Can we really run car with water?

I've been looking into this for a couple of weeks now.

It isn't expensive. I have a guy that just bought the manual and will attempt to assemble soon. I would try it but I'm mechanically dumb and this guy is good at that stuff. I also don't have the time.

If he reads the manual and says its doable....I may buy the parts for his test run.

jc

See the hydrobooster link in this post Making Your Own Ethanal (If Only It Were That Easy) - Water Powered Car and find the link for Smack's generator which seems to be a pretty well thought out variation including some safety features to avoid explosions and backfires and links to build an override for any moden engine control module as otherwise by it will just dump more gas as it thinks it's too lean. A lot of disclaimers about BE CAREFUL ... HYDROXY gas is EXPLOSIVE ... use at OWN RISK... etc

http://forums.klipsch.com/forums/p/104822/1058164.aspx#1058164

That said I remember hearing about injecting water into gas tractors along time ago. My barber says one of his clients claims to have created an engine that runs on water.... many other claims though not sure any documented and demonstrated.

In the case of the hydroxy generator or whatever they're called it probably can work though I think they said any vehicle newer thant 1995? and you'll have to override the ECM (Engine Control Module) the smacks doco talks about that and links to buy kits, links to companies who will install a system and claim to guarantee 50% increase in mileage.... (more in the yeah right category .... are they real, a scam, but the smacks generator plans one can download adress a lot of the safety issues that would seem obvious after you've blown your vehicle up ... duh, quit generating hydroxy gas (I think that's what they call it, appararantly separated only one of the hydrogen atoms from the water) when or a bit before shutting your engine off.... contain and stop the flow of hydrogen in case of a backfire, ... probably a don't smoke while messing with this....

The home ethanol generator on first quick read makes more sense than current corn ethanal generation as the recommend to use feed sugar and claim that there is more than enough of it and sugar to alcolhol as opposed to convert corn to sugar to alcohol, or just load with your waste stale beer, wine, spoiled shine, etc and converrt to vehicle grade alcolhol and blend at any % with regular gas

Do I believe all the claims? No, but, am I naive enough to think some good ideas haven't been buried because they might cut into a giant corporations profit margin, No. A water powered car ... some claims and really never demonstrated. Possible ... maybe most alternators easily generate more electricity than required (I think)... and it's really more releasing the energy contained in the water. And isn't most of the energy in fossil fuels originally from the sun? When gas is cheap nobody cares but it's not in the best interests of big oil for a viable alternative energy souce to take the place of petroleum so do you really think they haven't protected that interest?

Yep, the above post linked to above is rambling somewhat related bunch of thoughts.... returning home from the Pilgrimage, my daughter was talking about one of her teachers who visited a farm where the famer basically used in cattle, pig, and other doo doo to power his farm, I think a lot essentially burning the doo doo, even well enough to be able to continue a few months without (power from the grid or doo doo kind of forget already)...

(I knew I'd regret not taking chemistry in high school)... water is 2 parts hydrogen and one part oxygen ... hydrogen ... Hindenburg... boom boom, oxygen fuel for fire ... yet water will put out a fire ... hydrogen burning supposedly has waste of water? Showing my ignorance .. how does water work?

Saddle up your cattle ... Yee Haa.... ride your dinner to the barbecue ...

(I knew I'd regret not taking chemistry in high school)... water is 2 parts hydrogen and one part oxygen ... hydrogen ... Hindenburg... boom boom, oxygen fuel for fire ...

Uh, yeah, and gasoline goes boom as well. The HHO generators draw betwenn 2-20 amps. Easily doable in an automobile.. Mileage figures when feeding in some hydrogen would be great. The concept is not that difficult, taking care to make it safe a little more problematic, but still doable. If I could get my Blazer to add another 10mpg (I get around 20-21 now), I would start driving it again.

Bruce

Adding some hydrogen to the fuel intake seems to be one of the better ideas. Mixing hydrogen with the gas can lower all the noxious emissions dramatically. One drawback is the ECU, which will think your engine is running too lean. This can be overcome by installing and fine tuning your engine with a megasquirt, but it isn't for the faint of heart. Invidiosulus had installed one on his Volvo, to fine tune all the the engine parameters. There is a lot of forum support for it, but no direct support for any given vehicle.

The hydrogen generator can be up to 70% efficient. Mixing that into the intake can improve the mileage, but I haven't seen any figures yet. Cleaning up the exhaust means you can make the catalytic convertor and exhaust system lower cost, because it burns cleaner.

Bruce

Water Injection is a lovely thing. Better MPG, nah, but you can get more horsepower out of your car.

I know one or two guys who use it on their turbo'd car, and they love it. I wasthinking about installing a kit, but opted not to. I won't see a big return on power for how lightly tuned I have my car right now.

Just note that these systems make the water spray a pretty fine mist. Like you guys where going at, you want it to feel like its very humid, but don't want water drops. To much water and you will lock up you engine. Water has great thermodynamic principles, and helps soak up that heat, so you prevent detenation in your cylinder. Thus you can pump more air and fuel into the cylinder creating a nicer burn for more power.

Do I believe all the claims? No, but, am I naive enough to think some good ideas haven't been buried because they might cut into a giant corporations profit margin, No. A water powered car ... some claims and really never demonstrated. Possible ... maybe most alternators easily generate more electricity than required (I think)... and it's really more releasing the energy contained in the water. And isn't most of the energy in fossil fuels originally from the sun? When gas is cheap nobody cares but it's not in the best interests of big oil for a viable alternative energy souce to take the place of petroleum so do you really think they haven't protected that interest?

For starters, the industry could not protect against innovation. These have been favorite conspiracy theories for years, but they could only be believed by people who think smart people only work for the industry and that a secret as big as "Area 51" can be successfully kept from the public.