Juicy Music preamps: comparison with other top notch preamps

Papoola

Hi everybody and thanks in accepting me here. Heard from a friend that Juicy line pre's are a must to be investigated.

Would you please help me to focus if they are truly reference pre's or just the best purchase possible in these price ranges?

In a world of 5K bucks preamps it sounds strange, and I need therefore your help, that at their moderate price can beat famous names.

Thanks for your sincere opinion and if embarassed to quote names please mail directly at ubik-energy@iol.it

PS.: I actually own a Klyne 6 preamp.

Given the 2k cost difference between the Peach and my modified Cary 2002, if I were in the market for a pre now, and had my listening experience with them both, I would buy the Peach. It is a very fine pre, and a value far beyond its price point.

SSH

Cant say that I have auditioned every pre-amp. I have owned a number from Cary to McIntosh and the Peach is the best I have owned. Have not heard one better but I again I havent compared them in my system. The Peach is staying and I havent considered any sort of upgrade because as I said I havent heard a preamp that sounds better. IMHO you cannot go wrong with any of juicy musics products.

Josh

Here is my preamp experience:

Quicksilver linestage
Cary SLP-98p
Fi Y and YPH
Juicy Music BlueBerry Extreme
Welborne Reveille
47 Labs Input Chooser
Shindo Aurieges
Wavac PRX1

So that's a range of about $1000 - $8000.  No, I no longer have the BlueBerry, but it was better than or competitive with all but the Wavac which I feel bests it significantly in all areas.  The BB is better than my current Reveille which  is used in the same system with the same gear (although I am still getting to know the Welborne).  At one point I had the Shindo and BB in the same system and spent a great deal of time A-B'ing them.  They were quite different to my ears.  The BB did not match the resolution of the Shindo, but it had more of a pleasing warmth which I preferred.  Notably, I preferred the BB despite the fact that I was also using Shindo amplification which one would have assumed to be a better match.  

I also preferred the BB to the Cary which, to my ears, is a BB with a pillow over it.

The Fi gear was owned (I still have the YPH, but not the linestage) too long ago to make a useful comparison.  My best guess, however, is that the phono stages are about the same.

I don't care for the 47 Labs and really don't remember a thing about the Quicksilver except that I thought the Cary trounced it.  I don't know how it would stack to the BB.  2 steps forward 1 step back sometimes, you know?

I shoulda voted for that Idiot ... Gore ..... [*-)]

Well, without his help, we'd not necessarily be here enjoying our chats with each other over the internet!!

I'm sure he's been responsible for many other things that he would have told us about too.

[6]

I agree that the perception in price is a problem for excellence. Here's a similar issue. A couple of years ago I was listening to a couple of Klipsch engineers talk about a problem that pacific rim authorized dealers had complained about to Klipsch LLC. The problem is that rich folks come in an audio store and say "I want to hear all your speakers over $10K" That automatically excludes Khorns. The dealers were asking permission to charge more than MSRP for Khorns. They stated that if they could just go up on the price $2600 they could sell many more pairs. BTW, the engineers were talking about the response from Klipsch LLC to the authorized dealers. The answer was "no".

My suggestion would be to put a JM preamp for comparison with anything you want. Select what is most pleasing to your ears.

IMO, Mark Deneen is an amazingly creative and disciplined engineer.

Whatever you do, don't listen to the Merlin. [;)] (If you are struggling with the idea that excellence has to be expensive).

Welcome to the forum. Enjoy your preamp adventure.

[

Yeah, You were probably one of clueless that voted in the current doofus in the White House. His legacy will be The worst President in History.

Class act as always...... Take your politics and nasty attitude some where appropriate.

[

Yeah, You were probably one of clueless that voted in the current doofus in the White House. His legacy will be The worst President in History.

Class act as always...... Take your politics and nasty attitude some where appropriate.

I don't start them! - Just cleaning up another right-wing mess.