New Turntable Support- COMPLETE w/pix

Mallette

With the help of the PAW, we completed the new turntable base. I've not ballasted it yet, but that is no big deal. We are pretty proud of it. I designed the construction, and the PAW chose and had the granite cut and chose and applied the formica black to the support structure. Two weeks at odd moments, and about 300.00 all told.

post-9494-1381939369633_thumb.jpg

That's a transformer for the track lights that illuminate the art, Buck.

Speaking of art, the PAW and I were just marveling at the 1586 Palm Sunday Mass manuscipt finally finding it's perfect place. I purchased that in 1968 from a traveling art sale that used to come through college towns for 65.00. As my budget at the time was 10.00/wk that was more than a bit of pain. I've not had any way to appraise it since, but about 1976 I ran into the same company at another college campus and asked what prices were like. He said "How many you got" and that the devastating Venice flood that destroyed or damaged about a third of such manuscripts. Anyway, it gives me something to ponder as I listen.

I had just got it in place yesterday morning before leaving for work. I was amazed when I dropped the level on the table and found it perfect in all directions.

First thing we listened to was a new acquisition by the PAW. It was a heavy Verve pressing of a Stan Getz/Gilberto album of South American classics like Ipanema. Very nice, but needs a bath. Had supper, etc. to deal with so that was it. I will be enjoying over the weekend...

I may try to get a better picture or two of the whole system than last bunch this weekend if the spirit moves.

If anyone is interested, the cut plan and 3D of this are on the one my my threads from a few weeks back. I am sure those with real woodworking skills could improve, but it is VERY rigid and can easily handle several hundred pounds of ballast if required. With everything pre cut, assembly only took about an hour. Formica took a bit more over several days, but was surprisingly easy and we got a nice router out of the deal.

I'm lovin' it...

Dave

While it is still a bit messy from the addition of MBS-6, this is the room as it is now. As mentioned, the computer is in another room with wireless keyboard and mouse via USB. The desktop is the closest I'll every likely get to Klipsch Diamond edition...

Dave

post-9494-13819393851294_thumb.jpg