Sweet Thrift Store Finds

Lonelobo

• 4 weeks later...

Kokomo Goodwill LPs

2012-06-16KokomoGoodwillLP.jpg

First found the Johnny Winter. Couldn't pass that up..... vinyl looks to be in pretty good shape. I rarely get it if it's not. [:D]

Kokomo Goodwill CDs

2012-06-16KokomoGoodwillCDs.jpg

The Chrsitmas CD most likely for MIL. Tales From Turnpike House by Saint Etienne on Savoy Jazz. No idea but Savoy Jazz label I htink is pretty good. These 2 were 1/2 off of $1.99. Couldn't turn down the rest for $1.99. One of my better recent Goodwill scores.

• 1 month later...

SWMBO is not real happy with me as our budget is tight. But I need a place to store my tools. I think for $200 I did OK? What do y'all think? The seller said the vise is relatively new and he paid $90 for it. The tool box on the end comes off and has space to attach it's own wheels. And he has the keys. Main box has ball bearing drawers. Sure a bit of wear but should last for decades. Wheels are relatively new urethane and not hard plastic.

IMG_2160.jpg

SWMBO is not real happy with me as our budget is tight. But I need a place to store my tools. I think for $200 I did OK? What do y'all think? The seller said the vise is relatively new and he paid $90 for it. The tool box on the end comes off and has space to attach it's own wheels. And he has the keys. Main box has ball bearing drawers. Sure a bit of wear but should last for decades. Wheels are relatively new urethane and not hard plastic.

IMG_2160.jpg

You scored big time! Everybody needs a little tool chest for the Little occasional repair! :-)

IMG_2160.jpg

Nice console! Tubes or Solid State?

PM wins the best response prize. It's neither, full of nothing but air, and at least one drawer with a piece of drawer liner. Smooths out the resonances.

The vise on this is relatively new. The seller said it goes for about $130 but he paid $90. Has provisions to hold pipe well. The wheels are also replacements and a softer urethane similar he said to what is used in the local GMCH plant where he works. He last used it to store tools working as an airplane mechanic. He plans to replace with a much taller narrower tool chest to better fit in the machine shop he's building in his garage. Milling machine(s) etc. He also repairs Porshces and Ferrari's on the side. Not many, but a few of each including his all wheel drive Porsche turbo.

Planning to build a large machine shop with neighbor to house a 6 axis CNC capable of producing a V8 engine block from a billet of aluminum. He posted $200 OBO so I gave him a low ball $100 with disclaimer he should be able to get $200. Didn't want to give to neighbor for $175 but happy to sell for $200 even if I'd resell as I think with a bit of patience might be able to get more? The small box hangs off the main. I have some wheels I will probably attach to it and use separately. And have the keys for both.

No brakes on the wheels but should be able to chock if nothing else. I think simple small brake on one or two of the decent sized wheels I have that can work. or maybe not.

Picked up this rough looking but gold ridden amp at an auction for a song! This unit has 4 6L6GC Power Tubes, 3 RCA 1 GE. It also has 3 RCA 7025 and 1 5814A pre-amp tubes! And 2 HUGE transformers, adjustable Bias pot, ground switch, and 2 speaker outputs!

Works Perfect! Make an offer. Remember shipping is gonna be crazy, this piece is HEAVY!

post-46413-1381974032534_thumb.jpg

post-46413-13819770968838_thumb.jpg

post-46413-13819798173974_thumb.jpg

A

Picked up this rough looking but gold ridden amp at an auction for a song! This unit has 4 6L6GC Power Tubes, 3 RCA 1 GE. It also has 3 RCA 7025 and 1 5814A pre-amp tubes! And 2 HUGE transformers, adjustable Bias pot, ground switch, and 2 speaker outputs!

Works Perfect! Make an offer. Remember shipping is gonna be crazy, this piece is HEAVY!

Additional pic!

post-46413-1381974034379_thumb.jpg

post-46413-13819770986552_thumb.jpg

post-46413-13819798191852_thumb.jpg

• 3 months later...

I just picked up a Yamaha M80 at a pawn shop for $175. Somthing like 40 pounds of SS and iron. Someone had bounced it on it's back and broke the plastic mounts that the binding posts attach to. It works 100% but due to age, it likely will take a trip to Craig for a good once over. I have it in my HT to power my side speakers. Overkill, yep but so what?[:D]

I just picked up a Yamaha M80 at a pawn shop for $175. Somthing like 40 pounds of SS and iron.

That is a great find!. It is worth a small investment to bring it back to life. I have an M 70 and M 80, both are in my ht setup and I love them. The difference between the M 70 and M 80 is 10 lbs, 40 vs 50 lbs.

Indianapolis trip...

What is this stand for?

2012-08-08_IndyGoodwill.jpg

2012-08-08_IndyGoodwill2.jpg

Maria Maulder the best score in this lot

2012-08-08_IndyGoodwill3.jpg

Score! Bob Marley, Neville Brothers, Fleetwood Mac, Emerson, Lake, and Palmer, Johny Winter

2012-08-08_IndyGoodwill4.jpg

A couple of duplicates here... Basia, Mannheim Steamroller though brother and probably future sister in law should like it, Steely Dan, Linda Ronstadt, Norah Jones

Saxophone at the Kokomo Rescue Mission... looks "playable". Picked up a new ligature, mouthpiece, reeds, and beginner book, more than doubling my investment, as Alea wants to learn to play sax... though she's thinking baritone... but with hearing worse in the lower registers. maybe I'll give it a try. Does need some work. Quick guestimate at Indy music store where HS band uses said about $300 to redo all the corks and stuff and probably worth about $600. No intent to put $300 in it right now though...

2012-09-07_KokomoRescueMissionSaxBundyII

Probably about the same vintage as my King trumpet and Alea's King Cleveland 600 trombone. Made in USA. Elkhart Indiana

2012-09-07_KokomoRescueMissionSaxInCase.

2012-09-07_KokomoRescueMissionSaxSN.jpg