3 minutes to Miller Time

jacksonbart

Just some store brand lemon lime sugar. Chasing down some low salt potato chips and grilled cheese (American, shredded Mexican blend, a little parmesan) and chicken on rye.

Dawn and Alea were both sick today. Me I just felt miserable so something easy using what we had on hand.

Popcorn for my wife. It's what she wanted. Not sure it's what I'd want after throwing up not too long before supper. But whatever works.

Alea had baked potatoe (nuked so not really baked...) with some butter and shredded Mexican and a grilled cheese (American) on a tortillla. Alea who can cook quite well claims she can't make a decent grilled cheese. Yeast triggers migraines (or sometimes just random) so no bread. My wfie no longer eats bread either. Grilled cheese on a tortilla is actually quite good.

Hope everyone's 2011 is off to a good start. Mine's been kind of rocky getting sick and feeling miserable. Hopefully back to "normal" by Monday. .

Followed up by sweet tea after returning from McDonalds as Dawn decided a $1 McDouble and sweet tea sounded good.

I offered to cook her a cheeseburger but little did I know that our oldest daughter Elyse purloined, or Dawn gave her our bag or was it box of frozen hamburgers out of the deep freeze. Along with a box of corn dogs and a box of cheese sticks. (burp) Dang. What kind of junk food for this weekend's football playoffs. Maybe we still have some nacho cheese dip.

I need to make some blackened tea. Though I make decaff and a lot less sugar than McDonalds uses. Need to learn to drink my tea like my dad drank his coffee. Black. But the decaff just isn't the same as normal tea but I really don't need all that caffeine. Probably a good thing I'm not a coffee drinker.

p.s. wrote but posted hours later the first 2011 pitcher of sweetened blackened (decaf) tea is in the fridge.

Ben, sorry to hear there's sickness going round your house. I came down with a sore throat myself. I must be wearing down--i went seven years without a cold, now this is the third one in the past three years. funny how i stopped drinking booze, lost about 40 pounds, take all my medicine, and talk evening walks--and i start getting sick more often! Go figure.

Fini-for a buck apiece I will take my chances-delicious- 5 dollars in the stores here with both legs intact

My Mom had a cold at Christmas. Got very weak- stopped eating- Could not walk down the hall- I dragged her to the doctor who immediately sent us to the emergency room this past Tuesday. They pumped her full of fluids ran tests- all negative except for an infedtion for which she was taking medicine. She is 79. I believe she might have died if had not forced her to go to the doctor to be checked. Pretty scary. She did not want to bother us with her problem. Much better now and eating well.

Looking at some tweaks on my system- updated surround speakers-Belles- and some long overdue TT upgrades.

Hope everybody's ailments mend quickly.

Time for a bloody Mary- Cheers !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fini- I missed the salmon and sav blanc part of your post.

We are drowning in cheap but excellent Salmon here- sockeye I believe- Alaskan I am having to freeze it- much prefer fresh-The sav blanc paring is excellent

Chase down some Hartwell Estates if available in your area.Great stuff

first order of business Fini Next week- My resturant guy is calling me daily begging me to take some. I .will try your recipie and report back. We have run out of ways to cook them

Off to a charity pheasant shoot on Friday- man I need this big time- no phones- no yapping customers and company owners breathing down my neck. Nothing but fine shotguns- boykin spaniels- old whiskey and cigars and hopefully lots of birds to bring back and eat.

Plan to head down to cigarbums place and pick up the modded belles from hell on Sat if the audio gods are smiling down ant the weather does not screw things up.

I am also putting plans in place for the TT mods next week

Spoke to Harry last night about a new CD player- May sell my cambridge backup

Hope everybody is well- All the best to the bar buddies-

Drinking a Russian potato vodka with fresh squeezed gratefruit juice- wonderful

Cheers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WT?? No posts for days and days????? good days- got 2 Belle surrounds for my HT and occcasional 2 ch use and they are BAD @SS!!!!!!!!!!!- wood horns-JBL pro series drivers- Breyna tweeters- wood horns.. Dudes..they ROCK..back in the HT business big time

bad days- my mom continues to be sick- reaction to antibotics- weak- will not eat-worries me but I don't know what to do-very concerned- 1 trip to the hospital- several trips to the doctor- bad deal

Drinking a makers 46 and coke- hoping for better days

Cheers

Okay Ben, I guess we can leave the light on--just in case anyone wanders in. Hope you are doing well and surviving that weather that i keep hearing about. I won't tease you by telling you what kind of weather we're having here in southern california; but, i'll just say "it's beautiful." stay warm, my friend.

Having a beer after drafting class. 5 hours hunched over a drafting board, drawing lines, hexagons, bricks...Yep, beginning level. Gotta start somewhere. What's cool is I'm taking it with my youngest daughter at probably the best Jr. College in California (SRJC). My last classes were in Spring of '78, when I got my BA in art (Sonoma State University, AKA Granola U...back in the ol' hippie days).