New Forum Member Says Hello and Thanks

Riviera

Since I have been lurking in "read only mode" on this useful forum for some time, thought it was about time to join! My thanks to all for the useful discourse, I have learned a lot here.

By way of background, I had seen Paul Klipsch demonstrating his Khorns at a Chicago HiFi show in the late 60's, but my real affection for Klipsch speakers began with an epiphany at a stereo shop in Wichita, KS in 1973 while stationed there in the service. The store had a large demo room with gorgeous walnut/cane flanking Khorns with a matching walnut/cane Cornwall center in the classic long wall wide stage stereo setup driven by a rack of McIntosh electronics. The store owners were engaged to record for later broadcast an opera company in Kansas City (if memory serves). I walked in one day as they were playing a "safety tape" of a live opera performance on the then new Advent/Wollensak cassette deck with something new called "Dolby B noise reduction". I had never heard stereo reproduction like it and vowed to someday own Klipsch/McIntosh gear. Since 1989 I have had the good fortune to do just that.

Apologies for the long post - looking forward to possibly meeting other northern Illinois forum members at Klipsch Community events in the future.

Apologies for the long post - looking forward to possibly meeting other northern Illinois forum members at Klipsch Community events in the future.

Long post? Stick around [;)]

Be sure to keep an eye out for the Klipsch Pilgrimage (there is an entire section dedicated to it on the forum) and then the only other get together I know about in the Northern Illinois is Cheese Fest, which happens every year or so up in Milwaukee, WI.

The forum gets a lot more fun when you get to meet people face to face.

Another new member from Illinois here, decided it wasn't worth while to start a whole new thread just for the sake of a welcome wagon.  I'll get a signature up shortly, doesn't come close to most on here, I'm relatively "new school," and by that I mean in college and slowly building a 2 channel from the ground up.

Good to "meet" you all.
Luke

• Moderators

Welcome Riviera and luckasaaron,

I am so glad to see you decided to "speak up" and let us know you are out there. Like Dr. Who...be sure to check out the Pilgrimage section....

Definitely if an opportunity presents itself to meet other members.....JUMP on it.....it makes being a member of the forum soooo much more meaningful.

Again, welcome to both of you!

Another new member from Illinois here, decided it wasn't worth while to start a whole new thread just for the sake of a welcome wagon. I'll get a signature up shortly, doesn't come close to most on here, I'm relatively "new school," and by that I mean in college and slowly building a 2 channel from the ground up.

Good to "meet" you all.
Luke
Are you going to school in Illinois or from Illinois or both? I guess I'm new school too since I'm still in college?

Grew up in Illinois, currently go to school in MI.

I'm only new school cause I can't afford the good shiz.  But reading through this site I'm amazed.  Hate to say it but it almost seems baffling that something from sixty years ago can sounds as good/ if not better than something from now a days.  Oh well guess I'm just young and dumb.
Now on a seperate point.
I need an amazing sounding reciever with the ability to run a sub out, any ideas???? :-)