ALL HERSEY HT

BigStewMan

anyone hear one before?

I have, I was fortunate to hear the 5.1 Heresy setup that Silversport had. I do believe that he no longer has this setup but it sounded great for the hour or so my gf and I was over. It really did sound good and I think he had a Outlaw sub, that sounded great also.

At the price that you can find some Heresy I would say go for it, and if you don't like it then you can always sale off a set.

James

I have heard the Heresys, at EQ's house here in Dallas, in 5.1 configuration and the sounded awesome.

Honestly I don't why more people don't go that route.

You can't go wrong with them

Exactly right. Just don't hear the all cornwall 5.1 (or is it 5.3) system first or you will get spoiled!

It would be a fine system ................. smart way to go !!!!!!! Almost went that route myself, but lately I question my dedication to Home Theatre, so, I will stay the way I'm set-up now ........... 5 of the same type speakers works best ....... You will like 5 Heresy's !!!!!!!

...the front three are the key...I switched to Quartets and an Academy (popbumpered K-Stack of course) only in the interest of size of the center...the Heresy (a Bob Crites, DeanG and JorJen project) center is better...I still have the Heresys and from time to time switch back and forth...to my ear, in a Home theater setting I find the Quartet and Heresy to be very similar in sound...the Sub (Outlaw Audio LFM-1 in my case) is doing the heavy lifting (lower bass notes) and the Academy is MUCH easier to place...in my case, I use the Home Theater mostly for movies and maybe 10% for music...

Bill

I have heard the Heresys, at EQ's house here in Dallas, in 5.1 configuration and the sounded awesome.

Honestly I don't why more people don't go that route.

You can't go wrong with them

Exactly right.  Just don't hear the all cornwall 5.1 (or is it 5.3) system first or you will get spoiled!

It's been awhile but when I was there he had 2 svs subs, for whatever is reason he could not get them to work though. Did not really matter anyway, the cornwall did outstanding

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Jeff,

Are you sure about aiming the surround Heresy pair toward the corners like that?

Nope I am not sure [;)] That is an old picture. They are no longer aimed in the corners as a result of many listening parties. I am single BTW so the fault is all mine. [:)]

Laters,

Jeff