Does anyone like Moulin Rouge?

fini

Me and my g/f watched this two weekends ago, the weekend it got 3 golden globes, and could not stand it. What were they on when they did this? Ohwell, i still have mixed feeling... i like those kinda weird movies, but this was crossing the line LoL!

------------------

-justin

I am an amateur, if it is professional;

ProMedia help you want email Amy or call her @ 1-888-554-5665 or for an RA# 1-888-554-5665

Klipsch Home Audio help you want, email support@klipsch.com or call @ 1-800-KLIPSCH

RA# Fax Number=317-860-9140 / Parts Department Fax Number=317-860-9150

ProMedia 5.1 Placement Help s>

I thought it sucked....

------------------

Home Theater:

Yamaha RX-V1000

Klipsch RF-3's

Klipsch KSC-C1(LOOKING FOR A RC-3 OR RC-3II)

Kenwood KSV64 Bipolar Speakers

Klipsch Subwoofer KSW-12

Television: TOSHIBA THEATER VIEW 50"

DVD Player SONY S-360

CD Changer CDC 585 5 Disc Yamaha

Philips Pronto ts-1000

monster cable interconnects/12 gauge speaker wire

• 2 weeks later...

Just saw this post and have to jump in - late I know. I thought Moulin Rouge was one of the best movies I've seen in a while. Talk about over the top. I wish I had seen it at the theater. How can you not like a movie about a turn of the century French bordello/night club. Plus, Nicole's in it!!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

quote:

Originally posted by BigBusa:

You really have to be gay to like that movie ...seriously, you must like the same sex if you like that movie!

So, guess you bought the DVD did'nt you?cwm4.gif

------------------

-justin

SoundWise Support

A technical help site created by me and my fellow Klipschers

I am an amateur, if it is professional;

ProMedia help you want email Amy or call her @ 1-888-554-5665 or for an RA# 800-554-7724 ext 5

Klipsch Home Audio help you want, email support@klipsch.com or call @ 1-800-KLIPSCH

RA# Fax Number=317-860-9140 / Parts Department Fax Number=317-860-9150s>

I picked this DVD up for my Valentine on, of course, Valentines Day this year. First off, it was not what I was expecting, but found it to be a pleasant surprise & very entertaining. I liked how they disected all the popular tunes and turned them into hilarious send-ups.

I will never be able to listen to "Roxanne" and "Smells Like Teen Spirit" in the same vein again.

Heck of a soundtrack that can really pound.

Movie: b

Sound: a

Orientation: master of my domain

• 5 weeks later...

Ok the movie was a 7-8 the sound was a 10. Soundtrack is a 10 too. Why..?? It is over the top. Yes, a rip off of every line we all grew up with. That is also why it is a perfect fantastic love story.

It is all about LOVE. To love, feel love, and recieve love. If you have never had this kind of love and to be loved in your life time, it is a shame. Is this a "chick flick" yes...... This is perhaps one of those movies you just get lost in the story and enjoy it for what it is....actors, songs, storyline... I think you will enjoy it too if you give it a chance. The male lead tenor is incredible. (And no, I am not gay or Bi..LOL.)

Get it on DVD, ignore the hype good or bad, and just enjoy it for what it is... A classic LOVE story.. Who knows, maybe after you see it with your loved one, you can get lucky like I did too.. hehehehehehe (Sorry, had to put it in, it was true afterall..LOL.)

One of the worst movies I ever saw. We watched it in the theatre and my and my G/F almost walked out cause it was so bad. Decided to stay incase it got better but that was a mistake. Don't even spend your money to rent it. Hell if someone gave me $100 I wouldn't go watch it again.

------------------

I like my bass like I like my women, deep and tight.

• 2 weeks later...

well...This movie should not be taken seriously for content.... Its kinda take off for the Zeigfield Follies type stuff...

And how it ever got funded, I'll never know.

Do you want to check out the color for your new TV...well this is the vehicle...You want to check out female vocals...well this is a help...

I have a decent cd collection...and the closest that I have for female vocals was b52s, lene lovich and billy corgan. LOL..

• 2 weeks later...

finally rented it. liked it for some variety. chose the dts track & actually there was some pretty low, hard hitting LFE in there at times. yea very colorful video 2, epecially w/ the contrasting dark & dreary sets in the film.

suprised they used some contemporary tunes for a 1900 setting. roxanne, your song, like a virgin. very fun.

of course for musicals i prefer something more like rocky horror or phantom o'paradise, but it was worth the rent & a lil over 2 hours (also watched da girls do their lady m videos).

think i prefer nichole more in things like "eyes wide shut". Wink.gif

------------------

My Home Systems Page