smilin

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Sure, but the market dictated the direction of the design

Of course, but I was speaking directly to the comments made here about our marketing department. Naturally, we have to look at market research. Or we wouldn't be in business. Difficult to sell what the market doesn't want. Difference is, we engineer the crap out of what the market seems to want to make it better than they even thought it could be. Smile

Boy when these threads get technical my eyes just glaze over.....[:D]

Hondas have only been in the U.S. since sometime in the '70s, and that was the little bitty cheap ones, so that isn't much of a valid argument. I know some folks who drive very old Hondas. The others are still up for grabs. The BMWs are great cars, though.

Ya know the Palladium may have been driven by Marketing, pushing Engineering to make something more competitve in the high end speaker market. Honestly, I know I am a dark hearted traitor, but I really like my RF stuff way better than my Hesesy II's, which just suffered a crossover failure after 22 years.

PWK's dream 60 years ago was based on materials that did not exist at the time and engineering which has learned from it's succeses and failures. My mom's 1962 KHorns sound good, they are efficient, open and clear, but I kind of like some of the high end reference stuff better. By saying that Klipsch cannot improve on PWK's design is really an insult to Klipsch engineering. If I had my way I'd swap 'em for some RF-5's an RC-64 and an RSW-12

I can't wait to hear the new P-39's, I am excited, just as I was when I heard some of the new RF/RC/RW stuff and decided it was time to retire my Heresy II's.

When I went to the Indy Pilgrimage, being a never before listener of heritage speakers I must say. The Jubilee were excellent at producing exact copies of what is recorded. I had a music cd that I played on the Jubilee (both) and it sounded awful. Trey warned me about putting mp3 in them but trust me, I actually brought the cd and made copies (who wants to bring the original on vacation and have them broken) but since its an exact copy there should be no derivation unless you want to go into psychoacoustics and whatnot about different cds and black magic). BTW the cd was The Killers - Hot Fuss Limited Edition. The sound sounded like it was compressed and horribly mastered.

A wise dude once shared a very interesting observation with me the other day....he pointed out that speakers usually get the blame for bad sound, and rarely the praise for good sound. I won't comment on your source material because I'm not familiar with it, but the acoustical environment of that hotel meeting room was crap and the largest contributor to the shrill sound - that Khorn room is treated very well and really helps the Khorns shine their best.

That depends. I have a 28yr old bmw and a 20 yr old bmw. They last. You don't even see Hondas or Toyotas still on the road that old, I doubt a Hyundai will last as long either. Plus, buy your cars used and pay cash.

I think that you missed my point, and in any event I drive a Toyota (Lexus).

I think I got your point and raised it.

PWK's dream 60 years ago was based on materials that did not exist at the time and engineering which has learned from it's succeses and failures................. By saying that Klipsch cannot improve on PWK's design is really an insult to Klipsch engineering

ohhhhhhh, I know of at least one person on this forum that evidently doesn't agree with that. Ironically, I think he takes pride that he is able to take old amp designs, merge the good parts of them together and come up with his own version....yet Klipsch can't improve a 60 year old design. I guess he's a mircale worker!!! [;)]

You folks still at this...I checked in at 6pm.....then checked out til 12:00 mid night. I spent 1.5 hrs preping a floor...then 4 hours laying down a new floor. Big sale at lowes....20% off every 50 dollar purchase...plus 10 off your next purchase....bought 700 bucks worth of wood flooring...got 20% off...and another 100 bucks in 10 dollar coupons.....I'm sure glad I was off the forum for a few hours and actually got something done....ok continue....was the decision P39's or Jubilees.?

Ya know the Palladium may have been driven by Marketing, pushing Engineering to make something more competitve in the high end speaker market. Honestly, I know I am a dark hearted traitor, but I really like my RF stuff way better than my Hesesy II's, which just suffered a crossover failure after 22 years.

