Official August 9th Palladium Listening Party Thread!

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm afraid I must bow out, it will be way too long of a day for me with the races, I have to leave early, and by the time I get to your place, & then drive home,,,,,,, [|-)]

Palladiums = Top Notch......IMO [:D]

.........but I'd never dish out that much dough for them or any other speaker for that matter. Especially since knowing what Klipsch offers at a fraction of the cost. Just my opinion.

Had a great time. Thanks Damon for having us over. Good food, good music and good frinds = a winning combination.[:)]

My son and I got there about 4:30 PM. Dr Who, Boomac and SWL were already there.

The P's sound better at Damon's than they did in Indy. Probably the quieter room due to the lack of people.

Highlight of the evening was Boomac's responce to watching a few Rammstein videos. I beleive he reply was "What was that?" " If that is what you find entertaining you have some serious issues" [:)]

The other was sitting around pointing out all the physics flaws in the movie Sunshine.

We left just after midnight.

We all enjoyed listening to Damon's P-39s.

Thanks again Damon.

JM

Damon,

Thanks for the great time and the opportunity to listen to your World Class Palladium 39F's.

A few thoughts!

To describe their sound is tough! It is unlike anything that I have heard.

Without a doubt these seem like the smoothest Klipsch's I have heard from Klipsch ever.

The top end is very sweet. Some credit of course is due to the Aragon 2005 amp which is remarkably smooth for SS IMO.

Mids were very defined some would say very close to neutral perhaps the best Klipsch has come up with ever.

The bass was very taut, with very good pitch resolution.

When listening to rock I felt the Palladium's had a great sense of
focus for its bass line resolve you certainly could make out many parts
of a drum kit easier than many other types of speakers.

Interestingly SWL was there briefly and commented very strongly that he felt they needed the subs. An amplifier, preamplifier with greater warmth might alleviate that sense of need like the Peach II that SWL owned and auditioned in my system it has a lot of warmth of course there are many other alternatives.

But in the end its all about your satisfaction and no one elses.

The cabinets are beautiful and there are no resonance issues that I could tell of. They virtually disappeared.

Overall the speaker shows a lot of promise.

Certainly I think they are a world class speaker capable of serving music well with the finest of electronics Tube or SS.

One needs to audition them with a variety of electronics I'd certainly
would like to hear them with a variety of tube gear and better digital,
Like the Rega CD player that had substantially more body and warmth which seemed to served the music
better IMO.

Finally in the end, My hats off to the Klipsch Engineering Staff! Well done [Y]

Thanks Again for the fine grilled brats you are a Grill Master!

SET12

Thanks to everyone who came, those who didn't, your loss!

One of the most fun aspects of gatherings like this is hearing different music people bring. I have several things I need to buy now.

DrWho stayed on for quite a while today doing room measurements. This will be my focus in the months to come.

I'd be willing to host another event given enough demand!

Was hoping for a bit more of a review from the attendees but I expect most folks are probably not in that mode yet. Damon it was cool of you to host this to give folks an opportunity they'll likely not get otherwise, at least for some time. I would genuinely love to hear these. So guys when you get the time give us a good written interpretation this was a rare oportunity.

Looks like it was an awesome time.. I would be curious what "DocWho" thought of the room, and measurements as well?

From a bigger than life HT experience, I wish I had that (22- 25 feet width?) distance you seem to have, Damon.

I personally loved the Palladiums at Ovation better than at Klipsch in Indy myself, too.

Are you getting the whole HT Palladium setup with surrounds and a sub too?

Roger