Any Good Music DVDs out there...............................

I have a few which I consider having good audio as well.

Eagles - Farewell Tour in Austraila

Diana Krall - Live in Paris

Bee Gees - One Night Only

Steely Dan - two against nature

I am looking for a new/different one for this weekend.

Anyone have a reccomendation - Rock/Jazz OK - No Opera, No rap, no country, No Polka

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Peter Gabriel: Both "Secret World Live" and "Growing Up" are fantastic.

Tom Petty "High Grass Dogs, Live at the Filmore" is another favorite.

Don't scoff until you've seen Peter Frampton "Live in Detroit". Yes, he does "Do You Feel Like I Do (with a great jazz improv)" but there's a slew of really good stuff there.

I second the Talking Head's "Stop Making Sense" concert. It's a little dated now, but it is one of the best.

If you're not a Roy Orbison fan, you will be after you see "Black and White."

Last but not least, if you like great guitar and the blues, you GOTTA pick up Eric Clapton's Crossroads Guitar Festival with too many fantastic guest guitarists to name here. I was never even really a Clapton fan but this festival shows Clapton playing at a level he's never even approached before. It's a double DVD and 4 hours of great music.

Right off the top of my head. :-)

JP

Pulse by Pink Floyd. If you like them.

If Pink Floyd is in your thoughts, then "In the Flesh" by Roger Water's has to be near the top of your list. I also have Pulse but I really prefer Water's own versions of the PF material. The musicians on this DVD are just phenom. The sound is practically all two channel music with surrounds used mostly for sound effects and depth. This is a 'tour de force' by Water's with a finely concieved, well rehearsed, and well recorded disc. You will LOVE it if you like PF.

Are you talking about DVDs of groups performing, and/or DVD-Audio? If the latter, I have a number of recommendations, and some "avoids".

I am talking about DVDs with Video and Audio. I believe that they call these Music DVDs?

To tell you the truth, there are so many different formats out there that I am a bit confused myself.

Ken Kaz had at the Pilgrimage a SWEET sounding Fleetwood Mac Rumours DVD audio or whatever they call it...I believe it was a special pressing recently gone over by Mick Fleetwood (with added sounds) and it was the first time I thought about listening to this type of music...others heard at the Pilgrimage were similarly sweet...Ken if you're on here...what was the special version??? I have looked on Amazon et al and found many versions but none that describe as the one you had (but I suspect the one that was nearly $50 is it :D)

Bill

I believe it's been kicked around here but it's worth repeating;

David Gilmour in Concert, Meltdown Concert

Gilmour is in fine form here. His renditions of PF material are tastefully performed. Tasteful enough to turn even the ear of those not normally inclined towards Pink Floyd.

I picked up two Music DVDs today.

Fleetwood Mac - The Dance

Crossroads Guitar Festival - Eric Clapton

Suggestions were right on as far as good audio quality[Y]! - These two are very good almost CD quality.

Anyone else see one not mentioned, please chime in. Thanks