The case of the locked case

Guest " "

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It contains a MacGuffin.

What's a MacGuffin? In a 1939 lecture at Columbia University, Alfred Hitchcock spoke of the MacGuffin. Crediting it to his friend Angus MacPhail, Hitchcock said it originated in the following exchange:

Two Scotsmen are riding in a train. One asks the other what is contained in a package in the overhead luggage compartment.

"It's a MacGuffin."

"What's a MacGuffin?"

"A device for hunting tigers in Scotland."

"But there are no tigers in Scotland."

"Well, then, it's not a MacGuffin, is it?"

Either that or it contains Marsellus Wallace' soul.

Not to be confused with "The Double McGuffin", a movie that was filmed in Charleston in the late seventies "starring" the likes of Too Tall Jones, Lyle Alzado, Earnest Borgnine, George Kennedy and Elke Sommer (in the day......muy caliente!!!)

I think there's an Egg McMuffin in there. With sausage.

"How can you possibly tell him all is well if you have not and can not visually inspect the contents for the "Alls well report"?"

There you go.....easy charge back...can't complete the transaction...goods can not be verified.

Charge back is done...refund recieved.

I like Bob's idea....I should send back in a bigger locked case...need to take a trip to goodwill to see what I can find cheap.

• Moderators

I like Bob's idea also.....but I hate the idea of you having to spend one penny on the shipping....what about sending it back in a bigger locked box...COD![:D] If he doesn't pay the COD shipping charges the box would come back to you.....correct?

I like Bob's idea also.....but I hate the idea of you having to spend one penny on the shipping....what about sending it back in a bigger locked box...COD![:D]  If he doesn't pay the COD shipping charges the box would come back to you.....correct?

For anyone who can get back as good as they have been gotten would gladly pay extra just for the satisfaction of knowing they got even. Just the idea of the look on the guys face makes me snicker. Please read chapter 4 in Seti's Guide To Evil Genius : )

I like Bob's idea also.....but I hate the idea of you having to spend one penny on the shipping....what about sending it back in a bigger locked box...COD![:D]  If he doesn't pay the COD shipping charges the box would come back to you.....correct?

even better....love it

even better....love it

I think you should be able to sell him the combination to the larger box for shipping + packing + cost of the larger box plus good feedback and a letter thanking you for your business.

Bob

• Moderators

I like Bob's idea also.....but I hate the idea of you having to spend one penny on the shipping....what about sending it back in a bigger locked box...COD![:D] If he doesn't pay the COD shipping charges the box would come back to you.....correct?

even better....love it

I think you should be able to sell him the combination to the larger box for shipping + packing + cost of the larger box plus good feedback and a letter thanking you for your business.

Bob

Now Bob, that's "pushing the envelope", just a little bit.[;)]

• Moderators

even better....love it

Thank you sir, I thought it was ingenious idea![:P]

even better....love it

Bob

I got a few suggestions via email...lets see if we can combine.....COD...sell him the combination to the larger box for shipping + packing + cost of the larger box plus good feedback and a letter thanking you for your business.....but  put the shippment in a coffee crate and hope the postal inspector ask whats in the double security locked case...why cover with the smell of coffee? Get pictures of the package being picked up, send to the credit card company with tracking number...and forget about it.

• Moderators

even better....love it

Bob

I got a few suggestions via email...lets see if we can combine.....COD...sell him the combination to the larger box for shipping + packing + cost of the larger box plus good feedback and a letter thanking you for your business.....but put the shippment in a coffee crate and hope the postal inspector ask whats in the double security locked case...why cover with the smell of coffee? Get pictures of the package being picked up, send to the credit card company with tracking number...and forget about it.

Now that's thinking "out of the box"! So what you say, Fritz....you gonna do it or what....I say he** yea...![;)]

maybe someone should call geraldo rivera. that al capone safe show didn't go too well, but he may be willing to take a crack at this mystery. who knows what could be locked in that box--a map to some buried treasure, michael jackson's other glove, or bob dillon's unlisted phone number (yes, a Tubes reference from What Do You Want From Life).

• Moderators

Put it in another box with a old time wind up clock, the kind you can hear ticking from a couple of feet.

A bomb squad will probably open it somewhere before he gets his case back, don't they blow them up to defuse them if they are not sure.

Too bad you couldn't put one of those paint bombs like the banks use, so when he opened it it would paint him and his room.