Attendees

There's also a Super 8 accross the street from the Holiday Inn I think for anyone wanting to stay on the cheap. I think $68 last year walking in after Friday night's activities as I was too tired to drive home and back Saturday morning which was the original plan.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest srobak

Let me know a price on that if you could, Steve... I think that or Super8 will be my speed. Maybe I will pack a tent on the back of the bike :D

We stayed at Residence Inn last year and it was very nice. IIRC, the room was $99 per night.

This year, I got a room there for only $79.

I don't know if they dropped their prices or what, but I'm not complaining. [;)]

See you all in Indy!

Good job guys, thanks for getting on board. Note to N2T- Harry is a Marine and makes some damn strong coffee. [C]

Remember to sign up for Friday workshops if you'll be in town. This is a new feature we've added this year to give you guys more 'bang for your travel buck' at your request. We'd sure like to see all those classes full. These will be different presentations than will be given on Saturday morning.

Michael

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all from the big easy

Haven't done the airfare nor hotel yet.

Some Qs:

I guess I will arrive Fri afternoon. But when do most people leave? Sat night-if so, be temped to hit Chicago for a day? Sun morning? etc

Any good info for less expensive hotel? (AAA discount). I expect to rent a car. Can we park at Klipsch? Is Klipsch near dntn Indy?

Thanx in advance

The Headquarters is on the far northwest side of town. Still, it's not a bad drive downtown, as long as you aren't going at rush hour. Taking 465 down to 65 south, then exit at Meridian, puts you on the Circle in about 20 minutes.

Hi all from the big easy

I guess I will arrive Fri afternoon. But when do most people leave? Sat night-if so, be temped to hit Chicago for a day? Sun morning? etc

You can check out any time you like,

But you can NEVER LEAVE!

Bwhahahahaha

• Moderators

When you arrive and how long you stay is really up to you.....like Colter says "you can check out anytime you like!" Some folks arrive on Wednesday or earlier, some folks arrive on Thursday morning/evening. Friday evening Klipsch will be offering three different "classes", there is a thread in this section regarding that. Most folks leave on Sunday, morning/evening with others not leaving until Monday or Tuesday.

If you look around this section "Pilgrimage" there are several threads regarding the classes and hotels. You can park at Klipsch, there is plenty of parking. If you have never visited their headquarters in Indy you are in for a treat! I don't think Klipsch is near dntn Indy.....honestly we were there almost a week last year and we still got lost "on the circle". The interstate makes a complete circle around Indy and most folks from that area refer to the circle as a clock. So...you will hear "this is at l:00 on the circle and this is at 8:00 on the circle".

Hope that answers some of your questions.

I'm thinking of bringing my LaScala's, Cornwalls and Heresys along to the Pilgrimage. I think they'd get a kick out of it. I'd only do it if Jim Hunter would get into his full ritual Klipsch Robe, Crown & Scarf and perform a renewal of the Klipsch blessing on my speakers.

On second thought, that would involve bringing my truck to haul the speakers. I'll be bringing my hybrid instead.

Getting pretty pumped about the Pilgrimage though. The 60th Anniversary KHorns last year were exquisite. I look forward to seeing what the Palladiums can do in that room.