3 minutes to Miller Time

jacksonbart

Checking in after a busy couple of weeks, Audio wise- seting up my Thorens 125/ Denon 103 R without ZU mods- no parts available- pissed off cowboy about that. selling Cornies - buying Maxed out Belles- upgrading Lascallas with ALK crossovers/ wood horns/JBL drivers. The K horns now drown the others out. Upgrade domino effect.looking for a second RSW 15 sub. looking for tubes to upgrade VRDs(small tubes) Peach 2- Jolida. Hoping to find teles and or mullards.

Looking at buying and flipping a Patex Phillipe watch- ref 5120 J -in case anybody is into those. trying to buy a 20 ga Perazzi MX 20 game gun to match my 12 ga.

Wheeling and dealing to raise caash for audio upgrades and the Perazzi.

Hope everybody is healthy or on the mend here. Drinking lots of wine from my long term storage cellar. 97 calf cabs and Aussies for4m 2001 and 2002- awesome. ots of beer in this sweltering heat.

Ben- saw Beinhiem ginger in the beer store yesterday- holy crap- stuff is expensive- do you drink the stuff warm or ice cold? may have to give it a go.

Cheers everybody- keep my seat in the bar.

Ben- saw Beinhiem ginger in the beer store yesterday- holy crap- stuff is expensive- do you drink the stuff warm or ice cold? may have to give it a go.

The Blenheim's is expensive especially for soda. Our youngest daughter loves it. I've not had it very much but drink it ice cold and on ice to mellow it out a bit. Strongest non-alcoholic drink I've had and not so sure I've had any adult beverage as strong, maybe some Grog / Snowshoe many years ago.... (I part brandy and 3 parts schnapps or is it the other way around?). It was quite a surprise when we first ordered ginger ale at Some Guy's pizza in Indianapolis near the House of Klipsch and the waitress brings out a bottle of fire water. It tastes good but you really don't want to drink it fast.

Hope everybody is hanging in there.

Really interested- not joking- what do you eat with the stuff if anything? Is it suitable for a mixed drink with burbon. Might be something worth keeping around for a change. The flat was just about empty so people must like the stuff. For sale in a wine store- 6 or 8 dollars a 6 pack or maybe a 4 pack- I was in ahurry and did not have time to look closely.

In 3 minutes it will be Miller Time here. On vacation, so its Gentleman Jack tonight, with lots of great LP's on the playlist.

My best to all.... I'll hold a seat for anyone that can put up with my cigar.

Happy vacation Boxx!

A Belvedere martini with jalapeno stuffed olives to combat the dreadful humidity. Stocked up on fresh veggies at a roadside stand to go with chicken on the grill.

Where are the regulars? Ben, Stew, Chilibone, winchester, Ace, fini?

Cheers gents. Anyone watching the British Open?

Trying to stay cool? Dinner tonght was very simple, turkey burgers and mac and cheese, with a diet ginger ale. Sippin' on water now from my 52 oz Bubba Keg mug.

Haven't seen any of this British Open. We don't watch a whole lot of golf just once in a while whern there's nothing that the family thinks is better. I've been reading about it a bit in the paper and sounds like the weather has been overly docile to welcome to St Andrews - all in the same day. I suspect some very interesting shots when the wind is strong.

Cheers all.

It's a cool 101 in our part of Texas today and will be again tomorrow. Cold cerveza is in order for this evening, with the pool ready to go.

My best to all... Come on over for a dip, whenever you are ready.

A beer or two at bluesboy's place. Listend to the Tom Petty CD "Mojo". Very good soundng CD. Now home having a Belvedere martini listening to a CD compilation on my amazing 37 year old Teac RTR. Serviced once in all those years. Why aren't things built that way now days. Heck the VU meter bulbs lasted 32 years! Demagnitized bluesboys two decks and cleaned the heads.....should be good for a few more years...

Cheers gents!

