College Football!!!!

PhilMays

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

PLAYOFF!

I feel sorry for Hawaii. They may have played a weaker schedule, but they were undefeated! Give them a chance! In a playoff I would think you could.

Who plays and who stays! One could make a good arguement for about 6 teams to play in the last game. Had Virginia Tech not had the melt down against Boston College earlier in the season, they would be.

I don't like this situation of losses early on to climb back to the top in the current scenerio. I team who lost recently virtually has no chance...Of course Ohio State did and will play anly because they lost 1 game. Had several other teams not lost, Ohio State wouldn't even be in the picture.

Surely Arkansas wouldn't hire Tommy Bowden, would they? That would be a major downgrade from Nutt. You guys need to hope that doesn't happen. True he has owned SC but who hasn't? Nobody gets less from more than he does. That would not be a good hire.

I wish it was up to me and Arky.

"be careful what you wish for". At this point, it is not so much about money, but about availabilty and the time factor. GULP! Kiffen (sp?) would be my choice. ??? TT is out, Need to do something fast!!!!

tc

Our Chancellor is an academia genious & a sports dunce. Let the coaches destined for Ole Miss contact our recruits; unfreakinbelievable.

Terry: Direct from Jerry Jones' son " dad offered to pay a $4 million buyout, that's all I know".

My words: We are going to be bare for 2 yrs why not let Herring run it til a name becomes available? His press conferences have been impressive & he says he can bring in top coordinators.

Our Chancellor is an academia genious & a sports dunce. Let the coaches destined for Ole Miss contact our recruits; unfreakinbelievable.

Terry: Direct from Jerry Jones' son " dad offered to pay a $4 million buyout, that's all I know".

My words: We are going to be bare for 2 yrs why not let Herring run it til a name becomes available? His press conferences have been impressive & he says he can bring in top coordinators.

............Terry: Direct from Jerry Jones' son " dad offered to pay a $4 million buyout, that's all I know". ...........

That must have been ear-marked for TT. (?) That pipe-dream is over. Your thoughts about Herring are mine also. No reason to make a latteral or downward move when we know what the next 2 years will bring. The only exception is that it will be difficult to recruit without a name coach. Perhaps Herring would work long-term. ?? He claims to have the contacts, and d*mn-sure has the attatude.

So you don't want 'Ole Miss to recruit for AR? WHAT? ......................................

JT will send you an email. Just got a phone call from a spy on the hill.

tc

............Terry: Direct from Jerry Jones' son " dad offered to pay a $4 million buyout, that's all I know". ...........

That must have been ear-marked for TT. (?) That pipe-dream is over. Your thoughts about Herring are mine also. No reason to make a latteral or downward move when we know what the next 2 years will bring. The only exception is that it will be difficult to recruit without a name coach. Perhaps Herring would work long-term. ?? He claims to have the contacts, and d*mn-sure has the attatude.

So you don't want 'Ole Miss to recruit for AR? WHAT? ......................................

JT will send you an email. Just got a phone call from a spy on the hill.

tc

That's interesting. I was wondering how they could be talking seriously about a $4 M buyout of TT's contract.

$3.5 M severance pkg here, $4 M buyout there, $2 M salary here, sooner or later you're starting to talk about some real money.

Turns out MSU students like MU......

I was watching the MU Oklahoma game downtown here in Springfield in a bar, about 100 Mizzou fans, and me.

Every time OK made a play, i was like yyeaaaaaaaaaaaaa, it was amazing. After about 5 minutes, the other 2 OK fans came over to sit next to me. Man did I get some dirty looks

Definitely the most fun I've had in a while

I may be stepping on some toes but I think OSU may get worked pretty good by LSU. Actually there is a possibility they even get rolled. But to be fair, if they put up a good fight and lose by a small margin, say 10 points or less, I will publically apologize. This coming from an avid Southern Cal fan who believes USC/LSU would be a bit more fair.

THE Ohio State is not the powerhouse they think they are ................... The Buckeyes wouldn't like playing in the SEC !!!!!!!!!!!!!! My only problem is the long lay-off before the game, kinda' hurts the game really, should be having playoffs right now, instead of sitting around waiting ........... Just another strike at the BCS , get a play off system, tee it up, and let's see who hangs in there .................