LaScallas

Dynaco_EL34

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's difficult to imagine that the speakers will not fit through the opening with the folding stairs, without removing the stairs. When the stairs are down, is there not space to fit a 24.5" x 24.5" square piece of cardboard through the opening while staying perpendicular to the angle of the stairs? If there is, then take them down the stairs.

Most folding stairs I've seen are trimmed out like a pre-hung door... Framed rough opening, put the staircase in, face nail the trim, lower the stairs, and shim and screw the frame to the RO framing. A sawzall, a putty knife, and hammer and the whole thing is done.

Do yo have any qualified/insured contractor/carpenter types among your buds? A state license and bond will go a long way toward convincing the church to let you extract them, and will almost certainly cost less than staging installation / removal to repair the grillwork.

I talked with them and they are OK with me removing the grill and installing new ones!!! :D This will work out better for tham as the grills I construct will be removable, should they ever have a need to use them. This will be much easier than removing the casing of the folding stairs. In my work we do a lot of this...

I talked with them and they are OK with me removing the grill and installing new ones!!! :D This will work out better for tham as the grills I construct will be removable, should they ever have a need to use them. This will be much easier than removing the casing of the folding stairs. In my work we do a lot of this...

Sweeeet.... Before and after pictures are called for, I think!

• 4 weeks later...