I got my Lascalas ... promptly took them to the desert to test them.

G.Kennedy

G.Kennedy: Hey, great photos and welcome to the forum! Congratulations: You've officically made me homesick for Nevada (even though I realize it's actually CA)! LOL The two states can look very much alike at times. Thanks again for posting!

I hope you will all pardon my embellishments... :)

But ever since those pictures were posted, I haven't been able to get the starkness of them out of my head.

Posted Image

Less the bottle of brew - I think it has the workings of a neat little advertising campaign :D

HA ... thats pretty cool, ... yes the bottle of beer should probably be cropped out.  I have since replaced the caps in my crossovers with Sonicaps from BEC.  They really sound great  running off of 300B Paramounts from Bottlehead ... looking forward to a long relationship with these speakers.

On another note ... but very related.  We are about 2 1/2 weeks out from my girlfriends birthday where we will return to this location with the La Scalas/T-amp and a bunch of dirtbikes.  I promise to take many more photos through out the four day weekend.  If there are any So. Cal. Klipschters who want to make the trek out to the desert ... drop me a PM or email.  I can give you details on location and timing for the weekend.

HA ... thats pretty cool, ... yes the bottle of beer should probably be cropped out. I have since replaced the caps in my crossovers with Sonicaps from BEC. They really sound great running off of 300B Paramounts from Bottlehead ... looking forward to a long relationship with these speakers.

On another note ... but very related. We are about 2 1/2 weeks out from my girlfriends birthday where we will return to this location with the La Scalas/T-amp and a bunch of dirtbikes. I promise to take many more photos through out the four day weekend. If there are any So. Cal. Klipschters who want to make the trek out to the desert ... drop me a PM or email. I can give you details on location and timing for the weekend.

I've got to say: that picture is the coolest thing I've ever seen on this forum!

we will return to this location with the La Scalas/T-amp and a bunch of dirtbikes.

Im a sportbike rider myself - have been for 15 years... but had a quad at one point, which I do miss. Just nowhere in these parts to ride them, really. If you could get a shot of one of the cabinets near the crest of a dune, from a low and close perspective, while a bike is jumping it... that would be really slick :) Could have lots of fun with that on the motorcycle forums :D

Say a little lower than from this angle, but otherwise right... you get the idea:

Posted Image

But ever since those pictures were posted, I haven't been able to get the starkness of them out of my head.

Posted Image

Less the bottle of brew - I think it has the workings of a neat little advertising campaign :D

Well, that image makes just an excellent desktop. Thanks for sharing these great pix!

Posted Image

That pic is awesome. Klipsch HQ, you oughta produce this as a poster or a derivative there of.

Glen, that is by far one of the greatest setups with Industrial La Scalas I have ever seen, and to have it virtually in your back yard no less! The peace and tranquility of listening to music in that vast open space is nothing short of phenomenal, if not miraculous. You are truely blessed![A]

Imagine going a ways eastward to Black Rock Desert, NV during the annual Burning Man art festival that's held out at the playa...your La Scalas would certainly fit in, no doubt about that! They look right at home out there, don't they? (my apologies to photograper James Duncan Davidson for taking the liberty of embellishing one of his Burning Man pics...I think I did it justice, yes?).

post-11084-13819349069578_thumb.jpg

Here are some more photos .....

Posted Image

Is it just me or does this look like something that should belong on a Pink Floyd album cover?

Gotta admit, that is pretty darn cool, plus I could only imagine the how peaceful and quiet it must've been out there.

Don't have anything like there here in Virginia!

I'm wondering about your t-amp, how is it modified? Do they require a pre amp? 

Again ... thanks for all the responses.

My T-amps are only slightly modded.  Basically a reboxed Sonic Impact ... remove a couple tiny caps and resistors ... add some 2.2µf caps to the inputs.   RCA's for inputs and proper binding posts for speaker outputs.  And a new volume pot.

Well documented here as the Stealth mod:

I'll try to get a photo of the insides for you.

I'm wondering about your t-amp, how is it modified? Do they require a pre amp? 

OK here is a photo of one of my T-amps.  This is not the one in the original photos, but the mods are identical.  The one in the original photos is just crammed into a smaller box, so it is hard to see what has been done.

This level of mod is really about better inputs( original mini plug changed to RCA's) better outputs (spring clips changed to binding posts), better bass response (2.2µf caps on the input)

Add a 50k dual pot, on/off switch and coax power jack and your done.

Except the hardest part ... removing (and bridge) the 2 Surface mount caps and remove the 2 surface mount resistors off the board.  This is really the only step that you can real ruin things.  Just take your time.

These are well documented mods and fun to play with.  You can still find the original SI amp for $30 on the web.  I add about $30 more for the mod parts.  Find any old box (Partagas works well)

No preamp required.  On/Off power, volume control ... you can run an Ipod from the headphone jack and still use the Ipod volume also, or set the Ipod in a dock and run line level out and use only the t-amp volume.

Posted Image