enough to do so. Then ending up in a pre cut lot accross form a small town Police or Marshall station where most of the trees would be purchased. Where said middle aged men (this has been many years ago now) would pants one another and relieve themselves. Yep. Alcohol makes ya stupid but it was a lot of fun.

Happy friday to my bar buds. Haven't been here in awhile and just now passing through. I miss the comraderie and hearing what you all have been up to so I'll try to drop in enough to keep my bar stool reserved.

It was 78 degrees here today and the pollen is as thick as JB's tongue on monday mornings.

Hope everyone is well. Talk soon.

Chuck

Hey Chuck, your barstool is always saved--ben stood a vigilant watch guarding it (he let me help sometimes). You've been missed, that's for sure. Come back when you can. we're still the same old rotten bunch that we were before; but, come back anyway. Steve

• 3 weeks later...

Haven't been here in awhile and just now passing through. I miss the comraderie and hearing what you all have been up to so I'll try to drop in enough to keep my bar stool reserved.

Like Steve said, your bar stool is always waiting. Been reallly quiet in here lately. Just the usual diet ginger ale here. Hope everyone is doing well.

Haven't been here in awhile and just now passing through. I miss the comraderie and hearing what you all have been up to so I'll try to drop in enough to keep my bar stool reserved.

Like Steve said, your bar stool is always waiting. Been reallly quiet in here lately. Just the usual diet ginger ale here. Hope everyone is doing well.

If you want I think Fini will push your stool in.

If you want I think Fini will push your stool in.

I'm trying to get established making furniture for bars. Still spreading the word, I've been leaving stool samples all over the place.