Heresy's on Steroids !

dtel

• Moderators

Ok I know it's not the right drivers and there other things wrong, but I have to store these in my workshop anyway, so I thought I would try it ! [:|] It's just temporary.

All I did was put the Heresy bass in the other cabinets, still using the Heresy crossover.

I made a 3/4" plywood spacer to let the 12" speaker fit with no air gaps.

All the original holes used in the MWM were used to mount the plywood, meaning both speakers can be changed back in 30 minutes to be exactly the way they were. Nothing was drilled or cut, because this was just to try them out.

post-11804-1381936017083_thumb.jpg

• Moderators

I was suprised how good it sounded, I know that 12" driver is not designed for that size cabinet, or a folded horn. But it sounds good in the workshop, when they were pointed out into the back yard they sounded good to about 50 feet. After 50 feet the bass was good but the Heresy horns would drop off a little.

This was with a Yamaha RX-V730 with the volume set to -25.

Just for the heck of it I walked around behind our pond and was about 250 feet from the speakers and could hear everything, especially the bass, and at the back of our property there are thick trees about another 200 feet back and you could hear the sound echoing back from the woods. Now you have to realise the pond is 180 feet wide there and sound travels easily over water, I would think that helps ? At 50 feet it wasnt real loud, I will have to check it with a meter one day ?

Overall I was surprised how it sounds !

• Moderators

very nice! sorry for my ignorance, but what are the heresys hooked up to?

Not sure what you are saying, to play them a Yamaha receiver.

If you are talking about the other speakers it's those big black bass bins (MWM) right behind and above them. I know they are hard to see because the Heresy's are blocking the view ! [;)] The MWM is a commercial bass bin, not a sub, just regular bass but bigger in size and sound. They don't look that big but thay are 67" wide and 48" deep, they are big, and heavy.

• Moderators

I may be a little abnormal, but think about this...

Five years ago, before I started hanging out with all of you and reading here I had a little set of book shelf speakers (sb3 Synergy) and matching center and rears, look what y'all have turned me into !..... Now there are 19 Klipsch speakers here, so far.

THANKS [:D]

I know they are hard to see because the Heresy's are blocking the view

You know it's a sad sad day when Heresy's are able to block the view of a MWM...

Other than that...WTG Dtel!!

Would those be considered over body or on body headphones?

[Y]

I may be a little abnormal

perhaps...

Five years ago, before I started hanging out with all of you and reading here I had a little set of book shelf speakers (sb3 Synergy) and matching center and rears

Probably happy as a bug in a rug too....albiet a big rug... [;)]

.. Now there are 19 Klipsch speakers here, so far.

MCJ!!! Michael Colter Junior!!!

Speaking of Colter...where is that ole cuss anyway??!!

• Moderators

I would guess an all over headphone, and back massager if you turn it up.

Kind of like the killers you have, but with a "much" smaller voice and sore throat compared to yours.

I am surprised you haven't blown out windows yet ! I would have bet you have scared away many deer in your area ! [:o]