College Football!!!!

PhilMays

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't ya just love those little "smiley-face" stickers on THE OSU helmets? How does one earn such a emblem? Show up for practice?

[{]SEC...SEC...SEC...[}]!!!!!!!!!!!

[;)]tc

EDIT: OSU focused and up early.......LSU shuts them down later...... Low scoring game......LSU by 3 or 4..........

Any takers? $$$$$$$

I am an Ohio State fan an these are my impressions:

A. The LSU receivers were much faster than the Ohio defensive backs.

B. The LSU defensive backs were much faster than the Ohio receivers.

C. The LSU quarterback was more accurate than the Ohio quarterback, ready for the pros.

D. The LSU defensive co-ordinator was hugely more smarter than Ohio's.

JJK

I am an Ohio State fan an these are my impressions:

A. The LSU receivers were much faster than the Ohio defensive backs.

B. The LSU defensive backs were much faster than the Ohio receivers.

C. The LSU quarterback was more accurate than the Ohio quarterback, ready for the pros.

D. The LSU defensive co-ordinator was hugely more smarter than Ohio's.

JJK

Yep. I agree

• 8 months later...

I agree. From what I have read of most of the regular members, the discussions are probably very interesting, minus the insults, and derogatory comments that appear on other sites.

WW

Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind--Dr. Seuss (thanks G)

OSU 27 USC 21 WWWWWOOOOOWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!! Did not see that one coming. This team was simply destroyed by Penn State, I could not believe how easily OSU ran against USC's #1 in the Country Defense. Just goes to show you you gotta play every game for 60 minutes, looked like USC tried to phone this one in during the first half. Will be tough for USC to get back after this. IMO there are few teams with run the table potential. Penn State, Wisconsin (yeah I know they play each other), Oklahoma (or the Big 12 winner) same for the SEC, pick a team. Man I just love College Football.

College Game Day is here in Athens this week. The town is already clogged and crazy since yesterday. It's not going to be easy but GEORGIA should take out Alabama and move up to #2 tomorrow night. I'll be there to enjoy the festivities. Fingers crossed and hoping for the best.

And then we got Arkansas.

Congrats to Houston Nutt for his victory over the Gators. He is a great first year coach. None better. And if you are contint with a consistant 6 or 8 win season; that to say that if you don't want more for your school and football program than 6 or 8...........He is your coach. However, at Arkansas we require a bit more at this time, and so we fired his sorry a$$.

Houston left Arkansas with nothing to build on and so we suck this year. No prob, we have a real football coach now.

See you boys in the national champ game of 2010.

tc

I think Houston Nutt is a pretty good coach, but I think his strong suit is/was motivating his players. I saw him coach in person in the late 90s in the only year he was at Boise State. But Ed Ogeron left him a pretty full cupboard at Ole Miss, especially Jevan Snead. I don't know what Petrino had to work with this year. I also don't know the details behind him leaving Atlanta, but from what I have read, if I were an Atlanta Falcon fan, I don't think I would ever want to see him back.

If I were a top college coach, I really don't think I would want to coach the pros. Look at all those who have tried unsuccessfully, like Pete Carroll, Nick Saban, and Lou Holtz. I don't blame them for wanting to move up, and the challenge, but I just don't think I would want to coach "real" professionals.

WW

I think Houston Nutt is a pretty good coach, but I think his strong suit is/was motivating his players. I saw him coach in person in the late 90s in the only year he was at Boise State. But Ed Ogeron left him a pretty full cupboard at Ole Miss, especially Jevan Snead. I don't know what Petrino had to work with this year. I also don't know the details behind him leaving Atlanta, but from what I have read, if I were an Atlanta Falcon fan, I don't think I would ever want to see him back.

If I were a top college coach, I really don't think I would want to coach the pros. Look at all those who have tried unsuccessfully, like Pete Carroll, Nick Saban, and Lou Holtz. I don't blame them for wanting to move up, and the challenge, but I just don't think I would want to coach "real" professionals.

WW

Well except that Lou Holtz came to Arkansas from the Jets. But I do know what you mean. And btw Petrino was left with nothing at AR. He left Atlanta because he didn't do dogs[:^)]

tc