House for sale

jwc

Is that where I fell to my death at 4:00am?

Terry,

After meeting you in person, this does not surprise me. If you are ever an overnight guest in our home remind me to make sure you sleep on the bottom floor!!!![;)]

Hey, that was the easy part. Getting up the stairs was the real trick! [;)]

tc

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very nice digs. Good luck with the move. I can't imagine it not selling in about an hour, especially on a golf course.

My house is about 1/2 of that for almost the same money. That's the DC Metro area for ya. NY and CA are much worse in some places. On the plus side, the bank only owns about 1/6 of it which is why we'll be looking for our beach/retirement home when we head south in September :)

Richard...where is that house?

I own the lot to the right of my house which is 0.67 acre. It will soon be up for sale for $100,000.....if I was patient....I could probably get $110,000.

The cost of living in Carrollton is cheap believe it or not. This neihborhood is just pricey and sought after. Also remember....I have a FULL finished basement that isn't included in the sq footage listing of the house. The basement finishout is as nice as the rest of the house. The 3" blinds on the ground floor alone cost me $15,000.

jc

Richard...where is that house?

My sister lives in Covington, GA which as I recall, is just a bit on the south east corner of the beltway around Atlanta. These houses are being built in the same neighborhood about 10 minutes from her house.

We knew my dad, being a (now retired) builder/developer would love to see these monstrocities so we took him over and poked around a couple of them. It's a stunning neighborhood but with the design influence of them, I'm wondering if they're going to be full of some very rich middle eastern types?

post-15072-13819339776612_thumb.jpg

Though they really were quite impressive, the two that we went into just seemed 'different' in their design. One thing that intrigued us (not shown) was the garage entrance was off the master bedroom in at least one of them. What I mean to say is as you park in your garage and grab your bag of groceries to walk in the door... the door goes RIGHT smack dab into the master bedroom and then you have to work your way to the kitchen. One of the houses also had a second door way on the FAR side of the garage which went to an upstairs room...when then via a 2nd story walkway, went across the driveway (over head) and into the house upstairs.

post-15072-13819339779692_thumb.jpg

Never in the two houses we went through, did I see a single "huge room" that could hold a nice LaScala based 5.1 system. Yes I suppose you could have done it in there but the rooms just seemed odd shaped and or too small... all ironic in light of the size of the house and all the other goodies attached that clearly cost a mountain of cash.

post-15072-13819339781212_thumb.jpg

When we moved from Syracuse to Athens (Ga.) we experienced a nice upgrade of home. Ga. doesn't tax the $hit out of its residents and utility bills are cheaper too. Land is plentiful as Georgia is largely undeveloped. Your money buys you a much better quality of life when it comes to "the home". I still love NY......it will always be home......but I will NOT be moving back there as I see it today. I'd go further south or west first. Actually....I'm probably never leaving Athens as my wife was born here and the family roots go deep.

JC lives on the opposite side of Ga from us near Alabama. Even more undeveloped......growing quickly, and some very pretty land. I was at his home and it is big and beautiful, in a nice neighborhood, on a nice golf course. His basement is finished as nice as the rest of the house.

The construction here in Georgia that I have seen is cutting edge design as well. I give the builders a lot of credit for the way they build down here. No clear cutting....take out just enough trees. Mixed designs.....no two houses look the same. Stones and bricks. When you see a house that is just finished it looks 10 years old in that the gutters, driveway, landscaping, decks, trees, sod, irrigation system.......it is all there and complete. Nothing to do but move in.

I built 3 houses when I lived in NY. What a joke in comparison. Few amenities, tons left to complete, plastic siding, 20 ft. from my neighbor's identical house, complete clear cutting, no trees. Higher tax payment than mortgage.

Is that where I fell to my death at 4:00am?

Terry,

After meeting you in person, this does not surprise me. If you are ever an overnight guest in our home remind me to make sure you sleep on the bottom floor!!!![;)]

Hey, that was the easy part. Getting up the stairs was the real trick! [;)]

tc

no the real trick is trying to go from the garage to the basement & back not to mention the driveway in a WHEELCHAIR.

When we moved from Syracuse to Athens (Ga.) we experienced a nice upgrade of home. Ga. doesn't tax the $hit out of its residents and utility bills are cheaper too. Land is plentiful as Georgia is largely undeveloped. Your money buys you a much better quality of life when it comes to "the home". I still love NY......it will always be home......but I will NOT be moving back there as I see it today. I'd go further south or west first. Actually....I'm probably never leaving Athens as my wife was born here and the family roots go deep.

JC lives on the opposite side of Ga from us near Alabama. Even more undeveloped......growing quickly, and some very pretty land. I was at his home and it is big and beautiful, in a nice neighborhood, on a nice golf course. His basement is finished as nice as the rest of the house.

The construction here in Georgia that I have seen is cutting edge design as well. I give the builders a lot of credit for the way they build down here. No clear cutting....take out just enough trees. Mixed designs.....no two houses look the same. Stones and bricks. When you see a house that is just finished it looks 10 years old in that the gutters, driveway, landscaping, decks, trees, sod, irrigation system.......it is all there and complete. Nothing to do but move in.

I built 3 houses when I lived in NY. What a joke in comparison. Few amenities, tons left to complete, plastic siding, 20 ft. from my neighbor's identical house, complete clear cutting, no trees. Higher tax payment than mortgage.

Go *****

Sept. 8, 2007

USC 35

UGA 10

Go *****

Sept. 8, 2007

USC 35

UGA 10

I'm so sorry......but it's not gonna happen. [:D] Spurrier doesn't have the magic anymore and Mark Richt got smart and hired an offensive coordinator so he wouldn't end up like Spurrier. [:D]