3 minutes to Miller Time

jacksonbart

Hey everyone...anyone,

just popped in to say Hi. Just had a V8 with lemon and tabasco. Now it's time to listen to some music. By the way, i fully endorse the ImageOne headphones. Love them.

had free tickets to a Los Angeles Clippers basketball game last night. was going to turn them down; but, forced myself to do something other than come home from work and listen to music. Had a good time. Ran into Norm MacDonald (actor/comedian, was part of Saturday Night Live years ago). he was the only celebrity that i saw there last night. I'm actually a Laker fan; but, free Laker tickets are hard to come by. Take care everyone. Steve

Norm Mcdonald was funny as hell -wonder what happened to him- never see him anymore- some of his later stuff kinda reminded me of Dennis Miller

The tuscan dinner thrusday night was awesome. I love italian food in general but most of the stuff around here takes like Chef Boyardee out of a can. Happy to find this place- afraid that I will be spending some cash there- Ifyou are ever in Charlotte- check out Toscano near the Southpark area.

Anybody heard from Chuck?

As Holidays, we get off Christmas Eve and New Years Eve and Monday January 3rd. But the new employer (having acquired the former) decided last year and this year that we all would take vacation at the end of the year as they think they're going to save a lot of $ due to reduced heating and lighting costs. Never mind that many of our clients are working. 6 days this year but I had a couple of more days left so took off next Monday and Tuesday as well.

Good thing. Had my yearly review. Same old BS. I do more and work for less since joining the new company... enough ranting. I'm going to enjoy the Holidays.

One note of good news, one of our (internal) clients is stopping in town on a personal trip and taking us to lunch at the local Chili's.

One thing I find interesting is that after well over a year with the new company, I get a mug and stress ball (and a little plastic box with 2 bandaids and 2 small foils of SPF30) in the gift exchange at work.... didn't even get a pencil or 39 cent pen with the new company logo when they acquired us. Says a lot, doesn't it? Actually a nice mug, though I'm not sure I'm going to drink out of it.... just to be safe and God knows I can use the stress ball.

Hopefullly we can scrape together enough coin to make our annual Holiday trip to my wife's father's in Florida. Our oldest daughter only get Christmas Day off and maybe New Years day so she and her fiancee won't be able to go so it won't be as much fun as usual but I can really use some beach time.

The +- 2200 mile round trip isn't much fun to drive as we leave from my wife's mother's Christmas morning and go viisit my brother New Years Eve an 1-1/2 north of where we live. Getting too old to go without stopping for the night though we did last summer when our oldest daughter and her fiancee went with but only on the way down as they flew back as they both had to be back to work soon. I still got the early morning sunrise shift but was fine as I was able to crash the late PM to early hours. Twenty sometings! I could go all night when I was twenty something. Even thirty something. But not so much after I passed 40.

Thanks for all the birthday wishes everyone. Winding down the night with some decaf sweetened blackened tea. Just finished listening to a CD from a local band that one of their fans recorded with a small handheld digital recorder this past fall (September). A lot of fun and cool stuff. Beatles. Zeppelin. Sugarloaf. Aerosmith. Deep Purple. Rush.

Gotta get to bed. Men's breakfast at church tomorrow, uh later this, morning.

Our monthly celebration of the pig. Sausage gravy and biscuits. Sausage links. Sausage patties (last month I think). Bacon. A few scrambled eggs. OJ. Coffee. Some sort of rolls or coffeecake (why, wiith Bacon and other pork?). I guess in case anyone brings any Jewish friends?

Somebody invited the women [:o] but somebody else commented to do dishes. Another comment was "I ain't doin' no dishes" so will the ladies invade?

Probably eat all the bacon or won't let their husbands or father's eat any bacon. That's OK. More for me. [:D] Dawn and Alea are sleeping in though they will come at 9AM for bell practice. Usually before church but we had to get the Christmas music ready last week and too many bell "choir" members missing.

Tomorrow I'm following the Atkins diet. I'm not so sure that he wasn't right in that it's probably the simple carbs, sugar, bleached white flour, sugar, bleached white rice, sugar, etc that's what's really killing us.

Have a GREAT WEEKEND everyone.

Happy BD Ben. Hope it was a good one.

hope everybody is OK

Ordering last minute Christmas gifts online

Finally got my ZU modded Denon 103R cart. Will have the cash in early Jan to have my TT refirbished and the 103r mounted. This will be a 10 month wait for that little item .Anxious to listen.

The bar around the corner has Dales Pale Ale for 2.50 on draft. Maybe head out for a dratf and a burger.

Cheers

My birthday was good. Nothing exciting really. Dinner out with Dawn and both girls the Friday before, Elyse and her fiancee were coming over Monday evening on my birthday but the weather was bad so just Dawn, Alea, and myself.

Finishing off a diet IBC root beer. We finally put the lights on the Christmas tree (procrastination...) and most of the ornaments.

Cheers to all.

Had a nice Christmas eve dinner cooked by yours truly. shrimp marinated in olive oil- minced fresh garlic -sea salt - ground pepper- with a little Tony Sacherie cajun seasoning sprinkled over rht shrimp cooked fast in a medium heat chef's pan- served over pasta- easy recipie- great results

Washed down with a cooler full of Heiniken

Merry christmas to every at the bar

Hope 2011 is better than 2010- am ready for this one to be over.

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...

Found a place in SC that sells reject- missing one leg- Kornish game hens for a buck apiece- cooked a batch for Christmas dinner yesterday- absolutely killer

Are those the ones raised next to the nuclear power plant?

Big Stew, I was cooking dinner for friends last night. Great recipe for salmon (or in this case, steelhead): Salt, pepper, garlic powder, sour cream, fresh dill and lemon juice on the fillet (or steaks, what have you). Wrap in foil (kind of a tent), and grill on a hot fire for 11 minutes. Ooh, yum! Brown & wild rice mixed with sauteed peppers, steamed snap peas. Served with a nice Gary Farrell Sauv. Blanc.

C\;^) <|;^B~