Just a cute pic

DTLongo

Yep, they're front-declawed as of a couple of weeks ago. Peppie and Pookie are just beyond kittenhood and before they WERE declawed things were dicey. Guarded by other pieces of furniture the Khorns and Belle were unscathed and the Velodyne and my HT speakers almost so. Meow.

We all know cats ONLY belong in the barn...

Ha, that's what my father used to say (he grew up on a farm) until they took in a stray. They've had the cat for 8 years now, and if it's not waking him up at 5:oo in the morning, he feels bad.

Nice cats, DTLongo; are they siblings? We have two sisters (14years old), and they still fight with each other....at least as long as we're around (jealous cats). We love 'em to death - and they only scratch their scratching post (go figure).

When I was a kid (some 45 years ago) our cat would walk back into the baffle of my dad's hi-fi speaker. It would curl up and have a nice nap just below the back side of the coaxial driver. If we couldn't find the cat we would turn on the music and slowly increase the volume until the cat came shooting out!

Thanx, Russ

Nice cats, DTLongo; are they siblings?

No, they're not siblings, they came in separately to the county animal shelter from where I adopted them in July. The larger, chunkier one (Pookie) is totally black. The smaller, slenderer one (Peppie) has white whiskers and a tuft of white on her chest. Peppie is to the left in the photo, Pookie on the right. They are both purring machines. Peppie is more affectionate, Pookie is more standoffish. Fancy that, an aloof cat. Meow.

Hey Blvdre,

I grew up in a small town, primarily a farming community and that is a very common saying.

I don't mind cats, but they make me sneeze and so does hay... hold on, maybe it's that darn barn that makes me sneeze. [:^)]

Not for the faint of feline heart:

Hey Blvdre,

I grew up in a small town, primarily a farming community and that is a very common saying.

I don't mind cats, but they make me sneeze and so does hay... hold on, maybe it's that darn barn that makes me sneeze. Huh?

Yeah, hay (and my cats) get to me too....and just about every other type of allergen. I would've made a lousy farmer.

Yeah, hay (and my cats) get to me too....and just about every other type of allergen. I would've made a lousy farmer.

There's a theory that early exposure to animals (pets, farm, etc) and their associated (relative) filth actually prevents allergies.

Back on topic: Am I the only 'net geek on this board, or are lolcats played out?

Posted Image

There's a theory that early exposure to animals (pets, farm, etc) and their associated (relative) filth actually prevents allergies.

Well, that would explain things - too much clean livin' early on.

Back on topic: Am I the only 'net geek on this board, or are lolcats played out?

I think it's played out, although "I has your grandma" still makes me laugh. OT, there's a new (to me) website where people hold up album covers, and integrate themselves into it link to examples

I can't remember the website, have to look it up when I get home.