Spinning Those Electric Meters

BEC

Hope the AC hangs in there.  We had a high of 104 degrees F today here in Russellville, AR.

Just took a look at the forecast highs for the next few days on the Weather Channel.

Saturday 104

Sunday   104

Monday  106

Tuesday 107

Wednesday 103 (Nice to see it cooling off)

Bob  

Hope the AC hangs in there.  We had a high of 104 degrees F today here in Russellville, AR.

Just took a look at the forecast highs for the next few days on the Weather Channel.

Saturday 104

Sunday   104

Monday  106

Tuesday 107

Bob  

Didn't know about Tuesday........ Jeepers! It is time to start working on my air conditioned suit.

Saturday 104

Sunday   104

Monday  106

Tuesday 107

Bob  

Oldbuckster and me will remind you about this in January

- Jim

Man, that is brutal! I would suspect the humidity is way up there, too. Here in CA, it gets up that high, but the humidity stays low, and it cools off at night. Plus, being 30 miles from the Pacific, the fog will usually break up a heatwave within 4 or 5 days.

278.jpg

I found this image of Russellville on wunderground.com. Man, I hope you live on higher ground, Bob!

The place that builds my utility trailers for me up in Walnut Ridge. AR has changed their working hours at their employee's request because of the heat.  Now they start work at 11:30 PM and work till 8:00 AM.  

Bob 

• Moderators

Bob,

I can relate to that. I called our "pending" landscape clients and advised we would not be working until this "HEAT WAVE" retreats a little. I don't mind working in the heat and HUMIDITY, it's too be expected where we live and work. However, landscaping in this kind of heat could literally kill someone.

It doesn't do any good to start early in the mornings because the dew is evaporating of the ground and it feels like a wet suana (sp). It actually feels hotter around 8:00 a.m. or 9:00 a.m. than it does around noon. It's ridiculous.

All of our clients were extremely accepting and understanding. They even said, "We can't expect you to work in weather like this"..."let us know when you guys are ready to get started again.

Looks like another hot week down here too.

I noticed around 10:00 a.m.-11:00 a.m. every day the last week we are having serious power surges.....I have started turning things off when that happens.

It has been in the mid 90s in the FL panhandle every day, except when we get monsoon-like thundersorms.

I was in New Orleans this weekend, we had a power outage from 2130-2230 and it got pretty steamy indoors. Cooler to sit outside on an elevated deck. Regardless of what Entergy (the regional energy supplier) says, the power grid has not recovered over there.

We use those compact flouresent (sp) bulbs all over the house, with a few exceptions where none are avialble for certain fixtures. I don't think they've made any diff in our electric bill, which has been over $200 every month for a while (all-electric house). We put in a programmable thermostat, that takes the A/C up to 79 during the day, and then down to 76, 30 min before we get home.

Hope the AC hangs in there. We had a high of 104 degrees F today here in Russellville, AR.

Russellville Arkansas! I used to drive from Little Rock with some friends to "The Oasis" to watch a band called The Clique, from KC play there. Man those were some HOT TIMES. ;-)

Speaking of hot, it has been cool here in the DFW area. We just had our first 100 degree day of the season at the end of last week.