PWK's dream 60 years ago was based on materials that did not exist at the time and engineering which has learned from it's succeses and failures. My mom's 1962 KHorns sound good, they are efficient, open and clear, but I kind of like some of the high end reference stuff better. By saying that Klipsch cannot improve on PWK's design is really an insult to Klipsch engineering. If I had my way I'd swap 'em for some RF-5's an RC-64 and an RSW-12

I can't wait to hear the new P-39's, I am excited, just as I was when I heard some of the new RF/RC/RW stuff and decided it was time to retire my Heresy II's.

I have a rsw12 for sale

When I went to the Indy Pilgrimage, being a never before listener of heritage speakers I must say. The Jubilee were excellent at producing exact copies of what is recorded. I had a music cd that I played on the Jubilee (both) and it sounded awful. Trey warned me about putting mp3 in them but trust me, I actually brought the cd and made copies (who wants to bring the original on vacation and have them broken) but since its an exact copy there should be no derivation unless you want to go into psychoacoustics and whatnot about different cds and black magic). BTW the cd was The Killers - Hot Fuss Limited Edition. The sound sounded like it was compressed and horribly mastered.

A wise dude once shared a very interesting observation with me the other day....he pointed out that speakers usually get the blame for bad sound, and rarely the praise for good sound. I won't comment on your source material because I'm not familiar with it, but the acoustical environment of that hotel meeting room was crap and the largest contributor to the shrill sound - that Khorn room is treated very well and really helps the Khorns shine their best.

It was source material. It sounded like it was from youtube..... it was compression, audio compression.

Hey Steve, why not try a year's worth of Muay Thai or wrestling or something of a more physical nature. Give your wife a present to...a fitter you, sounds like you spend too much time with toys, not enough on working the important things, your health, strength and the joy of just being a tough old bird. Steve, I'm fifty and I go against twenty somethings in the octagon or the mat 5 days a week...so instead of saying "...when I was a kid I could...", you can say "...yesterday I did wel in a 3 rounder.."

Boy you spend too much time on toys.

PWK's dream 60 years ago was based on materials that did not exist at the time and engineering which has learned from it's succeses and failures................. By saying that Klipsch cannot improve on PWK's design is really an insult to Klipsch engineering

ohhhhhhh, I know of at least one person on this forum that evidently doesn't agree with that. Ironically, I think he takes pride that he is able to take old amp designs, merge the good parts of them together and come up with his own version....yet Klipsch can't improve a 60 year old design. I guess he's a mircale worker!!! Wink

Some more of your petty, vindictive and baiting comments. How long will this be allowed to go on here?

Please refrain from false statements about me. I have never stated that the Heritage speakers can not be improved. That would be insane since I myself run highly modified Lascalas. But you don't see me running around with my chest pumped up stating my Lascalas blow everything out of the water. All I have ever questions is some of the fruit loop comments about the Jub blowing away anything on earth....no more no less.

I'm just not into that Hero worship games like some folks.... I'm not going to crown AL K. king of the universe because he sells the Trachorn... or Bob crites becuase he sells a tweeter or Dean for building a crossover/ Al for designing them... although I credit my crossivers for 90% of what I like about my speakers. If was told I could only keep one of the none stock components in my Lascalas it would defenitly be my ALK Jr's.

Craig

I'm just not into that Hero worship games like some folks.... I'm not
going to crown AL K. king of the universe because he sells the
Trachorn... or Bob crites becuase he sells a tweeter or Dean for
building a crossover/ Al for designing them... although I credit my
crossivers for 90% of what I like about my speakers. If was told I
could only keep one of the none stock components in my Lascalas it
would defenitly be my ALK Jr's.

=====================

Agreed

As I look back at demos I experienced in the 1990s, old (caps) crossovers are responsible for poor demos of Belles and K Horns

Some more of your petty, vindictive and baiting comments. How long will this be allowed to go on here?

===============

Amen.

now that is funny. anyone else see the irony here? something about the goose and gander?

have a nice day boys!!

in Christ, because of God's grace, amen,

roy

ps. by the way, the 39 and the jub both sound awesome. pick your poison....