OT: The Olympics in Hi Def

picky

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I know I'll get over it but I'm just a bit "pissy" this morning:

Despite a fabulous display of amazing strength and power, I feel that Usain Bolt and his homeland, Jamaica are huge losers. Let me explain:

He reminded me of “Rod (Show-me-the-money) Tidwell”, Cuba Gooding’s fictional football character in ‘Jerry Maguire’ whose ego instantly transforms him into a “boob” following his “winning touchdown run” before our eyes. From jumping right in front of a nearby camera with index finger raised and shouting “I’m number one, I’m number one” to his little so-called victory dance; it was ‘Jerry Maguire’ all over again. I’m okay with celebrating but the SOB didn’t even congratulate or acknowledge his fellow athletes. It was a one-man-show and all I saw standing there wrapped in his homeland’s flag was a pathetic "child", flashing gang hand-signs while crouching in front of a group of photographers and a timing display that shows his world-record time for the 200M run. Well la-de-freakin'-dah for him! I’m sure Jamaica has plenty to be proud of in its other fine athletes despite this “Hey, look-at-me” embarrassment of a man. It was an appalling show of egotism and a tremendous lack of respect for his fellow athletes, his nation and the Olympics in my opinion. I acknowledge his physical feat as incredible, but he lost the race in his actions that followed. Just another supposed "role model" for kids to watch pissing all over morals. [:(] The man is a poor sport and an enormous contrast to the other medal winners.

The IOC didn’t appreciate his antics either: http://www.detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080821/SPORTS09/808210435/1367

post-10177-13819400244024_thumb.jpg

post-10177-1381941039455_thumb.jpg

I acknowledge his physical feat as incredible, but he lost the race in his actions that followed. Just another supposed "role model" for kids to watch pissing all over morals. Sad The man is a poor sport and an enormous contrast to the other medal winners.

Excellent point Picky. I am in complete awe of his physical talent, but his actions and personality make me want to vomit. As a runner myself I can say that many sprinters (but certainly not all) are of the obnoxious-I'm-better-than-you mentality. Not sure why, but the longer the distance, the nicer and more friendly the competitors are. My favorite races were the 200 and 400 meters, but I hated the immaturity that would ensue at the starting line. It was in sharp contrast to say cross country where the runners would be wishing each other luck at the start. Before one 400m race, a fellow competitor told me "Don't even bother, you don't have a chance against me". It was with great pleasure I passed him with 50 meters left on way to my personal best time. That kind of arrogance will catch up to Usain one day too and perhaps put a rest to his actions. Perhaps.

I'm tell y'all......

Someone in the NFL needs to draft Usain. He could be the next great Deon Sanders!!

Tom

I know he was one of the finest atheletes ever to play the game. I don't follow football. What's the story on him?

Mugshot of Sanders: (The knucklehead looks glad to be there.) [:S] What was he in for? (I live in a (man) cave). Was this the infamous 1996 "fishing-in-a-forbidden-lake-near-an-airport" stunt? I'd smile too if I had a couple of huge walleyes sitting in the cooler.

post-10177-13819400248418_thumb.jpg

post-10177-1381941039833_thumb.jpg

Those earbuds just look painful and I'm sure sound like crap compared to the Klipsch phones ... no personal experience with the iPod ones as I gave up on thsoe tortorous things years ago.

Our 14 year old daughter I think likes them in that they're whit and not black.... but uses my Custom 2s every chance she gets.....

Maybe Klipsch could get some to him anway ... I'm sure he'll be recognized for quite a while.... of course maybe is under contract with Apple so can't be seen in public with another company's earphones....

Our 14 year old daughter I think likes them in that they're whit and not black.... but uses my Custom 2s every chance she gets.....

Yuck. Family or not, I don't share earbuds with anyone. Ick!

My brain is rotting, she's still 13 for about 5 weeks....

Well, I clean the gels often with alcohol wipes and always when changing gels. My daughter also uses a different size gel - lately the smallest and I use the largest so I don't think a little sharing is that disgusting. But sharing earphones does sound kind of gross if just passing the earphones back and forth without cleaning and using the same gels as most kids would probaly do.

That said only a few others have tried my Custom 2 with everything carefully cleaned before and after. A little demonstration is a lot more convincing of sound quality than anything I can say.

For demos at the Pligrimage Professor Thump had a pile of gels of all sizes for anyone wanting to demo the different model. My daughter has been using the extra small gels since then instead of the small double flange. The large single flange seem to work the best for me though at times I think I could use an extra large version.