"I just upgraded to Bose"

wuzzzer

No, not me: This person: http://cgi.ebay.com/Klipsch-Forte-II-Stereo-Speakers_W0QQitemZ250269336774QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item250269336774&_trksid=p3286.m14.l1318

[:S] I want to know what's up with the woofers? The back passive looks like a cat or dog got to it and the fronts look odd with the discoloration on the outer edges.

Cat scratch fever! The discoloration could be from an idiot cleaning them with some chemical. An idiot who thinks bose is an upgrade. Buy it now is not too bad, would be better at 275 all things considered, enough to make a payment on his bose bill.

I don't recall if the woofers on the FII have rubber surrounds on them - I believe they do. If so, that whitish powder you see is probably normal - it is the atmosphere interacting with the rubber.

DougDrake,

The Forte II had rubber surrounds on the passive radiator in back, one of these passive radiators has scratches but they are not white. The woofers did not have rubber surrounds, they are a pleted surround, hence the dilema in what has caused it. The passive radiator can still be had from Klpsch for this speaker, as for woofers??

Roger

Have seen the same on a pair of KG4's .............. I thought all Heritage Series have rubber surrounds ???

Forte and Chorus are not considered "Heritage".

In my observation, there are no rubber surrounds on Heritage. (Heresy, CW, LS, KH)

I don't recall if the woofers on the FII have rubber surrounds on them - I believe they do. If so, that whitish powder you see is probably normal - it is the atmosphere interacting with the rubber.

DougDrake,

The Forte II had rubber surrounds on the passive radiator in back, one of these passive radiators has scratches but they are not white. The woofers did not have rubber surrounds, they are a pleted surround, hence the dilema in what has caused it. The passive radiator can still be had from Klpsch for this speaker, as for woofers??

Roger

I have three pairs of Forte IIs - all six woofers have rubber surrounds. The white oxidation on the rubber just wipes off.

The woofers have rubber surrounds, the passives are accordion style surrounds. From what I've gathered the passives are not available anymore. You have to fix them or find a same weighted replacement and replace on both speakers for a matched pair.

The woofers have rubber surrounds, the passives are accordion style surrounds. From what I've gathered the passives are not available anymore. You have to fix them or find a same weighted replacement and replace on both speakers for a matched pair.

My Forte I's have rubber surrounds on both the woofers and the drone.