Famous Blue Raincoat ships today!

fini

The long-awaited, delayed-for-months 3-disc 45rpm set of the Jennifer Warnes classic is finally shipping! Yes, it's uber expensive ($80)**, but tomorrow's my birthday, so there.

They started taking orders for this back in, I think, February, and kept delaying its release. I hope it was worth the wait!

**I'm just lucky I didn't invest that $80 in the stock market back then...Johny, where's your chart??

What's so Famous about the Blue Raincoat? Why have I never heard this LP? Who is Jennifer Warnes?

I'm serious. Never heard of her or this album except seeing it advertised on Elusive Disc and Acoustic Sounds websites.

P.S. HFB you friggin lefty nutjob! :)

What's so Famous about the Blue Raincoat? Why have I never heard this LP? Who is Jennifer Warnes?

I'm serious. Never heard of her or this album except seeing it advertised on Elusive Disc and Acoustic Sounds websites.

P.S. HFB you friggin lefty nutjob! :)

Thanks, Gary!

Jennifer Warnes has an incredibly beautiful voice, and Famous Blue Raincoat (a collection of Leonard Cohen songs) is her best album. Yeah, it's been written up as having stellar sonics, but it's her voice that grabs me. I've had the album since it came out 20 years ago, and never tire of it. You've undoubtedly heard her, on "I've Had The Time of My Life" (from Dirty Dancing) with Bill Medley, on "Right Time Of The Night," and with Joe Cocker on "Up Where We Belong."

You can hear her, and find out more about the album at her website, http://www.jenniferwarnes.com/

For me, it's a must-have.

Back in the day, I remember listening to the local FM college station at Bradly U. in Peoria. They played one of the Who's songs from Tommy, which she also did. They synced up the two and did a crossfade into her version Blew me away... no.. wait a minute...[:|] I was already blown away...

Famous Blue Raincoat is an incredible album.

Bruce