Happy Birthday Picky

gonzp

You flatter me dtel (30, 40..). LOL It's 57. Thanks guys! I appreciate all of the wishes. It's a great day: I don't have to work on a Saturday and the wife is back as of last Monday night from her 3-week trip out west to help her girlfrind move. Life is good! [:D] -Glenn

Happy Birthday Glenn! [^] [:D] [G]

I'll always remember you as the first Forum member to invite me over to their home for a listen. It was when I popped up to Detroit for my first pair of LSI's. They were about a mile from you. When we went down to the Small House Theater and you sealed the doors and mentioned 'you'll feel a change in the air pressure' I knew I was in for a treat. You're a good Forum Brother man! That's been some 4 1/2 years ago I think. We've enjoyed company many times since then and I always look forward to visiting with you, Verna and your Mother. Hope all are well.

Enjoy the day!

yer buddy,

Michael

Gosh, you guys; thanks for all of the nice wishes! I had a wonderful day yesterday. I slept in; for me that means 7:30 am as I normally up at 5:05 on weekdays. I am in the office by 6 am because I support our operations in Europe and by then, they are already in the middle of their day. I work 8 hours and going home at 2:30 pm each day is not so bad! After getting up, I enjoyed a pot of coffee with Ms. Rose and we shared the newspaper. Verna got up and I had her tea ready for her. They both showered me with some gifts and kisses (a nice way to start your day, I highly recommend it). I did some email and then Verna and I ran some errands and picked up lunch to bring home. I don't know if the Taco Bells in your area have these special items, but lately I have been addicted to their Volcano Tacos! YUM! I usually eat 3 for lunch with lots of jalapenos and Fire sauce. Not bad; less than $3 bucks for a nice lunch.

Next, I looked outside the window and watched some of the leaves blowing by. It was a beautiful, sunny day in the low to mid 50s. I enjoyed the fact that I didn't even have to do my usual Saturday chore of yard work for two reasons: The grass is growing more slowly now due to the coolness of fall and I finished winterizing our front and back yard last week after 3 solid weeks of hard work out there while Verna was gone on her trip. It just felt good to do nothing for a change. Believe it or not, that actually made me a bit restless because I am not used to doing nothing. We watched a few shows that we'd recorded on the DVR and then I went down to the basement and updated a friend's web site that I do for her. It's a sort of memorial for her daughter who succumbed to cancer 3 long years ago after a 13-year battle with Adult Hodgkins that began at the age of 13. Emily's site is http://www.cancerisstupid.com/ if you'd care to take a look.

For dinner, Verna made one of my favorites: Homemade meatloaf and macoroni and cheese from scratch. We had a small piece of strawberry-rhubarb pie that we picked up at the store for dessert, as I prefer a "birthday pie" to cake. She wanted to make me a key lime pie, but key limes are no longer in season. We topped off the evening by watching a high-scoring, original six hockey game between Chicago and Detroit. Both teams were neck-and-neck and fairly evenly matched throughout the game. Detroit won 6-5 in the shoot-out. What a nice way to top off a birthday! Our kids are all coming over to see me today.

So, thanks to all of you for making my day special. The best presents of all to me are freinds and family; it's nice to be reminded I have both! -Glenn