3 minutes to Miller Time

jacksonbart

Thanks guys. Typing from the cardiac care waiting room at Duke. The triple bypass and mitral valve repair went well. The surgeon finished up at 8pm and I saw Julia at 9:30.Today she is in a recliner and has walked a few steps with a walker. The kidney has suffered no damage so far and we are optimistic about a good outcome.

Hope everyone is well and again thanks for the kind words.

Great news, Chuck!! The other day I told my oldest daughter about Julia's operation. She's the one in our family with a working relationship with God [;)], so I requested prayers for Julia and you. Me, I tried to channel good energy your way (geeze, I sound like an old hippie...). Best of luck again from here on out!

Gregg - Glad to hear your mother-in-law's doing well. Thoughts and prayers that her radiation went well and goes well.

Ben (and you all), thanks so much for the kind words of support. Week 1 went by well. Everyone in the family is helping with transportation, and I think Daisy is enjoying the company! The only hitch so far is that the doctor has insisted she keep talking to a minimum, i.e.none at all. She's a lovely 89-year-old Italian woman...you think keeping quiet is easy for her??? My youngest daughter has decided to teach her Nonnie sign language. As I see it, the trouble is she'll need to teach the whole family, and all her friends! It'd be great if there was a hand-held device with buttons you'd push to have it "say" useful phrases. Anyone know of one that's cheap?

(geeze, I sound like an old hippie...).

Nothing wrong with that fini....and thanks for your kind words and thoughts. Never was overtly religeous myself but said a lot of prayers and made some deals this time. Julia is doing great. She was moved to a step down room and did a lap around the ward today. So far so good.

Hope your mother-in-law continues to do well[Y]

I drove back to Wilmington this afternoon after being relieved by Julia's brother. Gonna unwind with a martini and finish watching the PGA match.

Cheers gentlemen!

Hope all is going well with everyone. Extra quiet in here this week.....

Thoughts and prayers for Gregg's mother in law and Julia and Chuck.

FInishing up my somewhat usual diet ginger ale. Went to a zOS DB2 v9 migration workshop today put on by IBM. A pretty good work day. Should be very helpful when we upgrade the systems I support. Got to take Alea to physical therapy at 7:30 tomorrow, uh later this morning.

Off to bed.

Thanks, Ben. 9 treatments down, 19 to go. So far, so good. Yesterday the doc said she can talk as much as she wants/feels like, so that made her happy. My wife has done a superb job of coordinating rides to therapy for her Mom. 12 different family members and friends have taken/will take Miss Daisy to her appointments. A real team effort.

I hope Alea's PT went well.

Glad everybody's families are doing better. Meanwhile, having been out in the sun cutting landscape timbers for the flower boxes in the now 97 million degree heat, it's time for a break. Ice cold Sam Adams Summer Ale with a squirt of lime juice.

Now that does sound good... My son and I are competing in a sporting clay tournament today, so I'll have to hold off on the brew until we are finished. It's going to be hot... expecting 104 today.

Now that does sound good... My son and I are competing in a sporting clay tournament today, so I'll have to hold off on the brew until we are finished. It's going to be hot... expecting 104 today.

Some sort of nude sculpting competition? Great bonding experience!

Some sort of nude sculpting competition? Great bonding experience!

and it requires no protection, except maybe ears and eyes....

Thanks, Ben. Daisy is doing pretty well. 19 treatments down, 9 to go. Her throat is getting pretty sore, and it's difficult for her to talk. 11 different people taking her in, which I think is awesome. She's been so good to the whole family, it's nice we can help her a bit. It gives friends and family first-hand info on how she's doing, and allows them to spend a little visiting time. She may go through a spell of difficulty swallowing, but she's prepared for that.

Thanks also for reminding us about Julia and Chuck!

Cheers, y'all!

• 2 weeks later...

I start a new job and have no time and the bar seems to die...has nobody relaxed with a drink and some tunes in the last 9 days? Anyways, read up on some stuff since I have been gone, glad to hear many are doing well, and people having some good fortune. Things are crazy in my neck of the woods...my record so far was an 83 hour week including a 20 hour straight shift...tired but better than unemployed. I bought a receiver from a forum member only to have it die a few weeks later...I have 2 pair of cornwalls with nothing to run them haha. Anyways, cheers to everyone, toasting my diet mountain dew, will be having something a bit stronger in an hour or so! (I hate working weekends!)

ACE

Sweetened blackened tea for me.

The last I heard Julia was still at Duke having had some complications from her surgery. Be sure to keep Julia and Chuck in your thoughts and prayers.

Hopefully Gregg's mother in law is still doing well.

Also keep our service men and women, police officers, firefighters, and all the others in our thoughts and payers. I'm sure most can remember where they were and what they were doing 9 years ago this morning. (we need a US flag emoticon)

b3919d87-fe20-49a8-9358-60337a76accd