Hello again!!!!

Cal Blacksmith

Hi, my name is Wayne and I am new here..... well I guess it should be NEW AGAIN! for the second time.

The kidney surgery went well, the recovery was awesome and I will be starting back to work on Monday. I am feeling great and life is good. I am seeing a cancer Doc just to make sure that all is well and so far it is.

The weight loss has slowed down and has nearly stopped but then again, I am now 190# down from 366# so that is a loss of 176# in a year! That is a whole person! I look good and feel great so this is probably real close to where I am going to stay weight wise.

There hasn't been any changes in gear in either the HT or the 2Ch, both systems are awesome and I don't have any plans to "upgrade" anything.

I trust that everyone here is doing fine and I see that Coulter has just had a Bday, Happy Bday dude! It sounds like the concert was awesome!

If we can just keep building airplanes until it is time for me to retire, all will be GREAT!

Sorry for the long time between posts, the internet service at home BITES, I hate POTS Dial up service, at least at work, it is Verizon high speed service over my cell phone, at home I am lucky to have a web page load up in a minute, even without a lot of graphics! I see that there have been some changes here to the board since I have been away, I am sure I will get used to them, I am speaking of the main page to access the forum, with the blogs and all.

It is good to be back! HELLO AGAIN!!!!!

<?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" />Wayne glad to hear things are going well. Even though you technically never left the Klipsch consortium I am pretty certain your reemergence qualifies you as a "Born Again Klipschian"

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

R/Jim

Welcome back!

Amy has a pet duck. If you want Dwight to visit you, she might let him. If not... maybe I'll give you his feet measurements and you can whump up some nice new shoes for him and we'll see how good of a swimmer he is with some new steel shoes!!

[:|]

(Dwight is a toy duck, lest anyone think I'm suggesting we put some concrete ankle bracelets around a living duck)

Old War Horses never disappear, they always return ................ Good for You Cal, glad to hear everything is fine ............. I see we are both now Cruiser-weight Fighters, first time under 200 lbs. for me in 25+ years, I like the lighter weight myself ............. Take care of yourself, do what the Doctors tell you ...... Congrats !!!!!!

I know you're not that kind of blacksmith but you must have fashioned a lucky horseshoe and mounted it in a very special place.

Sincerely glad to hear about the successful surgery and excellent recovery.

So you're down to 190 lbs. Fighting weight. My fighting weight's 175 but I'm about 205. Sounds like an even match to me. I think I'll come out there and clean your clock, just cause I can. Er, um, you aren't completely recovered are you?[:D]

Wayne, you sound good!

I know you must feel 100% better! Keep up the good work and as others have said, liten to your Dr.

BTW: Thebes is a blowhard...He will not show up I can guarantee! Why just the other week he was picking on some poor little kid in Alabama, and didn't show up for that fight either.

HANG IN THERE!

Phil

Thanks for the warm welcome back from all you old farts and the nu-guy too!

I still want to have a gathering here but perhaps from now to after the new year would not be a great time with all the prep for the holidays that everyone must get done. My den/office/listening room has gotten a little smaller with the addition of a different desk as the old one died, it was a VERY old oak school teachers desk, rather cool actually but all the glue joints came apart and I had drawers dropping their contents to the next drawer down or onto the floor so it was time to send the old thing to retirement in the shop. The new desk is a steel/wood unit that is L shaped so it sticks out a bit into the room. There is one GREAT spot to listen to the Cornwalls from and the rest of the room isn't prime but then again how bad could Cornwalls sound anyway!! :P

I have a second system setup ON TOP of the Cornwalls, it consists of my cane covered Heresy IIs driven by the Yamaha CA600 amp and a digital Yamaha tuner and has a Pioneer 25 disc CD changer with it. Extra gear in the room that is not hooked up consists of a Fisher 400 receiver (needs a rebuild), a home made tube pre-amp (it really sounds nice!) and an old Fisher TT that was donated to me. I have a Tandberg RtR that needs a new drive belt but was running perfectly when pulled (except for the drive belt) that I will get running soon. Other than that, there isn't much new or even old here to talk about cept that we do enjoy the HT from time to time, those Klipsch heritage speakers sure do sound nice there.

Thanks for the warm welcome back from all you old farts and the nu-guy too!

Dude... get your facts straight...

These other guys are "old flatulance" and I'm definately more like "NEW flatulance"....[+o(]

hmm... I wonder if that sounds right?

[:^)]

Hey Wayne! Glad to hear from ya, hope the fires stayed away from you. I was in San Diego two weeks ago but long days and no way to even think of coming up your way. One guy working with us lives in Riverside and commutes to Coronado Island, said it took his carpool nine hours to get home one day during the fires.

Austrailian PInk Floyd is here in STL the next two nights, one of my kids has tickets. Your demo on the HT setup (DSOTM or Pulse, I forget which) is still a benchmark sound in my Klipsh listening experience, the Fortes and Quartets really sing. I'll have to struggle along with my RF-35 setup for now!

Glad to have you back -

Young fart, old fart, wannabe fart, all the same :)

We did get a bypass on the fires, some smoke and a little ash but for the most part they were only a distant glow at night.

Larry, don't diss those RFs you have, you need to remember that you are still WAY above the vast majority of most higher end "stereo systems" out there. It sounds like though that you do like the sound of the heritage line a little better than the RF series. No shame in that! The Pink Floyd that was played was the Pulse DVD, yep, good stuff. For 2 ch I seem to remember you liking the sound of tubes also. Take your time, listen to lots of systems and find the components that you like and wait for a good deal on them, you will get there soon enough.

Thanks everyone for the prayers and good thoughts, they worked.