The corns are gone to sharkdriver- really nice guy- typical forum member. Jonesing to pick up the modded Belles. In a long narrow listening room like this one 7.1 kicks the crap out of 5.1. Going from 7 to 5 speakers aint cutting it.

I found some mint- I mean as new petty vinyl in my stuff about a month ago- hard promises and damn the torpedos- maybe another. Absolute perfection on the Yamaha PX-2 with the Grado. Gotta get my tech over here and set up the thorens ASAP.

Drinking a chechovar pilsner beer as we speak- my last one- may have to ride down to Dean and delucas for a high seas uber pils.

If anybody is into watches I have a beautiful Patek plillipe for sale. I am picking up a black stainless Daytona tomorrow. may sell - may keep.

It is hot as 40 hells here and going to get worse- 98 by Wed. Stay cool- drink lots of fluids- (cold beer)

Hey TH- Hope the wife is doing better

Cheers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tardy as usual, hope all is well with my bar buddies. Been busy at work...still getting settled in...going on my first 13 consecutive day span...I am never home anymore haha. The cornwalls look nice sitting dormant. Things are going ok though...having a couple beers and heading out to buffalo wild wings to get some carry out. Refinancing the house right now...trying to squeeze an hour out of my week to close on it. $34K over what I paid for it and I am taking no cash out...lower rate, lower payment and a higher paying job...now I just want time to enjoy life. Take care all, ACE

PS...I finally saved my 7500 Miller High Life point...25 cases...my "High Life Delivery Guy" shirt is on it's way...now back to Shiner soon haha!

Been into some serious buying selling trading lately. Flipped a bunch of stuff over the week. Estate sale items and some Swarovski optics. Ended up with a nice Swarovski laser range finder and a Rolex daytona- Stainless with a black dial. Really cool watch. beileve I will keep this one. Gotta sell the Patek Phillipe

Drinking through my 1997 california cabs from my storage locker. Wonderfull stuff.

Check out the beer research thread- funny stuff and lots of good brew info.

Sat Morning - sneaking in a Belevedere and OJ- buying some cheap clothes on e- bay to wear in the warehouse at work- stuff gets ruined on a regular basis. I am throwing out all of my dress pants from the weight loss today along with my Tony bahama casual stuff. there is gonna be some well dressed bum running around charlotte soon picking up chicks from under the bridges on my nicklel[:D] This is awfull.Hot as 70 hells here- near the 100 mark- heat index 105+

Work continues to be hell. We hired another salesman. Hope he can take up some of the slack.

Cheers to all the bar buds- Hope everybody is healthy

Cheers

Cheers

Need some of those well wishes here. My wife, Julia, had a heart attack on July 6 and will be going to Duke Monday for a heart catherization and possibly surgery. The down side is that the dye they use for the catherization is toxic to the kidney and her kidney is functioning at 13%. Life for the two of us has been in a holding position for the last three weeks. Prayers, crossed fingers, or whatever you do to wish others well....please do it.

Hope I will be able to post next weekend that everything is fine and we made it through in the best possible shape. Till then.....cheers gentlemen.

Cheers

Need some of those well wishes here. My wife, Julia, had a heart attack on July 6 and will be going to Duke Monday for a heart catherization and possibly surgery. The down side is that the dye they use for the catherization is toxic to the kidney and her kidney is functioning at 13%. Life for the two of us has been in a holding position for the last three weeks. Prayers, crossed fingers, or whatever you do to wish others well....please do it.

Hope I will be able to post next weekend that everything is fine and we made it through in the best possible shape. Till then.....cheers gentlemen.

From a Teasipper to a Tarheel, my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family

Chuck that is horrible news. this is the first that i've read about this--i hope by now, things are greatly improved. I wish i was closer and not on the other side of the country, so i could give you some moral support as you go through this. But, i will definitely be praying for Julia and you. Regards, Steve

Cheers

Chuck,

That is terrible news. You and Julia are in my thoughts and prayers that she may pull through this and her health improves. We're thinking and praying for Julia, you, and your family. In my thoughts and prayers.

Ben