Are the cornwall III's really that better?

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Conrwall III's in the house!![:D]

When I got home from work yesterday evening the delivery truck pulled up at the same time. I didn't expect them until next Tuesday or Wednesday, so you can imagine my surprise.

I ordered these from a dealer in Wisconsin on Tuesday, they were shipped via economy freight through BAX on Wednesday and delivered to my door in south TX Friday evening. That would never have happened with UPS or FedEx.

The only issue was that the bottom of one of the boxes was was barely hanging on as it had gotten wet. The driver said they had allot rain in the mid-west lately and that someone probably set the box on the wet ground somewhere. Fortunately, the speakers were wrapped in thick plastic and the inside of the box was still dry and both speakers were in good shape.

Anyhow, I got them hooked up and they sounded just wonderful right out of the box. Of course it's going to take awhile for them to break-in properly so I'll not try to do a comparison to the II's at this point in time. However, it's already obvious to me there are some minor differences. The bass is tighter and the overall sound seems a bit more balanced.

OK, back to the listening chair. Just wanted to share my excitement.

Resist the temptation to comparison listen for awhile. Just listen to the III's for a few weeks at least. Then hook up the old speaks. That should tell you all you need to know. Listening to one after the other in short order never seems to work as it should.

• Moderators

Good advice, TheEvan, I didn't really know if that break-in thing was really true or not. But the Cornwalls really did sound better after a couple or three weeks, could have been me? Really nice bass, and plenty of it, you would think there is a perfectly blended sub playing if you didn't know.

Hope you like them as much as I do ! Congratulations, nothing like a NEW speaker, only you and Miss Barbara ( the lady who test them ) have heard !

Conrwall III's in the house!![:D]

...I ordered these from a dealer in Wisconsin on Tuesday, they were shipped via economy freight through BAX on Wednesday and delivered to my door in south TX Friday evening. That would never have happened with UPS or FedEx.

Congratulations on your new speakers. [Y] I was going to go the purchase without audition route, but experience got the better of me. I took the road trip (several) and decided to keep what I have--That being said, if the RF-7 IIs come out I may have to give your guy in Wisconsin a call. ;-)

• 2 weeks later...

Yes they are better. After reading the information by the Forum members on the Cornwall III , ordered a pair from a Klipsch dealer, Megamax in Brooklyn, New York. Colter and Dtel's wife's comments about the speakers are correct. They were shipped from Hope and arrived at the dealer two weeks later in Walnut. They look and sound very good. Also have a pair of old Heresies from the seventies. The installers also from Megamax came with the speakers and connected the amplifier, receiver, speakers , DVD player in a short time. They also were very good.

Amy, Megamax's new address is: 6820 15th Avenue

Brooklyn, N.Y. 11219

They service the entire Tri-State area.

I think I chased him away. A little over a year ago CTP dissappeared after this thread. http://forums.klipsch.com/forums/thread/769217.aspx

If you follow the thread you can read, he got into trouble. Since I was helped out bigtime by forumbuddies after I got scammed on a pair of MC30's, I wanted to help out someone else from our community. Needless to say, after I paypalled him a loan, nothing but silence... Then suddenly, this thread! I pm-ed and emailed him again to please remember me. After that, silence again. I think he's a young boy who does not know how to handle money, is buying and selling again to get out of trouble. By now he must have accumulated quite a terrible karma. I hope he comes to his senses and developes a conscience, before his karma catches up with him (or whoever else is on him). James, if you read this, you know my paypal address (yeah right)...

I know I am a dumbass, who believes in the good of people and trusts people to easily. Still I must say, with this look on people, I still gained more over the years than I lost to losers like above. Funny, I still think this could all be a misunderstanding, even though it's been a year. Naive? [:$] Tim.

Holy Crap Tim!!! Are you serious? You're taking this a lot better than I would. I'd be knocking on a front door!

Back then, first I was patient, then curious, then worried, then frustrated. With all I had experienced just before, I chose to ignore it and go on with my life with yet another lesson learned. Still, someday I might surprise someone. I will cross the pond again soon... [ap]

• Moderators

Sorry to hear about that Timmikid. I had no idea! Thanks for updating us.

No wonder he didn't come back to the thread. Well, good things do happen....at least two members read this thread and purchased new CIIIs.

I know that doesn't help your situation with CTP. Maybe he will read this and at least get in touch with you to explain his position.

If I recall correctly, isn't CTP the kid that Pihrana started a collection for a few years ago? Maybe to finance a receiver from the St. Louis area?? Seems a bunch of us (me included) made $10-20 donations. Later I think he had a thread about his dad's superfast and super expensive Corvette . . . . and now it turns out the forum is paying his cell phone bill?????????????????? yikes, I am getting too old . . . .

• 1 year later...