May Have Found the La Scala's I wanted, but..............

kkerley33

Found someone willing to move a pair of La Scala's that appear to be in great shape from the photos's but I have to make the shipping arrangements.

Does anyone know what the shipping dimensions and weght of a pair of la scala's is?

Can I order packaging materials from Klipsch and have them sent to the seller?

Any other ideas?

All help is appreciated.

KAK

cornwalls are about half the size of scalas and they are above the max size limit with ups, best shippers i have found and used is craters and freighters they will pick them up pack them, then deliver also insure them

k-horns from pa. to chicago 650.00 all in

joe

Does UPS have boxes big enough for the La Scala's. I got the dimensions and weight and sent them off to the Freight Broker that ebay uses. I will wait to see what they say and see if the seller is willing to go to the UPS store and pick up the packaging materials and charge my UPS account.

Thanks for the help

KAK

if packed in cardboard boxes with foam wall inserts....they come in at 135 lbs each for regular lascala's and 140 for one piece industrials.

you can add 3 inches to the width and depth, plus about 4.5 inches to the height to get shipping dimensions if packed with foam sheets and cardboard boxes.

An empty set of boxes to hold some laScala's, if not unfolded, will cost you 60% of what it would cost to ship the boxes with the cabs in them.  Shipping charges are based on volume as well as weight.  SO even shipping empty unfolded boxes will cost you some cash.

this could add quite a bit to the cost....best bet is to find a local deal...or plan a road trip.

where are you located...maybe the forum crowd can help you find a local deal.

OK The wife sayd NO RAW CHALLENGED speakers. What wife wants speakers the size of a barcalounger sitting in their house. I am glad she just said yes. I can happily accomodate her desire to have them somewhat match the decor.?

EECK, I sound like HGTV. LOL

KAK

OK The wife sayd NO RAW CHALLENGED speakers. What wife wants speakers the size of a barcalounger sitting in their house. I am glad she just said yes. I can happily accomodate her desire to have them somewhat match the decor.?

EECK, I sound like HGTV. LOL

KAK

Nice sense of humor. Welcome to the forum.

Actually, I like my black La Scalas. If they were medium-coloured veneer, they'd be pretty but they'd look like quite large pieces of furniture. The black colour makes them look a bit smaller and almost disappear against the wall. Almost disappear, I said...

So just heard back from the seller when I confirmed dimensions (from klipsh website)...His didn't match stock and when asked, he admitted they were rebuilt and didn't have stock Sub Drivers because he wanted more deeper low end.

Talk about being bummed, guess no need to keep up this search. I will keep looking locally (at least within the Midwest). Seems like last summer, every time I turned around, there were 4 or 5 pair either on the Bay or the Gon, and close. Now most of them are on the two coasts.

KAK