It is a pretty day..I am going out to.....

• Moderators

Me, I will be wishing I could be driving around in a Porsch turbo all weekend ! [:'(]

But I will really be home with a bunch of kids for two of our grandkids combined birthday parties, two blow up jumping things, a camp-out tonight with a small fire and tent, (hopefully not together) only about 24 more hours of it left.

Buy some cheaper gas and enjoy driving again....

Everyones ideas all sounded good to me!

However I don't know how much gas dropped in your area but it only dropped 25 cents here. It is more of a mental relief than helping save me much money. It now is $3.36 cheaper to fill up which I will take!!

Also 102 degree heat is not very good getting out and driving weather. More like putting on a movie and listen to some music weather.

Just stumbled onto this thread (literally); we had some very good, long-time friends over yesterday (Saturday) with which we took in the annual Allen Park Street Fair. They close our main street, Allen Road down for 2 days the first weekend of August each year and hold an Arts and Crap, um, er Craft fair with all those little booths right on the pavement. We spent a good portion of the afternoon there (I did not buy anything) and then went back to our house where I whipped up a stellar batch (IMHO) of steak fajitas for everyone on the Barbie along with homemade pico de gallo. We had plenty of tequila, too. Speaking of tequila, the photo below is of my beautiful bride Verna standing next to a "Cuervo-mobile" (seeing this is a car-themed thread) that was parked at the street fair. The woman LOVES tequila, especially Patron Silver! Today we are going to our son's backyard BBQ he and his wife are throwing to celebrate his in-law's 45th wedding anniversary. That's quite an accomplishment! Party-on, dudes (and dude-ettes)! -Glenn [H]

post-10177-1381939961436_thumb.jpg

post-10177-13819409764306_thumb.jpg

trim the grass and weeds that I've ignored the past few weeks.... then probably work on the pool... maybe put the top down on the Sebring later (1997 JXI convertible, nothing special, but it's still fun on a nice day) and go for a ride in the country