Don't call him a Klipsch collector...

Hifi jim

He's an interesting guy. I delivered a pair of Chorus II to him some time ago. He had purchased them from someone in my area, who decided after the sale that he didn't want to box and ship. Steve lives not to far from where I grew up.

Bruce

OCKD

A fine "disorder" in the grand scheme of disorders....Wink

Step 1 is for him too admit that he is in fact a collector. Something he seems unwilling to do on his webpage. Considering his lowball prices and need for parts, step 2 should be for him too admit that he is also a dealer. We all love a great deal, but thankfully we're all not conning the public on our own webpages.

Hi guys, my name is Michael and I'm a Klipschaholic.

Here are the Twelve Steps of Klipschaholics anonymous:

1. We admitted that we were powerless over our hobby and that our collection had taken over the house.

2. Came to believe in a great speaker designer (whom some choose to call PWK)

3. Made a decision that the above speaker designer could restore us to healthy listening

4. Made an inventory of our speakers and what we did to obtain them

5. Discussed this inventory to another human being

6. Understand which speakers we don't care for and be willing to get rid of them

7. Actually put these speakers up for sale

8. Made a list of all speakers we have harmed and become willing to fix them all

9. Made repairs to those speakers whenever possible, except when to do so would substantially alter their original design.

10. Continued toenjoy our Klipsch speakers on a daily basis

11. Sought to increase our enjoyment of Klipsch speakers,

12. Having enjoyed music and movies with our Klipsch speakers, we carried this message to other music lovers and listened to music on a regular basis

• Like 3

The goal is to intercept them before they hit eBay or the Forum and the seller finds out how much they are worth.

Exactly. What gets my goat is his ridiculously lowball prices on top of the fact he is trying to convince us that these are for his personal use, and he is not a collector, or dealer. Somehow I'm not buying it.
  • Like 1

I think he rarely sells them. He had them stacked in his garage when I visited. Before I drove the pair of Chorus IIs up to him, I asked him if he would sell them to me, even for a profit. Nope.. he had to have them. He had a couple of shelves full of K55s, too.

Bruce

m

You guys would tell me if you thought I was getting to be like that, wouldn't you? I did do the collecting bits of:

own all the Heritage (never got Belles)

own bunch of Heresies in different finishes/ pro configurations

own all the pro stuff I can find, especially the first set in black glass with aluminum trim (got em) still working on it this.

own something from about every Klipsch era/line - Heritage, Epic, Legend, Synergy, Reference- never got far with this one

buy some that needed good homes, beaters that could use some fixing up. this will happen with new workshop I'm building (I have CW's and H's to fix)

I've already warned others of how debilitating this obsession can get. In 4 years I collected over 120 Klipsch speakers and am now in the process of sharing the wealth with others.

Actually the truth is that after a point it wasn't about collecting or obtaining the speakers, it was the joy of the road trip to personally ferry them home and meeting other Klipsch lovers. That is the joy of the hobby to me. I'd venture to say that I could get an offer to spend the evening or night in the home of a Klipsch lover in any state east of the Mississipi and a few out west as well.

yer buddy,

Michael