My first Heritage purchase.....Forte II's!

scatsob

4 OF THEM! God bless Craigslist, and welthy people. I got a lead on a lady that wanted to get rid of some klipsch speakers because she was moving and didnt want to have to haul them. Called her up and she said they were Forte II's in nice condition so I took a trip. When I get there and she lets me in the door (of a 15,000sf house!) there are not one pair but two pair of oiled walnut Forte II's in immaculate condition....9.5 out of 10 at least. She goes on to tell me that they were in the house when she bought it and just wants to get some moey for them and get rid of them. She said that they were probably bought when the huse was bilt and but into cabinets in the two intertainment centers in the house and never touched since...hardely even used! Needless to say I drove home with all 4 and now my wife is going to kill me.....or buy lots more shoes. Here's some pics.

Posted Image

Shot with Canon EOS DIGITAL REBEL XTi at 2007-08-12

Posted Image

Shot with Canon EOS DIGITAL REBEL XTi at 2007-08-12

What an incredible find! Hook 'em up, put them to the test, wring them out, and eventually when you get to the point that you want to improve on what you have, check into getting crossover upgrades. You'll be even more amazed at what those speakers can do. Enjoy and congrats!

Chris

I already hooked them up and man...they blow the RF-3's they replaced right out of the water. So crisp and clear with tight base, Im in love. Anybody on the fence about the older Klipsch speakers should buy with no fear....they sound amazing. I checked the dates too...both pair are 90's and both are sequential, a nice bonus.

Roc Rinaldi will give you his wife for those. Uh, 'put into cabinets'- with the passives in back- a NO NO. Please do this with them before you go any further. The rear grilles keep kitties from using paper passive as scratching post or little Johnny from sticking toy cars through them. Part numbers 260-375260-340 at Parts Express. Cost about $7 per forte II

Congrats on the best score I've seen in quite a while

Welcome to the Madness.

Michael

post-10755-1381934015781_thumb.jpg

Roc Rinaldi will give you his wife for those. Uh, 'put into cabinets'- with the passives in back- a NO NO. Please do this with them before you go any further. The rear grilles keep kitties from using paper passive as scratching post or little Johnny from sticking toy cars through them. Part numbers 260-375260-340 at Parts Express. Cost about $7 per forte II

Congrats on the best score I've seen in quite a while

Welcome to the Madness.

Michael

Is it ok to but screws in the back of the cabinet like that? I am one of those "leave it completely origional" type of people for value reasons, even though I do not plan on selling. I also understand that having to replace the passive would also be a real pain. I do have a 1 year old but these are going in the master bedroom which, in theory, he shouldnt be in unless we are there too. Thoughts?

I think Trey pointed this out to me. If you were to drill 4 holes in the waffle grille border ring, you could clamp it down using the original passive screws and bypass the exterior clamps and further screw holes.

I was careful and taped off my drill bit at 1/2" before pre-drilling for the short screws, so they did NOT penetrate the cabinet back entirely.