235-MPG VW

seti

"The OPEC members coordinate their oil production policies in order to help stabilise the oil market and to help oil producers achieve a reasonable rate of return on their investments. This policy is also designed to ensure that oil consumers continue to receive stable supplies of oil."

We hold hands with the Sheiks of Saudi Arabia, so by implication we tacitly approve the operations of OPEC, of which Venezuela is a founding member.

If Exxon or Chevron has given whole cities of poor people discounts on heating oil, then let's hear about it. Otherwise, I will assume the poor people were greatful for the help.

I don't make the policy. If it were me, I'd be on renewables already and not playing suck face or holding hands with Sheiks or Charlatans from anywhere. But hey, that's just me. I'm the going saying get OFF of oil, remember?

So it's okay for OPEC to make TRILLIONS of dollars a year selling the rest of the world oil, but it's not alright for this country to develop and use (or export?) it's own oil resources?

We're not going to reduce our reliance on oil any time soon. It's as simple as that. Developing our own oil resources while developing alternatives is the only answer.

dbspl

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

volvo_gravity_car.jpg

This volvo is pretty hot...

I've always had a soft spot for vulvas Volvos.

A soft spot huh?

Hey, I don't want to scratch the finish.

Wax often, problem licked.

Keith

Perhaps we should get back on a topic suitable for a speaker forum! Is this the model with a phenolic diaphragm?

5. Solar, wind and other renewables don't suffer problems #1, #2, #3, #4.

I'm not sure I believe that. Using energy from natural processes requires that energy is removed from those systems - in turn affecting the behavior of those systems. Whether or not that impact is bad isn't exactly a known at this time. I know of at least one study right now that is trying to quantify/predict the effects of a sufficient solar/wind energy system on the Earth's climate. The initial results are pretty interesting...

The Butterfly Effect

The flapping wing represents a small change in the initial condition of
the system, which causes a chain of events leading to large-scale
alterations of events. Had the butterfly not flapped its wings, the
trajectory of the system might have been vastly different. Of course
the butterfly cannot literally
cause a tornado.

Yeah, but what about Mothra?

mothra-91.jpg